2,217 results
All reviewsocean villaour honeymoonfishspeed boatmale airportspecial thanksbreakfast and dinnerdomestic flightgolf cartlong tripbeautiful islandtake careamazing holidayprivate poollambsunset beachhalf board package
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Summary at bottom...

We went as a couple from Hong Kong on Feb 18 - 22, 2012.
This was our first trip to the Maldives, so I must say my expectations were high.

We settled for a booking with the newly opened Ayada as the travel agency was offering a special 4+1 nights deal.

Travel:
This was a huge downside. You should already be aware that this island is a bit out of the way. It doesn't sound so bad when you're told that you need to take a 1 hour domestic flight and a 45 minute speed boat to get to the island. But when you factor in the waiting periods and any delays that may occur, this is easily a 4-6 hour journey. We had a 1 hour delay at the airport in Male on the way to Ayada (not the resort's fault obviously), and when leaving, the itinerary required us to wait more than 2 hours at the airport to return to Male. Ayada could probably let the guests leave their resort a little later to cut down the waiting time. ALSO, I read some reviews where people were saying 'yacht'. Unless they used a different transport that day, this is NOT a yacht. It is a speedboat with covered seating, and it is bumpy, loud and long ride. It was raining when we went so it was probably okay that it took longer than 45 min to get there.

Service:
Overall pretty decent I would say. Most of the staff are very friendly and helpful. We seemed to notice that all the Maldivian and Turkish staff are the best. Great thanks to our room-boy who kept everything fresh/tidy and always there if we needed anything. The dive staff are also very friendly as most people have said. There is a Turkish bar/restaurant and the host there is glowing example of what resort service should be. Also the Maldivian in charge of the Cheese Island in the evenings was an excellent host. We have 2 complaints. 1) First on arrival we were greeted and taken to our Villa by a Korean. He didn't look like he wanted to be there and hardly said a word to us besides telling us where certain important buildings are. The map he provided us was in Chinese as he assumed that we couldn't read English I suppose. He never even offered to bring us an English version when he found out that we can't read the Chinese too well. 2) There was bald man of Filipino or East Asian decent, named Roy who was very rude and condescending. He took our orders at the pool bar without eye-contact, saying a single word, or acknowledging our order. Upon serving our order he just sloppily plunked down our food and drinks and walked away. We were obviously disturbing his afternoon nap as we were the only people there.

Accommodations:
Awesome! Best part of the trip is your Villa. We stayed in Villa 113 I think... Anyways somewhere between 112-116. It is closer to the docks, which means its impeding your view by a tiny fraction, but it also means you are closer to breakfast/lunch/dinner. Those people on the opposite side of the island need to walk 15-20 minutes to each meal at the main restaurant. I much preferred to live closer to my meals and then taking walks to the opposite side of the island. Nothing else to say, everything was pretty perfect. Don't need to complain about them not restocking the Nespresso coffee, I could just make a phone call and have more brought for free.

Food/Entertainment:
Food is not bad, could be better. The standard was pretty decent but overall eating the same food for 5 days got a little tiring. I think they probably could have served more fresh seafood us being on a secluded island. We paid for lunch at the pool restaurant for 2 days, the lobster there was amazing. So if you want to pay you can probably get some really good food.

We only did snorkeling and swimming. The reef was okay i suppose. We took a private reef tour which was excellent. The instructor was that Emram fellow some people are talking about. Fun host, took us to the island drop-off and we saw some stingrays and a couple sharks. I expected to see more rays and sharks swimming close to the beach, but there wasn't any of that.

Summary:
1) Far Far Away - Too far away to ever return
2) Service - Pretty good, the occasional rude/incompetent staff may ruin the moment
3) Accommodation - Excellent and good value
4) Food - Decent, but lacks variation
5) Snorkeling - Not bad, but below expectations

Tips:

Room Tip: Tips: 1) Pay the USD 10 per day to rent a bicycle, they should provide these for free I would think, but they are worth the money. 2) Stay closer to the pier for easy food access, farther away for slightly better beach/view
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank superwang
Reviewed May 30, 2012

It was unbelievable trip (my 10th wedding anniversary ) , I will never forget this one. To reach the resort is an adventure by all means (internal flight then Yacht ) and the island is like paradise and very beautiful . I stayed on ocien villa ( very nice view of Ocien and small island ) it's like a photo taken by spiciliest and never see such view like this. The staff at this resort is always at your service ( may best regards to Fatma and Fatma ) they would like to help you and assist you all the time. Finally , am planning to visit this resort again with my wife and kids since they have a big playing area and baby sitter .

Room Tip: Ocien Villa
3  Thank Alqaseer
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Island:
The inside of the island is beautiful. Special in this Island is that they have a green grass around the wedding house with open daylight.

