Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa(Hadahaa Island)
$774
$618
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
Outrigger Konotta Maldives Resort(South Huvadhoo (Gaafu Dhaalu) Atoll)
$455
$377
$340
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Amari Havodda Maldives(South Huvadhoo (Gaafu Dhaalu) Atoll)
$483
$403
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 54% below average rates

The price you found is 54% lower than this hotel's average rate of $885/night.

Viluxer Veyli(Fuvahmulah)
$83
$67
Agoda.com
$69
$44
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of $75/night.

Small Island Lodge(Vaadhoo Island)
$65
$49
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Pearl Beach View(North Huvadhu (Gaafa Alifu) Atoll)
$55
2,180 results
All reviewsocean villaour honeymoonfishspeed boatmale airportspecial thanksdomestic flightbreakfast and dinnergolf cartlong tripbeautiful islandtake careprivate poolsunset beachhalf board packageunforgettable holidaywine list
Reviewed October 22, 2012

In Shanghai, travel agency highly recommend Ayada Maldives because Ayada was new resort in Maldives, many couples choose Ayada as their honeymoon destination, I choose Ayada as well.
I planed to arrive in Ayada on Oct.10th because the day after that was my husband‘s birthday I asked the travel agency to apply for a piece of birthday cake for him but they reject it. At that time, I just have a try to send email to resort manager. The next day I received Gerard’s reply, I felt unbelievable. In the email I felt Gerard was really kind and nice. When I arrived in Ayada, several staff and a beautiful lady welcome our arrival,we felt warm. The next day afternoon I received a call from reception, it was my first time to talk with Gerard. It was really surprising Gerard drave a club car to deliver a piece of cake to our room, it was really touching us, during our conversation, I realized the beautiful lady was Daniella,she welcome us at reception to make sure everyting has been arranged, they reserve and upgrade room 606 for us because it was our registration day. We really appreciate Gerard and Daniella. Ayada was a wonderful resort which has amazing view,delicious foods, warm service and so on. After several years we will back again, we wish to see Gerard and Daniella again. Thank you Ayada.

Room Tip: sunset ocean suite has a beautiful view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank yeting j
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My whole family had a very nice and cozy vacation in Ayada Maldives some weeks ago and it was really an unforgetable and worth-of-every-single-penny holiday we ever took. We arrived in Ayada in a pitch dark evening from China, though it was a little bumpy on the way from the airport to Magu Island by a speedboat ride provided by Ayada Hotel. As we came closer to the Island, the illuminated island became bigger and bigger, a brand new tropical hotel decorated in an exotic style appeared in front of us. Wow, it's magnificent! After 6 hour long flight plus some layover time, everyone was hungry that moment, as one can imagine. And I wasn't expecting that the hotel would have something for us to eat that late night. As we were all settled in, a buggy offered by the hotel was waiting in front of my room and then took all us to the dining place, a Turkish style Restaurant with a wide range of choice for different food from sea to land! You just so wanted to be stuffed with these mouthwatering stuff! Outside was so dark at night, so there was not much to see then. We just had to wash ourselves up and throw ourselves to bed. The very next morning, as we woke up earlier than usual, a beautiful scene presented in front of my eyes, the azure sky and vivid blue ocean really confuses our eyes to tell where the horizon is. It was unbelievably amazing for what we saw.

Following days, we explored the white sandy beaches, nice Magu Restaurant, Zero Degree Bars, awesome Ayspa, Recreation Center..., it has everything you need at Ayada, more than you can imagine! During our stay there, I also got to know, and later become a friend, the Resort Manager, Mr. Gerard Percheron, a French gentleman and his charming wife, Daniella, both of whom always try their best to provide the ace services to the guests and do their best to improve the quality of services as possible, by taking comments and advice from people, trying every effort to protect the guests from any harm by fallen coconuts from trees. There is story I must tell about this: at the tropical area, you know, there grow a lot of coconut trees and there might be a chance that a guy hit by one of these fruits. so Gerard hired a group of well trained gardeners from Bangladesh whose main job is to eliminate these dangers by picking down the coconuts. You won't believe your own eyes when you actually see how skillful and swift these guys are climbing tall trees with their bare hands and feet! In less than a minute, they are on the top of the trees! I tried that myself and could not move up, even an inch with my hands and feet on tree. How could they do that? They cleaned the trees and make sure that no one gets hurt by these juicy fruits, thanks to their wonderful work to ensure our safety.

Though the four day vacation for us is very short at Ayada, I will definitely remember every joyful moment we had and wonderful experiences we experienced with the people there and Ayada staff. Wish one day we would be back again to enjoy more!

