“Private, romantic getaway that's great for couples”
Review of AYADA Maldives

AYADA Maldives
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Maguhdhuvaa
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Ayada is the perfect resort for couples looking to spend a quiet, romantic holiday.

Things we really loved:
1. Beautiful island, beaches and surrounding waters. Maldives is beautiful wherever you go but the waters go from beautiful to spectacular the further you go from the population centers.
2. Great staff! Very responsive and helpful--I needed a lot of support as part of my plan to do a surprise proposal while there and I must say that the staff (Cathy the concierge, Mahdhoon our personal butler in particular) were all wonderful in helping to make my plans come true. Kitchen crew, waitstaff and landscaping crews were all very friendly.
3. New facilities. Ayada is a new resort so as you can imagine, all the amenities are unworn and well appointed. It's very obvious that this place was built for romance--they even have a very nice wedding chapel right in the middle of the island.
4. Because Ayada is a bit far from Male, the number of guests was pretty low. For us, this was a big plus as our goal was to spend private time together away from others. It was really only at meals where we saw a lot of other couples, which worked out great for us.
5. Snorkeling was loads of fun, even for me a non-swimmer. Did not get a chance to try scuba this time around but it's on the list for next time.

Things that could have been better:
1. The big compromise in deciding on Ayada is the distance. Getting there requires a plane ride from Male to another airport, then a speedboat ride. In total, it means another 3 or 4 hours each way of travel in addition to whatever travel time you have from your home country to the Maldives. We had to leave very early in the morning, which felt like we lost half a day that we would have loved to spend on a beach overlooking the water.
2. The food was okay but not great. I was a little surprised that there was not a wider selection of seafood/fish given that we were surrounded by ocean. The main restaurant's ventilation is a bit weak, resulting in a lot of smoke when they are grilling meats--even though it is an open-design restaurant with no walls. That means you are breathing in a lot of smoke and fumes as you select from their buffet as all the food is placed surrounding the central grilling station.

All in all, we really enjoyed our first time in the Maldives--so much so that we really regretted having to leave. Ayada is probably not so great for families or people looking to party or meet new people. It's a very serene and quiet resort geared towards romantic getaways.

We had really high expectations and I'm very happy to say that Ayada delivered, giving us memories that will last a lifetime.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FourToAFlush
Write a ReviewReviews (1,768)

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I've been Ayada Maldives last year, Chosen Ayada because their facility -- Hammock, I can lay on it and see my man snorkeling, beside Six Sense, there is only Ayada have the hammock in villa.

Transport: It was very exhaust. Upon arrival at Male International Airport, we take a 55 minute domestic flight to Kaadhedhoo Domestic, then take the speed boat for a 50 minute sea transfer to Ayada Maldives. I remember I arrived there at 11pm, super tied and almost fall asleep while checking-in. But the resort is good, they didn't close the restaurant until we finished the dinner.

Room : Very comfortable! The room as is the demo picture in their website. I specially like the bathroom, cause there is a large window, I can see the fish during bathing :D
My Man & I sit on the sofa which next to the private pool everyday, because he told me that he see the dolphin at the first day morning.

Facility : We didn't join the snorkeling tour, we had it at our room since we stay in Ocean Villa. I don't know swimming, and the life jacket is rent out at the diving center (free), the staff suggest me to wear the one at room. My Man enjoyed snorkeling and said there is nice coral n fish there, but i'm afraid to swim far away from my room, so just play around my villa, even no beautiful coral there and few fish, but surprisingly we saw the Octopus!!! and it just living under my villa LOL

Beside swimming, Ride the bicycle is a best choice! Everywhere is GREEN(tree), White (sand) , Blue (sky) , I can take off my astigmatism eye glassed to ride, and feel so FREE!

Room Tip: * No need join the dolphin tour i think , cause you may see it in your villa. Even it is far, but I...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lamdalike
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I just left AYADA with my husband and waiting to check in at Male. We enjoyed very much in this place, decently decorated villas, comfortable environment and amazing ocean views. We stayed at ocean villa and we enjoyed very much having nap every afternoon at the terrace facing the blue ocean. And you can do snorkeling once you walked down the terrace.
The helpful staff there even made our stay in AYADA warmer and more comfortable. Staff in restaurants, our butler amd even the general manager are so nice and helpful. And I appreciate they have welcome cocktail for us during our stay. Management team took this opportunity chatting with the customers.

Just one thing for improvement is the food quality. Variety of food is big but the taste is not so good. Maybe the style doesn't match to what usually eat in Hong Kong.
If you look for a place of quality service and environment, AYADA is absolute a good choice.

Room Tip: Ocean villas no. 501-520 have the best view of sunrise. The sea right outside the terrace of these...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Charlieyeung
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My husband and I stay 4 days in Ayada, it's really a nice place!(I can't use words to describe) We have ruterned home nearly a month,but I remember the everyting in the island. The blue sky, soft beach, comfortable villa,delicious food,friendly staff.

For envirenment of the island, everywhere is a beautiful photo.Zero degree is our favorite place,every afternoon and after supper we went there. Here you can see the best view,and many children play in the pool.It's feel so good.You can see lizard on the tree; and we saw a huge white bird in front of the white room on last day.

For food, I get weight after my holiday due to the great food.MAGU: Every food taste good, desserts are very cute. I yielded to temptation and had a lot of desserts. And I recommend one food that with mutton filling, I forgot it's name I call it turkey pizza :). Sea food is fresh, flexible quality, taste sweet. Zero degree: Here only supply lanch and cock tail.My husband like spaghetti he had it ervery day. I like the Caesar Salad and pizza. Food is fresh, the fiber of chicken is very tight (at first I am unaccustomed to it ) . Espacilly the pizza, you can choose five materials according to your taste, it's the best pizza I have ever eat.

