First and foremost I don't typically write reviews nor do I usually complain. And I am not writing this to try and convince you not to stay here, I am hoping that MAnagement will work on some of these issues.
We stayed at Bay Harbor Village Hotel for a wedding. We live in nearby Traverse City. I love the property and the Main Street is great. My husband came up earlier than my toddler son and I. He was out doing wedding stuff so a key was left at the front desk for us. The front desk/check inn is in a different building than the actual hotel. The woman behind the desk wasn't necessarily rude but wasn't welcoming either. I can get over that even though its basically her job to be friendly. She handed me my key and that was it. I said okay where do I go next and she said oh its down the road a little and I said well I have a lot of bags and stuff to carry (plus a toddler). Her reply was well you could move your car closer. (Not, let me get you someone to help with that).
I finally found the door with the elevator carrying bags and a toddler and then realizing I had to set everything down to use my key to just get into the elevator room. Needless to say I had to make quite a few trips. Even Holiday Inns have someone to help with bags and this is BAY HARBOR. Get it together!
The room is nice but shower was not very clean, the door going out is covered in grimy handprints and dirt and our curtain has a huge brown stain on it. Charging over $225 a night for a room that has a pull down bed so I would think they could afford a new curtain.
Lastly, the rehearsal dinner was held at the Bay Harbor Yacht Club down the road. I called to ask if there was a shuttle. The front desk said "well we have a shuttle but I don't think anything has been set up, let me check into it and call you back". No call back. Then I realized that my husband who is in the wedding left for rehearsal and took my car keys with him. So I called and explained the situation to the Yacht Club and they said "no we cannot use our shuttle to come pick you up but we can try and find your husband and have him call you". Hmmmm? Really? I had no keys and he was in the middle of a wedding rehearsal and they couldn't help a guest out?
Sorry but this place is supposed to be a swanky, hoity toity place and the prices reflect that but their customer service sucks.
Customer service is way better at chain hotels than this place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bay Harbor Village Hotel & Conference Center is situated on five miles of pristine Lake Michigan shoreline between Petoskey and Charlevoix, where an uncompromising standard of hospitality awaits you. We are just moments away from a variety of challenging golf courses, water sports activities, salon and spa services, and 3 winter ski resorts. Stroll our docks at the marina or attend one of our premier events. At Bay Harbor lifestyle abounds, if you are seeking fun and memorable experiences Bay Harbor has something for everyone!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Bay Harbor Village Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Harbor Village Hotel Petoskey
- Bay Harbor Village Hotel And Conference Center
- Bay Harbor Resort Marina