“Avoid - please read”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Llangybi
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Avoid - please read”
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

I very rarely write a review, let alone a negative one, however, this hotel unfortunately calls for one.
We booked a suite for three nights.
On arrival and check in, we were directed to our suite in a stone cottage on the drive.
The room was grubby. Cobwebs, unhoovered carpet, a toilet flush that didn't work and lights coming out of the bathroom ceiling.
The kitchenette, also very grubby, had dead spiders in the corners of the floor, the fridge had not been cleaned out and had spillages inside. The furniture was stained, there were damp stains on the walls and the windows were rotten. Further more there were bare/exposed wires attached to the kitchen doorframe and it appears the appliances are not PAT tested upto date.
After initially complaining, we were offered a further room, however, the hotel only had one available suite for the first night (as and we had a 22month daughter with us) normal rooms were unsuitable.
We stayed the first night uncomfortably.
The second day we were between family visits so came back to put our daughter down for a quick nap, to find that another guest just walk into our room (although according to the hotel manager, this was wholly our fault!).
Due to the appalling state of the hotel and security concerns we had no choice but to leave early and travel the 6 hours home.
The hotel seems to have moved away from its core business of being a hotel and just a venue for parties.
Am unsure what actual rating the hotel has, however, unless it is a 1, it is overrated. I have also added pictures so feel free to judge yourself.

Stayed December 2013
9 Thank Irving-Phillips
Simon D, General Manager at Ramada Resort Cwrt Bleddyn Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us. I have taken over the management of The Cwrt Bleddyn since you stayed with us. I have looked at all the points you have made and they form part of my action plan to improve our standards. I hope that you will return in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if you wish to discuss your review further. Again, thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Lovely hotel, most of the staff were welcoming and helpful. The room was nice and spacious with lovely views. The spa area is very relaxing and clean. The breakfast in the morning was a bit cold to be honest but apart from that it's a really nice place to stay.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
sharonkitty72
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Came out here with some friends for the Xmas Party night on 13.12.2013. It was a great night (The Elastic Band were amazing) with a good party atmosphere. Stayed the night and had a fab night's sleep in Room 17. Our friends really enjoyed as well. Staff great as always. Breakfast the next morning was good as ever. This is our 3rd visit to this hotel of 2013 (Got married there too) and have always loved it. Yeah you can nit pick over little issues like leaves in the Courtyard but I thought they looked lovely! Merry Christmas to all the staff and see you in 2014 :-)

Room Tip: Room 17 is lovely and the bed is lush :-))
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sharonkitty72
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Very welcoming, friendly and obliging staff. The hotel accommodation and facilities were very good in particular the bedroom and Leisure centre/Spa, I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Monmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Just had a great KGB deal stay - fantastic value for money - the staff were the most helpful, pleasant people anyone could ask for - special thanks to the lovely gardener who helped me when my car ran out of water, but I could easily list 3 more who all went the extra mile. The hotel is a bit tired and it would be easy to find fault as some others have done, but taken in the context of a really cheap price it is brilliant - the building is gorgeous (cosy up in front of the fire in the wood panelled snug). Setting is stunning - so quiet. The food way exceeded our expectations - it was excellent - there were 10 of us (with a good few foodies in the mix) and we were all delighted with our meals. Breakfast was equally good and we all can't wait to come back - good news is the deal is back on KGB

Room Tip: The rooms in the annex behind the spa are lovely and quiet but quite hot upstairs (but you can turn...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
LHMS, CEO of LHMS at Ramada Resort Cwrt Bleddyn Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thanks for your review and your very kind comments which are much appreciated by the team at Cwrt Bleddyn

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Kindest regards

Usk, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2013

If you think a spa day should be about relaxation, think again. How about a freezing cold pool, showers and Jacuzzi. Dirty and cold changing rooms, and tepid showers. Would you like to have to change into outdoor clothes to go to the hotel to have your lunch. No poolside fascilities as promised in the brochure!!! On my request to see the hotel manager, I was told that he wasn't available. Avoid like the plague.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Brian L
LHMS, CEO of LHMS at Ramada Resort Cwrt Bleddyn Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for your review and I am sorry that a boiler issue detracted from your stay and I hope you will accept my apologies.

We used to be able to service refreshments and light meals around the poolside but on the advice of our insurers have had to stop doing this and I do appreciate the inconvenience this may have caused. Where possible we try and serve these in the relaxation room, but this is subject to availability.

If you would please contact David spoor the GM at Cwrt Bleddyn he would be delighted to meet with you to discuss what he may do to put this matter right as I see you are local. Kindest regards

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 20, 2013

If you are thinking of visiting the Spa at this hotel please do not bother. Years ago this place was such a beautiful Spa to visit it was always so clean and warm and totally relaxing it has gone down so much.
They advertise it as a Relaxing Spa Day! what a joke! The water in the pool was cool, treatments were booked and there was only one member of Staff for the treatments which meant we were unable to go the same times.
There was nothing to relax on unless you can relax on those horrible cheap plastic lounger type things without cushions. Someone was working on lights whilst there with no one saying excuse the work going on etc.
There was a lot to be desired re the cleaning, shower on pool side had dirt in the corners etc, water was standing on the uneven surface around the pool. Not nice and I will never visit again. Sent an e mail to complain for the attention of Manager about a week ago and as yet no reply.

Room Tip: This was a Spa Visit only.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Joan J
LHMS, CEO of LHMS at Ramada Resort Cwrt Bleddyn Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for your review and I am sorry you did not enjoy your Spa Day. Unfortunately we have to staff for treatments around what treatments we have pre booked, which does mean that we sometimes have one therapist on duty, and I apologise for this necessity.

We were carrying out essential works around the pool area and I am sorry that the maintenance crew had not tidied up properly, although this area was attended to later by the cleaners.

We have a range of chairs and loungers and I am sorry that at peak times loungers may not be available and we are currently looking at purchasing extras for the Spring so we have enough for both poolside and in the garden.

I have asked David Spoor the Gm to check his spam box for email as he doesnt appear to have an email from you, but he would like to discuss your comments so perhaps you could phone him so he may resolve this matter.

Richard our new Health Club Manager who started a few weeks ago has been appraised of your comments so he can focus his attentions.

Thank you for posting a comments and I hope you will accept our apologies and phone the manager so we may re establish your faith in Cwrt Bleddyn.

Kind regards

David
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llangybi
Glen-yr-Afon House Hotel
The Parkway Hotel & Spa
St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club
BEST WESTERN Pontypool Metro Hotel
The Priory Hotel & Restaurant
Three Salmons Hotel

Been to Ramada Resort Cwrt Bleddyn Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!