For room, We choose both beach villa and ocean villa.My husband like beach villa,he enjoy the feeling that go through the coconut tree stand on the beach face the blue ocean. For me, I love both of them. when in the beach villa,you can lay on the beach enjoy the sunshine. In the ocean villa I like lay on the hammock, listen the sound of waves.At that moment you seem to merge with the sea.

For activity,We only take part in the lucky dolphin & snorkeling.Every lucky, we saw a hunge number dolphins.They follow our ship, sometimes they under our ship and sometimes they jump above the water.Very exciting! When snorkeling we have divided into four groups,our coach came from Pakistan.He is a good person,very kindly. And he take a lot of pictures for us, dolphin, coral etc. He said he saw shark, turtle,eagly ray when snorkeling.I wish can saw turtle, unfortunately we didn't. But we saw a lot of colourful fish and beautiful coral. Thanks him.

For service, you feel like at home when on the island. Every staff is very kindly, I remember their simple smile.Thank you all the staff for everthing you do,that make us feel we are the member of the big famliy.

But there are many ants in the room, hope we can find a method to solve.

I will be back someday, expect our second meeting.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank trcyqi
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Last week, I visited the Ayada Maldives with my family. I took part in two activities, one is the Snorkelling Trip and Lucky Dolphin Watch, and another is the Sunset Fishing. In my opinion, both activities were fantastic. I was so exciting during the Lucky Dolphin Watch, and I saw a great amount of Dolphin which wandered in the water. Furthermore, my friends and I caught a realy big one in the Sunset Fishing, and the pitiful guy should be the biggest fish I have eaten. By the way, I felt a little bit disappointed about the Snorkelling Trip, because I found another place where was more suitable for Snorkelling. When I went snorkelling around that place, I was able to saw more colourful fish and coral. However, it was so dangerous to go snorkelling for swimming beginners at the place. For this reason, I recommend everyone to join the Snorkelling Trip in a safe manner. All in all, everything was so perfect, such as kindly staff, comfortable rooms, delicious food and agreeable environment. There was no doubt that Ayada Maldives was my paradise. I wish to visit again with my wife and children in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Dian Z
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I went to Ayada last winter. It started with an unhappy experience. We arrived the international airport at around 2am our local time and arrived safely at the hotel 3 hours later.

Our travel agent told us that there will be someone who comes to pick us up from the hotel at the international airport. However, when we arrived, no one picked us up and we had no idea what to do. the man who worked at the help desk came up to approach us and asked if we need help (he didn't wear any uniform and we didn't know that he was from the help desk after 20 mins). We told him no one is picking us up and he said he is going to call his friend who works at Ayada. He then told us that Ayada already came to pick us up the same time but in the afternoon. They didn't see us so they left already. We asked if it is possible for us to go to the hotel by ourselves , and he said it is impossible because we need to take domestic flight for 50 Minutes and then speed boat for 50 minutes(we were like what ??? Our agent just told us that we need to take the speed boat?! Of course this is the agency's fault and our own fault for not checking and completely trusted our agent). The help desk guy told us that we should rent a room in the city for a night for around US$150 dollars and take the flight the other morning. I was like no way. We have already paid so much for Ayada and I won't be spending much more, i would rather wait in the airport.

Then after 5 minutes, the help desk guy told us that there is a domestic flight which is available in 30 minutes. He asked us to wait in the lounge and wait to board. We were somehow scared because we don't know who to trust (plus it was so late already. We were so tired...). But then we know that he is from the help desk so it should be fine. We took the 36-seat- domestic flight , and arrived the pier at around an hour later. Ayada came to pick us up and we took the speed boat to the resort.

We asked what happened and they told us that our agent messed up the time. It wasn't their fault. I contacted my agent and he assured that he gave them the correct time. After all, no one knows the truth, but in my opinion, if the guests didn't arrive the airport, shouldn't they double check with the emails or contact the travel agent?

I guess since the hotel is quite new, the resort seems to be very very quiet. The souvenir shop only has one salesperson and even some of the bars closed down. It doesn't look as "alive" as in the photos. We didn't see other couples until after the third day! It can be a plus if you like privacy, but we felt like we went to an isolated island, haha!

The view was great though! The ocean was so blue and the room view is wonderful! We had the honeymoon dinner at the restaurant and we couldn't finish the salmon. The waiter wrapped up the old salmon and even gave us an extra piece of salmon to take away! He was so nice.

Last but not least, we think that the people who work there don't seem to be able to communicate well in English. I even got scolded by the person who cleaned up my room for not pressing the "clean up my room" button. He got so mad and scolded me for a few times....

All in all, the view is great, things are clean and nice, some places were isolated, and services need improvement.

• Stayed: December 2012
4  Thank Review123123
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Everything was perfect for My husband and i We want to go again. The corals were beautiful and the staff were very kind. Hotel was new. We liked foods and esspecially recommend sea foods. And also fruits:-) we saw sharks also basking shark ( whale shark)and alot of colourfull fish we couldnt see turtle we hope you can see. We like our room. Also swimming pool at balcony. We took a lot of picture underwater and above. İsland was big you can take a walk at seaside that you feel like walking tropicalside. Our last day was rainy. İt was beautiful to be in the water under the rain.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Mihta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maguhdhuvaa
Outrigger Konotta Maldives Resort
Outrigger Konotta Maldives Resor...
#3 of 3 in South Huvadhoo (Gaafu Dhaalu) Atoll
#2 of 3 in South Huvadhoo (Gaafu Dhaalu) Atoll
Robinson Club Maldives
Robinson Club Maldives
#1 of 1 in Villingili

Been to AYADA Maldives? Share your experiences!