The Falls Inn & Spa
The Key Motel(Chatsworth)
$77
  • Pool
Meaford Motel & Restaurant(Meaford)(Great Value!)
$69
Owen Sound Inn(Owen Sound)(Great Value!)
$45
$80
Diamond Motor Inn(Owen Sound)
$53
$54
$42
$73
$79
Travelocity
$131
Hotels.com
Knights Inn Owen Sound(Owen Sound)(Great Value!)
$65
All reviewsbruce trailsconestravelzoo voucherpatio overlookingfrench toastyogurtgrey countysmall balconyowen soundheated floorswonderful spotgetaway packageintimate weddinglovely weekendhiking trailsrooms are largesoaker tub
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Thanks the promotion in Travelzoo so we could afford a 2 nights vacation package. We went there last month, everything were better than our expectation. The room is spacious, clean and with excellent view. The food is presentable & delicous. I especially love the breakfast biscuit and yogurt. The services are 5 stars as well. Fast professional check in & out. We walked around that Bruce trail just very close to the inn. Then next day we went to Tobermory & Bruce Peninsula, enjoyed more hiking and breathtaking views. I shared a few photos here. Overall a happy & relax trip!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chibaba
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We’ve made a one night weekend trip to this hotel and it’s been a great experience. Large room (and bathroom), nice surroundings, good restaurant/pub, and excellent service.
A couple of details that might help:
- Cell signal in the area was a little spotty for me (Bell Mobility), a car GPS is definitely worth having in the area.
- The restaurant is rather small (sort of expected), on bad weather make reservations quickly (probably more seating on the outside patio).
- Great view (and waterfall sound) on the patio but from 2 PM to even 8 PM the sun can be brutal in July (and umbrellas might help more the people seating at other tables) –bring sunglasses and better a larger hat.
- I couldn’t set the TV to not have the descriptive video on, but it could have been me.
- The Sunday brunch is excellent and not expensive (less than CAD 13 if I’m not mistaken), gratuities automatically added on the bill and the coffee/tea must be paid extra (overall it’s worth it, much better than expected for such a small venue).
- Bathroom light bulbs are incandescent - if it starts quite dark have a little patience.
- When using the recent Travelzoo vouchers, the included breakfast was one of only two (non-buffet) options (I forgot which ones, one might be a fruit platter and the other one French toast and…), and only at 9 AM; additional charges for the buffet brunch around CAD 6.50 per person (plus taxes etc.)
Overall very good.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Calin N
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I found out about the Falls Inn through TravelZoo and purchased a package for a one night stay that included dinner & breakfast for two and a $50 spa voucher. We had a leisurely drive to Walter's Falls in mid-May and checked in late in the afternoon. As promised, we had a spacious room overlooking the falls. The room was very clean, comfortable and the view from our balcony was spectacular. I would love to return in the fall, I'm sure the view would be simply breathtaking. Dinner was very good and although our selection was limited due to the package deal, the food was excellent as was the service. We took a walk after dinner and had a great night's sleep. Breakfast was very good and we watched a Kingfisher flying up and down the ravine while we were eating. I inquired about local garden nurseries at the front desk and the clerk went to the trouble to print out a list of all garden centres between Walters Falls and Guelph for our drive home. I would recommend the Inn and would certainly go again. Next time I would stay two nights and take time to explore the area more.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the falls. When you were out on the balcony it was loud (but nice) but once inside the room you could not hear a sound.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jane_BOntario
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Just back from a two-night stay at the Falls Inn, and were quite impressed. Unlike other properties near a great natural feature, where crowds jostle for a table for a view, we could easily enjoy the falls from our balcony and the outdoor patio where we'd enjoy a meal. The room was nicer than expected (I'm not sure what I didn't appreciate from the photos I saw beforehand) and the food was creative but not offputting. I highly recommend the lamb shank for supper and, for lunch, splitting with your partner the mac & cheese (brie with mushrooms and bacon) and an order of salad. Yum.

We hiked the nearby Bognor Marsh the day we arrived, where they have a variety of trails to choose. We did the boardwalk/main trail/escarpment trail, which required 2.5 hours with stops. Bring your waterproof boots. The second day we did the loop around Walters Falls, just an hour but very pretty. The next time we'd look for a way to extend the hike. This time we added a walk around the village instead, which was wonderfully peaceful, followed by a stop at the ice cream shop beside the inn.

The spa was a delight. Mia provides an outstanding foot massage. Best ever!

There's no issue hearing the falls at night if you close the door, but the AC was loud and the room got a little stifling when we turned it off for the night. The second morning we woke up, looked at the ceiling fan and did a slap to the forehead. Sheesh! We had been too relaxed to fuss, but the answer had been so simple.

Customer service was warm and genuine. When we had a blip in our dinner order the first night (stuff happens...) the response was quick and more than satisfactory. It didn't leave us worried about the rest of our stay, but rather looking forward to returning the next day.

Following advice from Jane at the front desk, we stopped at Williamsford on our way home, where we found a wonderful second hand book store in a restored mill, and a pie cafe where we bought a frozen pie we'll bake next weekend and remember the wonderful mini vacation we had at The Falls Inn.

Room Tip: All rooms are likely quite nice, all with a great view, but 4 of them are a little close to the restaurant patio for my liking. We felt lucky to get #310, the furthest away.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Three of my hiking companions and myself purchased a wag jag coupon and stayed at the Inn while hiking the Bruce Trail.
The rooms were spacious , comfortable and nicely decorated. All of the 14 rooms overlooked Walters Falls and all had a small balcony with table and chairs where you could sit, enjoy refreshments, the falls,and nature.
The included breakfast was delicious and served in a sunlit room with big windows, again overlooking the falls.
The staff were all friendly, helpful and accommodating.
A great place to stay if you enjoy nature, peacefulness and hiking

Room Tip: All rooms are the same but there are one or two that overlook the restaurant and patio and may be a little noisier if the Inn is full
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank luv2travelall7
fallsinnwf, Owner at The Falls Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and meal. We hope to see you again.

Dwayne Hallman