Outside the Island, especially the beach is not so clean. The sand is mixed with stone, corrals and many other things. One part of the island will used as a waste depot. We said this to a staff and few days later the place was covered. Maldives is famous for beach, sand and sea and here should be everything perfect but the beach isn’t. but the potential is there.

Restaurants:
Ocean Breeze: In the first three days we had our dinner in this Restaurant instead in Magu Restaurant (Main Restaurant). The resort had not a lot of guest in these days therefore we could dine a la cart. The dinner and the services are well. A warm thank you to the head cook Mr. Cem Cici and the other staff Mr. Hamza.

Kai Restaurant: This is an Asian restaurant. The food and the services are also well. Many thanks to waiter Mr. January.

Magu Restaurant: This is the main restaurant. Breakfast and dinner will serve in this Restaurant. In the first few days the variety of breakfast offer was not huge but after some new guests the variety was much better. We could dine always very well. Especially the dessert of Mr. Sanjit Gupta was always delicious and very creative decorated. We had every evening a special selected dessert. The 7 Layer chocolate or flawless and cheesecake was delicious, we can say one of the best dessert that we ate ever. Here also a very warm thank you to the other staff (lovely and sweet Mrs. Catherine and Gamze, Chocolate heart Mr. Amalad Hussein, Smiley boy Mr. Rezal, Mr. Gökhan. Mr, Hasan => Poolbar)
The Island is in middle of the see and unfortunately the fish offer was not very huge. The selection and alternation was good. The Turkish cuisine is very famous and rich but it would be better to organize a special evening in the week instead of almost every day.

Accommodation:
We spent our time in a Water Villa. The accommodation is very modern furnished and with a good quality. We had sometime trouble with the light control. During sleep process the lights switched on automatically. The control system is too unstable.

SPA:
We enjoyed our 80 min treatment in the spa oasis. The massage table was very special and professional because the massage tables were in each direction adjustable. The staff is also very friendly and professional. The price is higher than in other resorts. They have special packages but still than is too high.

Summary:
Due the brochure the resort is marked with 5 Star. The resort has a big potential to earn the 5 Stars or higher but the management has to make a lot more.
I don’t know if this is correct that the management und some selected staff eat every morning and evening in the same restaurant like the guest. I have never seen that before in other resorts. The adaption and service was very warm, thank you again for everything.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Selcuk T
Reviewed May 13, 2012

As a family of 5 with 3 young children 7 and under we have travelled to the Maldives 7 times previously, so we knew what we were expecting, but nothing prepared us for the type of holiday that was endowed upon us at Ayada.

When we stepped off from the speedboat and out onto the jetty, as well as trying to take in the natural breath taking scenery and coral garden beneath our feet, we were given a welcome from the management that blew me away. I kept on looking behind me to see whether they were really addressing my family and I, but everyone was receiving a similar Royal welcome.

After such a long journey, the Reception area was like finding a beautiful Oasis in a desert, the design is welcoming, cool and calming, and with beautiful touches everywhere your eyes could wander, without being pretentious and cluttered.

We were taken by Golf buggy by Ramesha & Celine (our guardian angels for this trip) to our villa. In anticipation of our needs, they had configured the room differently to accommodate the children’s sleeping arrangements.

The villa was truly beautiful and spacious, they had even built a beautiful wooden railing in order to child proof the pool, which was a relief knowing that they had thought of everything. Before leaving, they made sure there was nothing else we required made sure we knew we could call them for anything and then left us to enjoy our first day. We spent most of it in our villa as there was so much to enjoy in your own private space.

We had 3 glorious weeks on this island with our every whim being catered for, the scenery was phenomenal and the food was fantastic, with lots of choice. We chose to spend our 3 weeks in 3 different villas to really experience the holiday; each of the villas was equipped up to the eyeballs with state of the art audio visual, visually stunning features, large beds, huge pillows like clouds, waterfall outside showers. Each villa had its own pool which is unusual in the Maldives,and in the beaches over the water they had double sized hammocks that hung over the turquoise sea beneath you, we had a family sized swing in one of our villas.

You could often see Eagle Rays gliding beneath you, and as you step off from your villa into the sea you would be blessed with scattered coral gardens heaving with colourful fish waiting for you. The fish that live in these waters are amazing. As I enjoyed a treatment in the spa one afternoon my husband saw a school of dolphins, there were hundreds of them and so close to the reef.

What really made this holiday for us was the staff, there was not one person on the island that didn’t contribute to making our stay the most pleasurable experience EVER! The ladies from the neighbouring island worked tirelessly to sweep pathways and clear leaves, so you were always walking on soft sand, they were always smiling and waved at our children as we went by. The boys in blue were also lovely, they primped and preened the island so you rarely saw a leaf out of place.