With all my Best Wishes to Ayada and Staff there! Thank you for everything!

Yang Jianjun – from China

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jianjun y
Reviewed October 5, 2012

My family spent a very wonderful holiday in Ayada Maldives last month in the first week of September, 2012. I went with my husband and my daughter who is going to be 20 years old next January.

We decided this holiday trip in a hurry and did not have time to really go though every hotel detail and chose the best one. Ayada was recommended by the travel agent and after viewing Ayada's website, we were enchanted by the luxurious ocean view and settings of the hotel room and we chose Ayada at last.

After the booking and payment settlement, I read through the Tripadvisor review one night. I discovered that some of the comments of about Ayada were very bad and these comments really disappointed me. We were 'scared' by the bad comments and I regreted to have chosen Ayada without reading the Tripadvisor review!

I felt that I was 'cheated' by the travel agent. I tried to go to travel agent office and asked a lot of questions about Ayada and checked all the details. I tried to ring up Ayada and send e-mails to the enquiry contacts on their website. I tried to be harsh and ask the hotel directly about the 'bad' comments from Tripadivsor.

Luckily, we have got very good feedback and good service from the management of the hotel. They include Gerard Percheron (Resort Manager), Hatice Numanoglu (Sales Manager of Ayada Maldives Head Quarter in Trukey), Sanjit Gupta (Executive Pastry Chef) and Raidh Manik (Manager of Dolphin Base Centre).

Special thanks to Hatice, Sanjit and Raidh for their warm assistance and useful information to let us plan well before the trip.

However, we were still a bit worried before arriving at the hotel. We actually 'hope for the best, but prepared for the worst' for our holiday, when we were on the way to the hotel.

On arrival at the hotel at around 10 pm, we were already amazed by the beauty of the jetty at night. It was full moon that night and the night scenery was stunning! We were so happy when we got into the Beach Suite. The suite is very spacious and lovely! The suite is very well decorated and the furniture is luxurious. The private pool is big and the veranda is very nice. By then, we knew that we had chosen the right hotel.

The beach and ocean scenery are really very nice the next day, like the wall paper in our computer. We were very happy to spend the first two days with nice cuisine, dolphin watch boat trip and snorkeling. We were lucky to meet a large group of dolphins and the corals and fish were so beautiful during snorkeling!

We then moved to the Sunset Ocean Suite on the third day.

When we entered the Ocean Suite, we all held our breath to see the extremely big suite with very beautiful decorations! The scenery from the suite is really amazing! The whole suite and scenery look exactly like the pictures from the Ayada website! This is really our dream hotel in our dream paradise!

I immediately sent an e-mail to Hatice, Sanjit and Raidh to thank them and told them that we were very happy in the hotel then.

It was 1pm already and we decided to order room service dishes for lunch.

Then, the phone inside the room rang. We were wondering if we left something in the Beach Suite and I answered the phone. To our surprise, it was Sanjit who rang me up! He asked if we had had lunch already and if we needed any recommendation for lunch! After a while, Raidh rang up and asked if we needed any suggestion for boat trip.

Hearty thanks to Sanjit to make our stay in the hotel extremely enjoyable and happy! Sanjit always gave us surprises by treating us with very nice dessert! The dishes recommended by him for room service are really excellent! We enjoyed every dish : lobster, salmon, lamb chop, pasta, salad, bread and dessert very much! We really missed all the delicious dishes! We still talk about the lobster, bread and desserts we took in Ayada every now and then. We hope we would have the chance to take them again.

We hired a private boat trip and went snorkeling again the next day. The water is really crystal clear, the corals and fish are really very beautiful. We went snorkeling many times before in other places and this time was the best one. We could even see the fish and coral down at least 20 metres deep down below us! We visited one of the sand bank and it is very impressive and special.

On our last night in Ayada, we met Sanjit again in the dinning area and we told him that we would leave the next day and said goodbye to him.

The next day, we really wished that we could spend at least two more nights in Ayada to make our holiday a perfect one! We did not want to leave. Although we spent 4 nights in Ayada already, it was too short to let us enjoy everything in this dream paradise.

There are places you should visit inside the hotel : the recreation centre with American Pool and Soccer game machine, the hotel library, the Zero Degree pool side bar, the big sunset pool next to Zero Degree and etc. We all loved to stay and enjoy ourselves.

We would strongly recommend Ayada to our friends if they plan to visit Maldives. The bad comments from the Tripadvisor are not true.

We really had a very enjoyable dream holiday in Ayada and we would like to visit Ayada again.

