“KGB Spa day”

Ramada Resort Cwrt Bleddyn Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Llangybi
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We did a KGB spa deal £49 for a spa day including a treatment and cream tea we where greeted by spa staff who went out of their way to make sure we knew where everything was we proceeded to changing rooms which where clean disappointed that dressing gowns and slippers not provided they asked for £15 deposit and £11 when returned I did feel that this was a spa service and should have been provided at no cost we enjoyed the spa facilities we where asked feedback and stated that some soft relaxing piped music would have been nice also more beds around the pool area there where 5 and all with towels on we both had a facial which was excellent our cream tea was lovely also no real complaints for amount we paid but could so easily do much better

There are newer reviews for Ramada Resort Cwrt Bleddyn Hotel & Spa

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We recently stayed at the Cwrt Bleddyn for a wedding. We were allocated the Mountain View room, but as we were enjoying the day itself didn't spend much time in it until we went to bed.

The friendly welcome, easy check in and the smooth running of the wedding day is to be complimented. The food was tasty and well presented, and the public areas that we spent time in, had been nicely updated. The staff should be complimented for their professionalism during the day.

Upon entering the room, there was an odour which initially we failed to recognise. However upon walking barefoot to the bathroom, the carpet at the entrance to the bathroom was damp. There is a need to refurb this room, and we are sure it is on the list of things to do. The housekeeping team should look out for smaller issues, for instance the packet of biscuits had been opened by a previous guest and one taken out, yet it wasn't removed and replaced before we took up occupancy.

We didn't have a chance to mention the issues on check out but have e-mailed the hotel since to notify them of the damp issue.

This hotl is a work in progress, and when complete we are sure that all the rooms will be competed to a high level, just ask for a renovated room at the present time.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
LHMS, CEO of LHMS at Ramada Resort Cwrt Bleddyn Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thanks for your review and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. We shall mention to our carpet cleaning contractors about the need to ensure the carpet has time to dry out following their works as we try and clean throughout and I hope you will accept my apologies.

We have already had a word with the supplier of our biscuits for the bedrooms as some of the pack are coming in slightly open and in some case a biscuit is missing.....sorry this slipped through the net.

As you quite rightly say the hotel is a work in progress and the new owners are gradually improving all the areas of the hotel, much of which currently is in plant and maintenance which you cant see, but would notice if it wasnt working. However in the short period of their ownership other changes include upgrading the sauna, a new steam room, redecorating the ground floor public areas, refurbishing the Health Club, new air conditioning for the health club etc. and the creation of 3 new suites in the Pink Cottage which are nearing completion. And this will continue.

Thank you for your feedback.

Kindest regards

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Went here for a Spa Day offer - £49 for 2 people including afternoon tea and a treatment so couldn't really go wrong but what I would say, in the hope of constructive criticsm is this - the pool area was too dark, looked a bit grubby (maybe because of the decor rather than actual cleanliness but either way it wasn't the most welcoming) which is a shame as the overall ambience could be very nice. Though there were a few people around it wasn't busy in the gym area so would have been nice to see someone cleaning and mopping in the changing room and pool area...I didn't even go in the showers after the experience as they were smelly and grubby, waited til I got home. The sauna was broken but no big problem as not a fan of saunas anyway. Steam room ok but could be made better by some piped relaxing music especially as we were tryign to relax and could hear children shouting and screaming in the background (more on this in a minute). Jacuzzi looked a bit grubby and the grills keep coming away and floating around which was a little irritating but it was otherwise nice and it was very warm, I didn't see any sunbeds by the pool, they would have been nice (I hear there are some but I didn't see any?)...My main gripe overall was that there was a family with 4 kids in there (youngest looked about 2/3)...they were all in and out of the pool, steam room and jacuzzi - not really what I would expect on a relaxing spa day experience (especially as we went to have a days respite from our own children). On the positive side the staff we encountered were on the whole helpful and friendly, the treatment we had (back massage) was really good and the therapists were lovely. The afternoon tea was nice enough too. Overall it was OK and good for the money we spent but I think most people would expect something a bit more special and this place could be really beautiful with some nice touches and more money ploughed into it. I wouldn't rush to go there again to be honest and I am not very picky on the whole. Slightly underwhelmed.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for posting a review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your spa day and treatments together with afternoon tea.

I am sorry that the enjoyment of children in the pool during children's swim time disturbed you and admit this is a difficult balance to achieve whilst trying to satisfy all.

The pool area was designed with "subtle" lighting, which whilst not to everyones taste does have a calming effect , although if we have children enjoying them selves in the pool.

Thanks for posting a review and hope we will see you again.

Kind regards

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed here with my partner and our 2 young children in room 3. I don't really know where to start (photos to follow) - the bathroom had mold on the ceiling over a metre wide, the shower head has the same grubby looking mold on it so was unusable, most of the dado tiles were cracked, there was thick dust on the extractor fan where it had not been cleaned, the carpet was stained, for a family of 4 there were only 2 sets of towels, the wallpaper was peeling off the walls, the arms on both chairs were ripped and frayed, there were dead bugs and cobwebs everywhere, the bedside table and coffee table were ring-marked and stained, the magazine on the table had the corners ripped off and was covered in doodles and there was a horrible smell when we entered the room.
Myself, my daughter and partner all suffer from asthma, so the mold and dust was a major concern for us. Had I noted this when we first checked in I would have asked to be moved straight away. There is a sign at reception asking you to please report any issues before leaving a Trip Advisor review, so I did just that and spoke with the housekeeping manager - who, all credit to her, was only too pleased to have the feedback but her response was that her girls didn't have time to do everything (something I feel should not have been told to a customer). I can appreciate it is a big hotel but they obviously need more cleaning staff as this is just wholly unacceptable. Sorry to say it but how they retain a 3 star rating is beyond me.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a refurbished room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
LHMS, CEO of LHMS at Ramada Resort Cwrt Bleddyn Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thank you for your review and the new owners of Cwrt Bleddyn are already part the way through a refurbishment programme, and I am sorry that your room was not as would have been wished.