The Kitchen staff, who I can hail as Hero's who managed to create things every day that my children wanted to eat. The Servers and Dining Hosts would perform small miracles each day to keep our kids entertained at mealtimes by making them intricate Origami gifts in advance for them to play with, helping them choose their meals and often help feeding them as well and before we even knew that we wanted to have a quiet coffee on our own, the servers would whisk the kids away and play with them.

This is the best Kids club you are going to find in the Maldives, it is picturesque and obviously designed by a parent, it has all the modern games consoles and games you could require, air conditioned bright rooms, a full daily list of activities, and adventure playground, a kids pool with mini loungers, a dedicated Nanny room for napping children, they have a nice open spaced area for entertaining / outdoor games and also a large selection of children’s character bikes for both girls and boys and the toilets are shaped like little frogs( sooooo cute). Anita and Kritee are the prettiest and most dedicated Nannies you could ever wish for who did everything to make our children happy, our children loved going to kids club as often as they could and they made some wonderful friends.

The Spa, pure heaven, and so very beautifully designed and spacious in order to make you feel relaxed well before your treatment starts. A great thing about this Spa is that you could use the steam room, sauna, hot and cold plunge pools and outdoor relaxation area without having a treatment which is rare in the Maldives. The treatments offered were fantastic and the staff were skilled and very respectful.

Our room boys could make a 3 excited kids messy villa look brand new from the time we left for breakfast to the time we returned, and their skills with bed dressing and origami towels and bedding is extraordinary.

The restaurants Kai and Ocean Breeze are works of art, the food in Kai is some of the best we have ever tasted in the world and the views from Ocean Breeze are out of this world, the Cheese and Wine Island, we thought, was a bit of a strange thing to place in the Maldives, but it truly makes sense, with such a fantastic selection of Wines, cheeses and cigars, it's perfect for couples, so serene and the sunset views from this point are terrific.

The Pool bar is where we spent many an afternoon, sipping on cocktails created by their award winning mixologist Yogo, he is a font of knowledge in drinks and you do need to stray from the list of cocktails to see his true talents. The infinity pool is beautiful and at night it lights up and changes colour complimenting the sunset. Our children learnt how to swim confidently in this pool.

We renewed our wedding vows in Ayada and we did this on the veranda of our villa, it was quite magical, however they have this beautiful wedding chapel and we were lucky enough to see a couple marry here, it is such a beautiful location with a sweeping coiffed lawn and elegant garden furnishings for guests.

Although we felt we wouldn’t use it my husband and I did occasionally visit the fitness centre which has everything needed for a full workout, very well equipped with the same make of machines I enjoy at my David Lloyd club.

The Dive centre and staff were wonderful, the house reef is beautiful and you should really dive it if you go, it’s free to borrow snorkelling gear for the duration of your holiday so snorkel, it’s so pretty. We went on a few snorkelling trips on our visit via a motorboat and the reefs they took us to were truly amazing, my son was very excited as he finally found Nemo (lots of them). The guides were very conscientious of everyone’s swimming abilities and needs, nothing was rushed.

ONE OF THE BEST EXPERIENCES for me being an established baker was to meet the man behind the pastry creations, his name is SANJIT and not only did he invite me into his kitchen to look around he also gave me 2 private lessons with his staff, one in pulled sugar creations which was amazing and the second in his incredible madeleine’s, I learnt so very much in the short time that I was with him, he has helped me develop new methods in baking.

As a family holiday this was the best experience ever, we couldn’t have asked for anything more and if we could have thought of something they would have done it. We were always looked after, they pre-empted all our needs, the staff were just brilliant, the villas were stunning and comfortable, the island was gorgeous, more than you could ever expect from the Maldives.

We don’t make a habit of visiting the same island twice, we’ve done it before in Kurumba for the closeness to a hospital because we have small children, however Ayada is Paradise and we will be heading back there for Christmas 2012 and we can’t wait!

Room Tip: If you can stay long enough, try them all out, they are all very different and give you a completely different holiday experience!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Symone T
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Ayada maldives is a beautiful island. The sea around is turquoise blue. Everything you dream of when you think Maldives.

The restaurant chefs were nice and very chatty. The service at the main restaurant was good. Probably the best on the island.

Food at Magu wasn't too bad. Had lots of Chinese-themed dishes, but could work on the warm food.

My only complaint was the coral enviornment. I actually swim a bit and took some time to snorkel around my villa. Coral wasn't pretty or colorful. Not much fish. I dived once in Vietnam and thought more fish and reef life there than at Ayada. Staff say it's because construction damaged reef around island.

They say it will take several years before reef grows back.

One more thing. take too long to get to island. One hour flight from Male. Then another 1 hour boat drive to island. Was very tired.

They could improve the bar too. Improve the music. Don't play 10 year old music but more modern dance songs. Wish bar was livelier and had more people.

2  Thank LXX72