$57
Gamma Chapala(Chapala)
$54
$68
  • Pool
Calli Aztatl - Hotel Spa Boutique(Chapala)(Great Value!)
$63
$79
Casa Michin(Chapala)
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 18, 2015

Upon entering the property you feel that you are truly in Mexico and not some cookie cutter hotel dropped in the middle of another country. The grounds are clean and gorgeous with an abundance of tropical plants, Mayan statutes, and a welcoming pool. The different named rooms of which I toured are all interesting and unique. Our room was extremely clean, spacious, and relaxing. QQ is conveniently located walking distance to the lakefront walk (Chapala's Malecon) and the main shopping street. The owner Robert is extremely gracious and engaging. I will absolutely stay here again and highly recommend it for anyone who is looking for a relaxing and beautiful accommodation. FYI: the writer and poet DH Lawrence wrote his book "The Plumed Serpent" while staying at this property. As mentioned in another review, a deposit is required which is a standard practice and not unique to this property. Please contact me if you need any more information about my recent enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: June 2015, traveled with family
2  Thank JulieM21
Reviewed March 30, 2015

This place is in a really weird location. It is alone off on a side street that is not close to anything, across from an empty broken down lot. The entrance is a big tall door that is locked, along a concrete wall, with no way to see into the hotel, like it is for protection. There is almost no light on the street at night with some people just hanging around there.

The plants and things at this place are nice, but hotels are for rooms and service. The room was ok, same as the service. Nothing really special. No restaurant, no bar, no airport transportation or around town, no warm smile from the guy who acts like the manager or the owner.

No need to return.

• Stayed: March 2015, traveled on business
5  Thank TravelerPass
Robert C, Owner at QQ, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2015

Interesting ?? We are located half a block from the Malecon and Lake Chapala, centrally located near the church, town plaza, bus station and many restaurants and shops all of these are a two minute walk from us.
We do not have a concrete wall, we have a beautiful stone wall, and lovely carved doors which are constantly the subject of photo opportunities by guests and the public.
There is a street light outside our property as well as lights at our doorway, further to that the police on the next corner have a security light shining into our street..
There is a vacant block of land opposite which has many beautiful mature trees.
We constantly arrange transport for our guests to the airport or other locations they may wish to go, transport from the airport is by a well organised and secure regulated taxi service.
There has been a spate of untruthful reviews to denegrate us, I suspect they are generated by a disgruntled guest who lost his deposit recently.
Many of our guests return week after week year after year and have done so for the past twelve years.
Robert Cracknell, Owner Quinta Quetzalcoatl Hotel.
P/S Trip Adviser has previously published a bad review from a person who did not stay here, what does that tell you.??

Reviewed January 30, 2015

I have been going to Chapala for the past two years and stayed at the QQ 4 or 5 times and would not even consider staying anywhere else. All rooms are suites but my favorite is the Carriage House which offers comfortable accommodation for two or three, a small kitchenette, a private patio and easy access to the owner's apartment which offers one the ability to enjoy conversation and share bottles of good red wine. Obviously I have gotten to know the owner (a laid back Aussie with a steam driven laptop from the last century and smoking HOTTT strawberry pancakes for breakfast) and his wife quite well. In a way, it's like coming home each time I arrive. A walk through the beautifully walled-in landscaped gardens offers you privacy,peace and tranquility for powering down with weather year around that is absolutely perfect. For a bit of a splurge or a special occasion, try staying in the D.H. Lawrence Suite!

• Stayed: January 2015, traveled on business
2  Thank Rick T
Reviewed January 4, 2015

My wife and I just had a wonderful stay at the QQ in Chapala. We were there for a week. We had a room with private patio. Room was outstanding and grounds were great. Had very good access to Wi Fi. The owners did everything for us. If a tennis player-- Rob the owner is a great source to get you a game at six courts at park in town -- easy walking distance. Chapala was great also. We met a lot of wonderful and interesting people from all over North America.

Room Tip: Everything about the property, Owners could not do enough for us -- arranged anything we wanted. Grounds are beautiful. Rooms are outstanding, spacious and clean. we had a private patio
  • Stayed: December 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Randy L
Reviewed December 7, 2014

If you like cookie cutter hotels don't stay here!! The Quinta Quetzalcoatl is a rare gem. No two rooms are the same. The gardens meander through manicured roses, and hibiscus flowers in colors I'd never seen. Scary looking cactus all in bloom were also in abundance. All separated by brick walkways and sparkling pools and fountains. It was magical! We stayed in the Plumed Serpent room. It has a lovely patio with table and chairs. Relaxing, I could watch the birds and butterflies among the fragrant flowers. The domed brick ceilings were an amazement every morning upon awakening. Rob, the Aussie proprietor was a wealth of information and suggestions. The breakfasts were ample and delicious. I really enjoyed the fresh fruit compotes every morning. In addition they served a main course. My favorite was the quiche with bacon and warm fresh bread. My only suggestions for improvements would be to upgrade the mattresses (in every hotel in Mexico) and have a Mexican themed breakfast. We were there for the annual Feria where master artesanias show their finest arts and crafts and the location was great. One block from the Malecon and one block from the main street, there were many choices for dining and sight seeing. I will be back!!

• Stayed: November 2014, traveled with friends