“Great place to visit and spend some time.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Walters Falls
The Falls Inn & Spa
Reviewed November 23, 2010

My wife and I were there for our 49th wedding anniversary and plan to return for our 50th God willing.The staff was great and the food delicious.We were on a package deal which we felt was more than reasonable.We definitely will return.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 15, 2010

Everyone at the Falls Inn was most pleasant during our two night stay but sadly for an inn which is less than half a dozen years old the Falls Inn is severely down at the heals. Its appearance and poor maintenance would lead you to believe that the inn is easily several times that age and badly in need of renovation. I won’t criticize the inn in too much detail beyond saying that in my opinion a long list of poorly made design and infrastructure decisions were made which have contributed to its being a very disappointing member of ‘Ontario’s Finest Hotels Inns and Spas’ and one which will make us reticent to put any credence in that designation in future.

In fairness the food was of surprisingly good quality with excellent presentation but served ineptly, albeit with a pleasant ineptitude, in a characterless dining room that could have been ripped from the rooms of a fifty year old banquet facility. Sad really given the scenic potential of the Inn’s excellent location next to Walter’s Falls. In short it was not to our taste and given the relatively high room rates we felt badly let down.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Mickeysays
fallsinnwf, Owner at The Falls Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2010

Hi Mickey says and thank you for taking the time to review.

One thing we have always tried to do as we market and advertise the Inn is accept who we are, and what we are not. The Ontario's Finest group is made up of many wonderful locations that range from 3.5 stars (where we fit into the group) to 4+ stars. You should be able to use room rate to determine what range you are booking into, or Expedia and others display a rating. For instance, I have stayed in 2 hotels myself (not Ontario's Finest) this month for a conference training and travel. In both cases I could not get into a room for under $250 a night. Cold breakfast included. Compared to our base rate of $150 per night, $180 on weekends with hot breakfast for two. The question of value comes from what do I expect for this price?

So what did my $250 a night get me recently? Well, the bathrooms had stained yellow tubs, chipped fixtures, discolored grout, stained carpet, ripped wallpaper, heavy rust on the fire alarm box and balcony railing. I truly feelt I was just another guest passing through their property. As I walk our property after reading your review I do not see any of these issues. Most places create a room rate on the fly determined by demand resulting in my overpriced stays, we set a value on what we offer and take that price regardless of how busy we are. Are we missing an opportunity to make money? I like to think we are keeping a fair rate on what we offer. But as we host allot of parties it does not make sense for us to offer crystal glassware or granite counters in the guestrooms as building 4+ star rooms would affect our ability to keep our banquet rates affordable. So again, accepting what we are and offering that at a fair rate is what we come back to.

After reading your comments and looking at information provided by Trip advisor I am not sure when you stayed with us, what room you were in or what servers were working that night. Your comments do not seem familiar, so I am not sure I or Meg talked with you during check-out about the issues with your stay - we generally check-out our guests to be sure we get this kind of feedback first hand.

As I built the building with my father (and other help) we do generally do the maintenance ourselves. And it is fair to say that every property has it highs and lows in the natural course of the season. Normal re-touch cycles are January and July or at the end and start of party season. So it looks like you may have stayed late in the cycle? However, glaring issues are dealt with as we go. For instance we touch up drywall marks monthly, though in some cases the patching mud is visible for a day while drying before we can paint over it, that sort of thing. But that is a sign of ongoing maintenance. The one issue we have is the cement stairs to the entrance of the property. We have cut out, repaired and resurfaced the front stairs twice in five years to correct an issue with bad cement during initial building. I am frustrated to say, they are still not holding up. It is an issue we are continuing to work at. As for the comments on the dining room decor, as we built with hardwood from our sawmill, we modeled the lounge after the library in my grandfather's house and researched period woodwork for the dining room. We settled on 1800 English country estate woodwork for this room, cut, stained, installed and finished with our own hands as would be done in that time. You are correct, it could be lifted from a similar old-style hall. We feel it is an appropriate centerpiece for the property and we are always interested in hearing what others think.

It is truly important to us that we give every guest the value they expect from the money they spend with us. I invite you to email me directly with the specific concerns you had about your stay so we can have an opportunity to correct them, for you and future guests. This will also help us get ready for our Ontario's Finest inspection. A 12 page report by a secret shopper every 18 months. We volunteer for this scrutiny to ensure we catch every detail and keep the property up to standard and I am ready to spend the winter meeting that expectation.

Best regards,
Dwayne Hallman
Innkeeper, The Falls Inn and Spa

Reviewed November 2, 2010

My husband and I were able to have our wedding at the Fall's Inn on Jan 10, 2009. I can't say enough about the Inn and all of it's staff. The entire team at the Fall's Inn looked after every detail the day before and the day of our wedding. We felt at home because we were so well cared for.

Meg (Innkeeper) was fabulous! She helped us plan every little detail of our wedding and also made sure that everything was just right on our special day.

Our compliments to the chef! The superb meal that my guests and I were able to enjoy was just perfect. In fact, we still hear compliments about the meal to this day.

The staff were all amazing. They were all extremely helpful and made sure that everything was going just as we wanted it.

