“Cwrt Bleddyn Spa”

Ramada Resort Cwrt Bleddyn Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Llangybi
Reviewed November 20, 2013

If you are thinking of visiting the Spa at this hotel please do not bother. Years ago this place was such a beautiful Spa to visit it was always so clean and warm and totally relaxing it has gone down so much.
They advertise it as a Relaxing Spa Day! what a joke! The water in the pool was cool, treatments were booked and there was only one member of Staff for the treatments which meant we were unable to go the same times.
There was nothing to relax on unless you can relax on those horrible cheap plastic lounger type things without cushions. Someone was working on lights whilst there with no one saying excuse the work going on etc.
There was a lot to be desired re the cleaning, shower on pool side had dirt in the corners etc, water was standing on the uneven surface around the pool. Not nice and I will never visit again. Sent an e mail to complain for the attention of Manager about a week ago and as yet no reply.

Room Tip: This was a Spa Visit only.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Joan J
LHMS, CEO of LHMS at Ramada Resort Cwrt Bleddyn Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you for your review and I am sorry you did not enjoy your Spa Day. Unfortunately we have to staff for treatments around what treatments we have pre booked, which does mean that we sometimes have one therapist on duty, and I apologise for this necessity.

We were carrying out essential works around the pool area and I am sorry that the maintenance crew had not tidied up properly, although this area was attended to later by the cleaners.

We have a range of chairs and loungers and I am sorry that at peak times loungers may not be available and we are currently looking at purchasing extras for the Spring so we have enough for both poolside and in the garden.

I have asked David Spoor the Gm to check his spam box for email as he doesnt appear to have an email from you, but he would like to discuss your comments so perhaps you could phone him so he may resolve this matter.

Richard our new Health Club Manager who started a few weeks ago has been appraised of your comments so he can focus his attentions.

Thank you for posting a comments and I hope you will accept our apologies and phone the manager so we may re establish your faith in Cwrt Bleddyn.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

once again, we have had a great stay here; the staff go out of their way to make us feel welcome, not here that often, but always enjoy it; the food and service were fantastic, there was a wedding on whilst we were here, and yes it was busy, but it didn't spoil our stay; see a lot of people on here complaining that the hotel was 'too busy' because of a wedding, but we didn't feel that way.
yes, the hotel is old, and yes it could be improved with a lot of money spent on it, but it's fine as it is; the staff make it a great place to be; some of them take an awful lot of hassle from guests; not sure why people feel it's okay to shout at staff, just because they are young - that could be your child; think on!
this time we had afternoon tea,a first for us here & we can highly recommend it; great selection of cakes & a great fruit cake for sale on the bar too; appealed to my sweet tooth!
we will be back; have tried the other hotels in the area, and nothing else comes close to here

Room Tip: try the afternoon teas - great selection!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank frequent_flyer77
LHMS, CEO of LHMS at Ramada Resort Cwrt Bleddyn Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thanks for your review and so pleased you enjoyed. Looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Visited yesterday for a Platinum Spa day for my sister's birthday. Was a total disappointment and waste of money. The whole place appeared unclean and need of more than a lick of paint. We had to enter through the gym and sign in...we were given a towel and shown round by a member of the gym staff who certainly didn't "over sell it" We were then left in the Relaxation area....a very cold small unclean room....bin still full from the day before. We were then given a bundle of a robe and towel and directed to the changing area....it was so cold in there, dirty, toilet rolls not even on the rollers, one shower not working, dirty toilets. The pool area was not at all clean and the water so cold we couldn't use it, Jacuzzi cold, showers cold. We chose to have our lunch in the relaxation area I had to balance my plate on my knee and the plates were still there 2hrs later. We had to ask for our Champagne and afternoon cakes which we took in the bar area of the hotel. The "Afternoon Cakes" consisted of a piece of Bakewell Tart, Millionaires Shortbread and a strawberry. Spa treatments ok. To add insult to injury my sister has received an email today from the manager saying that we had left without payment but due to a temperature malfunction he was prepared to knock £29 per person off the price of £99 !!! So now not only did my sister have a terrible birthday treat but she knows how much it cost. I have tried to speak to the manager but he is "unavailable" I paid at the time of booking in October. I await contact....

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review and I know you have now discussed your visit with David Spoor the General Manager and he has offered several ways to restore your faith in Cwrt Bleddyn.

I am so sorry that on this occassion we did not live up to expectations and on behalf of the whole team at the hotel we do hope you will give us another chance.

Kindest regards

Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Came here on a deal planning to walk Brecon Beacons. We got assigned a room in a separate building and asked to be located in in hotel main building. Felt as a voucher paying customer, as I have experienced with vouchers before, we got less customer service and were told for the money we paid there were no other twin rooms of that standard. Took our room after reloading car with bags in pouring rain (though we were offered help) and drove round to the room. On opening door firstly realised the room had a double bed not twin and a moth greeted us. Then another and another. 4 might later we were on the phone to reception as we'd also noticed several spiders, cobwebs, green flying insects, alive and dead on the carpet, a window sill of dead flies etc. Staff said they couldn't spray it if we were staying in it so we returned to reception where a more senior member of staff placed us in a superior room. And it was lovely!!! So after that we had a great meal in the restaurant, lovely wineed in the bar and a lovely lovely swim and soak in the fabulous atmospherically lit spa. Very nice! Shame about some of the hotel details like the thick dust on the coffee table legs and piddly shower which was not much more than a dripping tap and pure filthy fire escape stairs with a fold up bed, haunted house style thick cobwebs and sheer muck on the fire escape stairs we used as a short cut to our car. I understand the hotel is under new management. Would definitely return in the future so long as they tidy it up a bit. If the customer service (eventually) is any promise to go by as well as the food and friendly staff, this place has much promise! I WOULD recommend due to potential!!!