Room Tip: Sunset Ocean Suite is much better than the rest
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank angelakwokok
Reviewed June 22, 2012

BACK AGAIN: I have decided to re-post the following review after taking it down in March. I originally posted the review in February, full of the recent happy memories of our 2 week holiday. I took it down when I heard by email from certain sources that the staff were being very poorly treated by Management. This upset me greatly and I removed my review as a sort of silent protest. But after much deliberation, I have decided to re-post exactly what I originally wrote and felt at the time. I feel it is only fair to judge the hotel on my personal experience and pray that any hidden problems have now been addressed! So read on and I hope this is helpful

Originally written in February 2012...
Six months ago, my girlfriend Irmi and I decided to plan the hot holiday of a lifetime and we chose the Maldives as our destination. Neither of us had ever been there: we only knew it by global reputation and by default of the fact we both adore the beach and everything to do with the ocean. We heard about Ayada through close friends and based upon their stories and recommendations, coupled with the resort's website, we made our decision to try it.

For those of you who want fast facts without any lengthy blurb, here they are:

Journey from Male to Ayada- easy and we were very well looked after.
Welcome on island- excellent: a lovely calming reception with cooled towels, drinks and charming staff.
Beach Villa- divine; it more than surpassed our wildest dreams.
Staff- the most charming and professional I have ever experienced on any holiday in 44 years.
Restaurants- romantic and beautifully located. Staff always prepared to go the extra mile to make you feel special.
Food- delicious with huge assortment. Pastries and deserts the best EVER (and which you can always burn off swimming or in the excellent gym…).
Beaches- immaculate and during much of the day, you will be the only one on them as many guests tend to prefer the privacy of their own villas.
Snorkelling- some of the best I have ever seen. We swum over the reef for over 2 miles on most days and often saw more than when diving.
Diving- superb with the best dive centre staff I have ever encountered (and I am an instructor myself and so quite picky).
Island in general- immaculate, clean, subtle, homely and romantic.
Overall opinion of Ayada- totally lives up to its 5-star rating and completely made by the superb staff.
Would I go back- ABSOLUTELY!