We love this place so much that we went back for our 1st wedding Anniversary and we plan on returning for our second as well. Each and every time we go to the Fall's Inn we are treated like family. It is a wonderful place that I think everyone should be able to experience for themselves.

Thanks again!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2010

My husband and I live in the same county and we frequently drive over for Sunday brunch. The food and service have been consistently fine, and the inn's patio has an outstanding view of the Grey County countryside.

I like the Falls Inn so much that I've stayed there several times...just because. The rooms are exceptionally nice (my only complaint is that the bathrooms' lighting is too dim), and the small balconies are perfect for a morning cup of coffee and and that beautiful view. In response to the negative review below, I can only say that my experience is the opposite.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
fallsinnwf, Manager at The Falls Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2010

Thank you for the wonderful review! I can understand your comments about the light in the bathrooms. We use CFB energy saving bulbs to help reduce our impact on the great view you mentioned. The vanity style CF bulb is new and does not have the "instant on" we are now used to with mini CFBs. So you do need to flip on the light and wait a moment until full bright happens. We also keep lighted makeup mirrors in the bathrooms to give that little extra for fine detail. But we are wathching the market. When a better bathroom CFB arrives we will be all over it! Thanks again. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 16, 2010

My company held their August conference at The Falls Inn...a wonderful spot. The Falls Inn is a terrific cross between an Inn and the feel of a Bed and Breakfast. I truly felt like we started as strangers and left as friends . It was amazing how they worked around our group and the other guests. I was asked on several occasions, “Are we the only guests?” We weren't and it just proved how successful they were in giving everyone individual attention/treatment. We have stayed at many Ontario Inns and Hotels and I have to say that the service is second to none. I quickly learned that I could leave the details to the Hallmans. Being the planner, I worried about the meeting and wanted to make sure that the meeting was a success. With their help, it truly was. We had great meetings in those wonderful executive chairs, had a lot of fun and laughs in the hospitality suite, the rooms were very comfortable, the sight and sound of the falls at night - very relaxing, and the food was awesome. The special added touches at our President’s dinner were all noted and appreciated and the service provided by their wait staff at that dinner was excellent; they were conscious of the fact that the President was to be served first and they handled that and our group so very well and they fit right in. The Hallman's love for their Inn shows in everything that they do. They care, and that is very important in this day of business. Thank you very much! I would highly recommend the The Falls Inn, Walter's Falls to anyone...business or pleasure. Did I mention the Falls at night....ahhhhh.....

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 22, 2010

In June 2010 my friends and I stayed at The Falls Inn for a bachelorette party. We booked the VIP PJ Party, and it was a great package. The package includes various things like a credit for dinner, breakfast, a platter of snacks, and manicures!

Firstly, the hotel staff are incredible. Each one was very kind, and helpful. For example, we were late arriving for our manicures, but they still were able to accomodate all of us. What was great was everyone took the time to get to know us (and even help us take pictures!)

One of the true hidden qualities about this hotel is the food. Our dinner and breakfast were second to none. Many of us count ourselves as "foodies" and we were all very satisfied. I had the glazed chicken, as well as the seasonal asparagus appetizer. Both were very well prepared and presented, and were delicious! Most of the other girls in our group had the "catch of the day" (which was salmon) and all of them remarked on how good it was. We sent out compliments to the Chef, and in the end we were even able to convince him to join our group for a fun picture! The breakfast the next morning was just as delicious, with a great variety of dishes to choose from.

The rooms themselves are very well decorated, complete with comfortable beds, balcony, and newly furnished bathrooms. Our room also had a hair dryer. One of our rooms was at the end of the hall, and it was very spacious. The windows also open to allow you to hear the calming sound of the Falls. Very relaxing.

The location is also very relaxing. If you're not used to driving in the "country" this place may be more challenging to find, but once you're there it's worth the drive. With the Falls behind the Inn, as well as nearby trails, this is a great getaway for those who like to enjoy the outdoors, but also have the pampering of a top notch hotel.

I wish I could say more, but I fear I'd be repeating myself! Overall, this is a fantastic hotel, with a great, attentive staff behind it. It's a rare find nowadays, and it's a very welcome one. I will be recommending this place to many friends and family, and would advise anyone considering to book a room here to just go for it!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 27, 2010

We have stayed at the Falls Inn on four separate occasions and staying in a variety of different rooms. We were originally introduced by friends, and have kept coming back! We have been tremendously impressed with all aspects of the Inn each and every time. Management and staff was always friendly, accommodating, professional and down-to-earth and practical all at the same time, even on those occasions when we stayed with all four of our children. We have since recommended the Falls Inn to many friends and family coming to the area, many of whom have followed our recommendation. Never have we heard anything but the highest compliments!

The sound of the falls all night long is very relaxing and helpful for a good night's rest. The trail going right by the inn is a fantastic way to start the day, and the sights, sounds and smells will definitely wake you up and give you an inspiring start to your morning. However, the real highlight of this place is the cheerful and helpful attitude of the management and staff.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
The Highland Manor
The Highland Manor
#1 of 5 in Owen Sound
Inn at Cobble Beach Resort and Spa

Been to The Falls Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!