• Stayed: October 2013

Thanks for your review and yes we are working hard with the new owners and the team at the hotel to realise the potential of Cwrt Bleddyn.

We look forward to welcoming you back so you can see the improvements we are making and we will soon be putting Nespresso coffee machines into all the Superior bedrooms.

Watch this space and follow us on social media

Thanks

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I attended a spa day with a friend at the Cwrt Bleddyn last Saturday. We had booked the 'gold' package and after undergoing a lot of medical treatment recently I was very much looking forward to a day of relaxation.

We were each booked in for an hours massage at 11 and 12 o'clock. We'd been told when we booked over the phone that only one therapist works on a Saturday so we'd be unable to have the same times. Although this disappointed us we decided to book anyway. When we arrived at 10.30am Saturday morning we were told that the therapist was running behind and we would need to reduce our treatment to a 30 minute back massage. This was absolutely ludicrous. My friend explained that it was very unfair to suggest that when we were already there and if that was going to be the case we should have been contacted prior to leaving. After a fifteen minute debate, the therapist rather hesitantly agreed to fit us in by working through her lunch. This was a rather stressful start to say the least. Being made to feel guilty is hardly great customer service.

Included in the spa day package are supposedly robe, towel and slippers; pool side refreshments and a poolside lunch. This was listed in the brochure and confirmed when we booked our visit. When we had finally settled the massage disagreement, we were given our robes and towels (no slippers because they had run out?) My friend's robe had no waist tie so we waited a further 10 minutes while the gentleman who works in the gym went to find one!

There were no poolside refreshments. When I enquired I was informed this was because of health and safety reasons, yet it is still in the brochure and when we checked in we were not informed of this change. I was told that I could help myself to juice, water or tea in the relaxation room however when I went to make a cup of tea the urn was turned off.

We then asked about our poolside lunch, once again to be informed that because of health and safety reasons, this would not be possible and we would have to go to the main building. It was torrential rain that day which as you can imagine it was very unpleasant running through the rain in a dressing gown. Luckily we both had pumps or we would have made the journey in boots and a robe.

The changing rooms were cold and in a very poor state. The showers were faulty, dirty and the water only luke warm. The toilets were pitch black and when asked, the male gym worker said they were waiting for someone to come to repair them. However, a lady I spoke to in the changing room said this excuse has been used for some time. It is simply unacceptable to have no lights in the toilet.

We were extremely up satisfied with our day. The organisation, customer service and facilities are in dire need of improvement. I feel it was a complete waste of money (£65 is hardly a cheap day out.) I have written all of this in a letter of complaint and look forward to hearing what course of action the Cwrt Bleddyn is going to take.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Alison D
LHMS, CEO of Lester Hotels at Ramada Resort Cwrt Bleddyn Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you for your review and I am sorry that a partial power failure and staff illness spoilt your day and led to areas being cold and partial lit and we did get an engineer on site as soon as possible.

I would be most grateful if you could contact David Spoor the General Manager who will deal with you directly as to how best to resolve this matter which I am sure you will agree was beyond our control and we did the best we could, but accept this was not enough.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
2  Thank ogliv
LHMS, CEO of LHMS at Ramada Resort Cwrt Bleddyn Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Attended a friends Birthday function, the room allocated was of a very good size. Nice and spacious bathroom, general cleanliness of the room was pretty good although certain areas were in desperate need of a good lick of paint. Service was ok, just ok. The Function room was large and lit with many bright spot lights, Buffet food was once again ok. Breakfast in the morning was pretty poor, you can always tell the standard of a hotels breakfast by its Sausage and this one was terrible! In the light the Breakfast Restaurant needed a good deep clean and the front courtyard needed a good sweep. Cannot comment on the Spa as did not enter, Sky Sports on loop is not a good look in the Main Bar! All in all nothing to write home about.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
LHMS, CEO of LHMS at Ramada Resort Cwrt Bleddyn Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Thanks for your review and sorry about breakfast. I have asked David Spoor the GM to check on our delivery on that date as we buy locally and don't normally have an issue. Apologies.

Much as we try to keep the falling leaves at bay they do tend to gather in the courtyard and find their way in when we open the restaurant doors onto the garden. Apologies and we will be more vigilant.

Hope we see you again

David

Also consider these accommodations in or near Llangybi
Glen-yr-Afon House Hotel
The Parkway Hotel & Spa
St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club
The Priory Hotel & Restaurant
Three Salmons Hotel
Llansantffraed Court
Llansantffraed Court
#2 of 3 in Abergavenny

Been to Ramada Resort Cwrt Bleddyn Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!