For those who want the lengthier story, read on…
Ayada is a one hour local plane ride plus a 50 minute speed boat ride from Male International airport. Length of layover in Male depends upon how lucky you get with the connecting internal flight: we only waited 45 minutes in their lovely private lounge! Many resorts are close enough to Male to only require either a direct speedboat ride or a short hop in a sea plane: but Ayada lies on the second most southerly atoll virtually ‘on’ the equator and thus needs the extra flight. It’s all part of the adventure.
Our welcome at Male was excellent; we never touched our luggage again once we had retrieved it from the arrival hall and cleared customs. The Rep was charming and helpful; even collected our boarding passes for the connecting flight.
The internal flight goes to Kaadedhdhoo airport near Ayada: met again by another charming rep who again took care of all our luggage and led us to the waiting speed boat. 50 minutes later, we arrived in paradise.
The island ‘meet & greet’ was warm, welcoming, professional and helpful. You don’t have to lift a finger. We were ferried from reception to our Beach Villa in a golf-cart where we were checked in by our Butler. Could not have been made to feel more welcome. Already the world had faded from our thoughts and we dropped into the 30-degree sea to wash away all traces of London and the journey.
The island is kept immaculately clean with the beaches and pathways swept every morning. Great care has been taken to preserve the natural fauna: during construction, over 500 trees were moved and re-planted to keep the island as naturally landscaped as possible. And considering it only opened last October, I was very impressed with how thoroughly they have completed the landscaping and how subtly they have blended all the buildings amongst the vegetation. The main pool area is magnificent and not to be ignored, despite your private pool. Hang around the main pool at dusk as the underwater fibre-optic lights come on and cycle through different colours whilst you sit and enjoy your cocktails and watch the sun drop into the ocean. And unlike most pools, for whatever reason, the pool water hardly affects your eyes at all. This became our favourite place to end each day before dinner.
Our Beach Villa was exquisite: we have never experienced anything like it before. We chose a Beach Villa for we actually prefer being in touch with nature, being surrounded by the lush jungle vegetation and being able to walk straight out onto what has got to be one of the loveliest beaches I have ever walked on. All villas have their own private pools, outdoor showers which are heavenly, huge beds, an abundance of delicious toiletries, air con, electric blinds, large TVs and all the creature comforts one would expect from a 5-star resort. Cannot fault the villa. I did get to see one of the water villas: they are utterly stunning and for those seeking the ultimate in privacy and who are not bothered by the absence of direct beach access, then these would certainly not disappoint. Bathing in a huge tub with views over the lagoon beneath you will call to some more than the smaller gardens at the back of the beach villas. Of course it might be a budgetary decision too!
Beyond the accommodation, what I felt made our holiday more special than anything was the resort staff. There is a deeply kind warmth amongst them that I found refreshingly gentle and welcoming. Nothing was ever too much trouble. And whilst they all looked after us so well, perhaps the most remarkable member of staff we met was the head Pastry Chef, Sanjit. He and the entire restaurant staff are a true inspiration on every human level. Every morning, Cathy would be there to welcome us to ‘Magu’ (the main restaurant that is part of the package): even before we had actually arrived at her desk, we could see that she had spotted our approach and was already looking to find us the best table available. And all the waiters and chefs were always incredibly smiley, big-hearted and always going beyond the expected to surprise and make one's meal that little bit extra special. The icing on the cake (pun clearly ‘intended’) was Sanjit’s deserts: if we had not been so into our swimming every day, we would definitely have left the island heavier than when we arrived. Resistance was useless: once you have sampled the desert buffet, life seems to pause in sweet heaven. And don’t be afraid to take a muffin or three back to your villa for tea beside your pool!
We had dinner at both the other two main restaurants to allow a comparison to be made amongst all three eateries. The ‘Ocean Breeze’ restaurant sits over the water and we found this to be the most romantic dinner of our stay. You sit eating under the stars looking out over the ‘villas’ lagoon with a gentle breeze to cool you as you eat. There was no difference in quality of service between any of the restaurants; we were always looked after immaculately. Of course the key difference is that Magu is a buffet whereas the other two are full-service. Dinner at the Asian restaurant was also very romantic, just not over the water. It sits just off the beach in a totally quiet garden setting with all the tables perched on a glass floor over shallow pools. If you like exquisite spicy Asian food, this is the place for you. We could not fault our ‘eating’ experiences; the breakfasts every day were fit for kings & queens and dinner every night was just one treat after another. Thank you so much to all who looked after us so well.
My single greatest passion is diving and we found ourselves regular visitors to the ‘Dolphin Base’ dive centre. The staff are utterly amazing: very un-hurried and professional. I worked as an instructor in Australia in 1991 and have dived many places since and never have I met such a charming team who so genuinely want to help and make your time with them special. It never seemed to be about the money as can often be the case. Due to Ayada being the only active resort in this part of the Gaafu Dhaalu atoll, the diving is pristine and unspoilt. At certain times of the year, you will find manta rays and whale sharks. The turtles don’t flee at the sight of a human, for they have not been molested by idiots believing them to be ‘fish’! One of them even swum around in circles with our instructor, a beautiful encounter. And the coral gardens we were shown were breath-taking. How easy it would be to go back to my passion as a diving instructor! Overall, I cannot fault the dive operation and am just so grateful to the entire team for all they did to make things so special for us. And should you want to learn to dive, why not do the pool and classroom work near your home and then complete the course at Ayada? Or would you prefer the dark gloom of your local reservoir???
My overall opinion of Ayada is one of deep contentment and treasured memories. We have never enjoyed a holiday like it and will for ever remember those two weeks as two of the happiest we have ever spent anywhere. The beaches are perfect: the snorkelling is colourful and ‘alive’; the diving was breath-taking, literally; the accommodation is sumptuous and more than fulfilled every expectation we had including a few we didn’t even know we had; the food tantalised every taste bud; and of course the staff are in a league of their own. On our last night, we returned to our villa after our last dinner, feeling slightly sad, to find the most stunning arrangement of flower petals on our bed in the shape of a heart, candles burning and a warm bubble bath awaiting. It literally brought tears of happiness and gratitude to my eyes.
I have read the other reports on Trip Advisor and to keep it real, let me share some constructive feedback of my own. I sympathise with those who might have fallen foul of the resort’s early teething problems: the water shortage over New Year; some people experiencing a shortage of fruit and complaining about the food. There is one small undeveloped part of the island where we did see left-over building materials still lying around: it was not obvious and did not bother us. No doubt this last bit of the island will be fully landscaped and completed before too long. And there is some notable beach erosion in front of a few villas on the west side of the island that will need attention in the near future.
I feel that if you choose to visit a new resort close to its opening, you perhaps take a small gamble. You might argue that for what one pays, they should have tested everything before opening. Anything made by man is fallible and particularly so when it is all brand new. As long as one learns from one’s mistakes and invests to overcome weaknesses, then the world moves forwards. I actually met the chief engineer: a charming and enthusiastic man with every intent to improve the engineering plant and ensure things only get better. And like many things in life, I guess the higher one sets one’s expectations, the easier it is to be disappointed. Go with an open heart & mind and it is far easier to be pleasantly surprised.
Do I reckon Ayada is a safe bet? Absolutely! The most tried and tested of resorts will have problems from time-to-time and teething problems are just that. But with every day, bolts are being further tightened and procedures streamlined. We really could not fault our entire experience and would happily recommend Ayada. Why not go and see for yourselves? Have fun!