As you have stated we would have been delighted to offer you another room [subject to availability] without quibble as our main aim is that you should enjoy your stay

A downside of being in the countryside is that harvest time causes us great problems when spiders etc decide to decamp and move inside and I am sorry that your room was not as it should have been.

It is kind of you to take the time to discuss your issues with the Housekeeper and she was referring to the fact that at the time a couple of her team were off sick which put undue pressure on the rest of her team and mean the standards were not as she would have wished.

I have asked David Spoor the General Manager to contact you direct so that we may see how we may "tempt" you back to Cwrt Bleddyn and restore your faith in the hotel and the team.

Kindest regards

Reviewed August 11, 2013

It is quite unbelievable what the gym and spa staff are expected to do.
The gym staff are expected to be a personal trainer, cleaner or pool and gym, receptionist, waiter to name a few.
While receiving Personal Training, I was being spotted with the weights. A member of the Hotel staff walked in and requested that the gym staff answer the phone, to which the ONLY gym staff that was there replied that e was give a customer PT. The hotel staff member replied, in front of me, "I don't care what your doing, answer the phone". Well shall I just drop the weight on my face in a situation where the hotel staff can deal with? This is absolutely appalling.
I cant believe that a staff member would be so rude as to speak to a fellow co-worker in such a manor AND in front of a client. Discussing.
They really need more staff in the gym/spa. Too many responsibilities and too little amount of people. The gym/spa staff, who are some of the kindest people, are over worked and under paid.
They have been employed as Personal Trainers and the Gym is their domain... keep it that way.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank John S
LHMS, CEO of LHMS at Ramada Resort Cwrt Bleddyn Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thanks for your review and I really am sorry that this entirely avoidable situation occurred as a result of a member of the team being off sick so we were down to just one on duty for that time.

Not our usual standard of staffing and apologies.

I will investigate further.

Apologies

Reviewed August 7, 2013

we stayed here earlier this year and had a great stay, so decided to come back. the hotel is a typical country house hotel, ideal if you want somewhere with a bit of charm; it's not a chain hotel, lots of individuality about the place.The staff & management team are very friendly, they all made us feel very welcome.

we had a great meal - all praise to the chef & his team, and enjoyed the hotel grounds, not noisy or mess as some reviews claim, but filled with a wedding party instead

Breakfast was busy, because the hotel seemed to be full, but the food was hot & well cooked.

didn't use the spa, but the new gym looks great, if that's your thing, personally, I settled for an afternoon tea on the lawns, very nice, all looked to be home made too

we regularly travel to West Wales, and this is fast becoming a family favourite as a place to break the journey

in a nutshell, if you want a slick modern hotel, don't stay here, you'll be disappointed, but if you want to stay somewhere with a bit of character, then stay here.

Room Tip: we always stay in the main house, lovely rooms with nice decor in keeping with the style of the hote...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Just returned from a two night break, which my Mum treated me to. The hotel was dark, dingy and very grubby. There were dead insects everywhere, even in the restaurant/breakfast area. This really turned my stomach! The room was nice but the bed was tiny and we were surprised that they put us in a double room, rather than a twin (bearing in mind the booking was for two women) There was little soundproofing and I could hear the man in another room snoring all night. Aaarrrggghh! The spa was dingy but relaxing, however only 5 loungers and some stone seats & tables. There should be lots of these to allow guests to really chill out and relax. The sauna was broken which was a shame. We mananged to book a treatment each, however we were contacted on our mobile 2 hours beforehand to be told that they'd double booked, so they had to cancel our treatments. This was very disappointing. The staff were so feiendly though and the food was amaxing. The grounds were lovely too. The hotel needs a lick of paint (inside and out) and some freshening up. With this type of investment they could become a profitable, sought after busy spa hotel!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank DirtyStinker
LHMS, CEO of LHMS at Ramada Resort Cwrt Bleddyn Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Hi and thank you for your review and I am sorry you were disappointed but circumstances beyond our control conspired against us. The sauna had an issue reaching temperature until we could get a new part fitted and a therapist had a problem getting in due to illness. Both of which were beyond our control, but appreciate the inconvenience for which we are sorry.

As we are in the middle of 50 acres with fields, wood , rivers, ponds around us we do attract a fair degree of insect life and with the very hot weather and windows open they do find their way inside. Sorry if we hadn't kept pace with clearing up the residue.

Sorry you thought the hotel dark and dingy but as an old building the windows do tend to be smaller than in modern hotels and we have redecorated the ground floor in the past year to brighten things up.

We are a busy wedding hotel and do many Civil Partnership Ceremonies and as a result we would not automatically put two same sex people into twin beds, particularly if a double has been selected.

The new owners are part the way through a refurbishment programme and we do look forward to welcoming you back and thank you for the many positive things you say about the team and the hotel.

Kind regards

David

Also consider these accommodations in or near Llangybi
Glen-yr-Afon House Hotel
The Parkway Hotel & Spa
St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club
The Priory Hotel & Restaurant
Three Salmons Hotel
Llansantffraed Court
Llansantffraed Court
#2 of 3 in Abergavenny

Been to Ramada Resort Cwrt Bleddyn Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!