Room Tip: Avoid the 'Garden Villas' which have no easy access or view of the sea! Ask for a villa half way around the island, away from the restaurants & boat dock to guarantee peace & privacy.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
13  Thank Mark D
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Summary at bottom...

We went as a couple from Hong Kong on Feb 18 - 22, 2012.
This was our first trip to the Maldives, so I must say my expectations were high.

We settled for a booking with the newly opened Ayada as the travel agency was offering a special 4+1 nights deal.

Travel:
This was a huge downside. You should already be aware that this island is a bit out of the way. It doesn't sound so bad when you're told that you need to take a 1 hour domestic flight and a 45 minute speed boat to get to the island. But when you factor in the waiting periods and any delays that may occur, this is easily a 4-6 hour journey. We had a 1 hour delay at the airport in Male on the way to Ayada (not the resort's fault obviously), and when leaving, the itinerary required us to wait more than 2 hours at the airport to return to Male. Ayada could probably let the guests leave their resort a little later to cut down the waiting time. ALSO, I read some reviews where people were saying 'yacht'. Unless they used a different transport that day, this is NOT a yacht. It is a speedboat with covered seating, and it is bumpy, loud and long ride. It was raining when we went so it was probably okay that it took longer than 45 min to get there.

Service:
Overall pretty decent I would say. Most of the staff are very friendly and helpful. We seemed to notice that all the Maldivian and Turkish staff are the best. Great thanks to our room-boy who kept everything fresh/tidy and always there if we needed anything. The dive staff are also very friendly as most people have said. There is a Turkish bar/restaurant and the host there is glowing example of what resort service should be. Also the Maldivian in charge of the Cheese Island in the evenings was an excellent host. We have 2 complaints. 1) First on arrival we were greeted and taken to our Villa by a Korean. He didn't look like he wanted to be there and hardly said a word to us besides telling us where certain important buildings are. The map he provided us was in Chinese as he assumed that we couldn't read English I suppose. He never even offered to bring us an English version when he found out that we can't read the Chinese too well. 2) There was bald man of Filipino or East Asian decent, named Roy who was very rude and condescending. He took our orders at the pool bar without eye-contact, saying a single word, or acknowledging our order. Upon serving our order he just sloppily plunked down our food and drinks and walked away. We were obviously disturbing his afternoon nap as we were the only people there.

Accommodations:
Awesome! Best part of the trip is your Villa. We stayed in Villa 113 I think... Anyways somewhere between 112-116. It is closer to the docks, which means its impeding your view by a tiny fraction, but it also means you are closer to breakfast/lunch/dinner. Those people on the opposite side of the island need to walk 15-20 minutes to each meal at the main restaurant. I much preferred to live closer to my meals and then taking walks to the opposite side of the island. Nothing else to say, everything was pretty perfect. Don't need to complain about them not restocking the Nespresso coffee, I could just make a phone call and have more brought for free.

Food/Entertainment:
Food is not bad, could be better. The standard was pretty decent but overall eating the same food for 5 days got a little tiring. I think they probably could have served more fresh seafood us being on a secluded island. We paid for lunch at the pool restaurant for 2 days, the lobster there was amazing. So if you want to pay you can probably get some really good food.

We only did snorkeling and swimming. The reef was okay i suppose. We took a private reef tour which was excellent. The instructor was that Emram fellow some people are talking about. Fun host, took us to the island drop-off and we saw some stingrays and a couple sharks. I expected to see more rays and sharks swimming close to the beach, but there wasn't any of that.

Summary:
1) Far Far Away - Too far away to ever return
2) Service - Pretty good, the occasional rude/incompetent staff may ruin the moment
3) Accommodation - Excellent and good value
4) Food - Decent, but lacks variation
5) Snorkeling - Not bad, but below expectations

Tips:

Room Tip: Tips: 1) Pay the USD 10 per day to rent a bicycle, they should provide these for free I would think, but they are worth the money. 2) Stay closer to the pier for easy food access, farther away for slightly better beach/view
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple