“Enjoyable relaxing break”

Ramada Resort Cwrt Bleddyn Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Llangybi
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Just had a lovely 2 night stay at this hotel. Friendly,helpful staff,nice food and beautiful location. A little tired in places but worth the money for a relaxing break with beautiful scenery. Lovely big,comfy bedroom and good choice of tea/coffee/chocolate/cup a soup in the room

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed October 29, 2012

while staying here for a wedding with my Husband, we encountered rudeness from a certain member of staff. During the evening my husband suffered a migrane and vacated to our room. Towards the end of the evening I realized I had no key and had forgotten the number of our room, so I looked for a staff member that may be able to help with this matter. I was unable to contact my husband due to the lack of signal at the hotel. I eventualy found a staff member who was extremely rude and unhelpful in trying to get into our room, I therefore had to knock on hotel guest doors which was so embarrasing. I eventually found my husband no thanks to the hotel staff. I was not amussed, My husband on the other hand was!

Also we didn't sleep well due to the extremely loud noises coming from other rooms and in the corridor. I would not stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We arrived for a 3pm check in as advised on our booking confirmation, the room wasn't ready. We went into the bar for complimentary coffee and cake, coffee arrived and the cake 10 minutes later. It was warm, probably had to be defrosted.
Our room was nice, wallpaper looked a bit tired but otherwise the decor of this victorian style room was lovely.
The room was very cold and turning the radiator up on full made little difference. We went down to dinner, nothing special and meal was served with skinny chips, veg was an optional extra. We retired to the Oak bar for a quiet drink, it was so cold in there, we were shivering and returned to our room, which was a little warmer.
Bed was comfortable, but we were cold and awoke a few times during the night because of this..

Room Tip: We stayed in room 19, it was ok but cold.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
LHMS, CEO of LHMS at Ramada Resort Cwrt Bleddyn Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Thank you for your review and I know there were boiler issues over the first really cold weekend of this coming winter so apologies and the boiler matter is now resolved.

Unfortunately such a large building with such large areas is difficult to heat up quickly if we have a boiler failure and need to switch over.

So sorry.

Kindest regads

David

Reviewed October 7, 2012

The reception staff are very friendly and polite but I am afraid that is where it ended for us. I recently took a number of Danish visitors to stay here whilst they were with us for training and we had dinner at the hotel the first evening and to say the staff need more training would be an understatement. I don't think I heard one polite term from one member of staff all evening. The rooms are a little tired and it is a great shame as this hotel certainly looks the part.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 29, 2012

booked a 2 night stay, a heritage room with queen bed and feature fireplaces and oak beams, we were given room 34 an attic room which had no fireplace, the furniture was very scruffy. i complained to reception who were very helpful, they moved us to the only available heritage room number 34, this room was larger and had a fireplace which had damp & peeling wallpaper, the room smelled strongley of damp. after we had dinner in the restaurant, which was very nice i complained again to reception as the damp smell was making my wife feel ill, as they had no more available heritage rooms we were offered a contempory room, number 6, which was very nice, ordered room service breakfast which was nice so ordered again for our last morning but no one collected the order card we left on the door handle, i went to reception who were very helpful and breakfast arrived 10 mins later, they did forget the orange juice though!

Room Tip: avoid heritage rooms
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Sorry that your large heritage room felt damp and pleased that we were able to move you to a more suitable room.

The team seem to have responded very well to the hiccups you experienced and I am so sorry that there were hiccups, but at least they showed the right attitude in making things right. The rest we will work on.

Kindest regards

David

Reviewed September 28, 2012

excellent room (16) clean, well decorated and bed very comfortable room looked out onto a grassy area with resident rabbits and squirells. Evening meal and breakfast excellent (lamb and steak evening, full english and scrabled eggs and smoked salmon breakfast) all served piping hot. Leisure suite not to our taste pool cold and jacuzzi and steam room out of order towels provided were clean and staff friendly. Beautifull grounds general exterior needing some tlc but did not detract from our visit would also add that all staff front of house, bar and restaurant staff both friendly and helpfull.

1  Thank Jeanette T
Reviewed September 21, 2012

The strengths of this hotel for me include its rural location, good size, spacious room with large bay window and settee, friendly and enthusiastic staff, good cuisine, and swimming pool/sauna. The weaknesses include relatively small issues that sound staff training and supervision should rectify, some areas could have brighter decor, and the steam room and Jacuzzi must be repaired to restore the leisure club fully. My wife and I chose this location so that we could do some hill walking and exploration in the Beacons, which admittedly are a lengthy drive, and also have the facilities provided here. It appears to be an excellent venue for weddings, short breaks and business travellers The hotel is currently in administration, and I fervently hope it will be bought and its minor problems put right.

Room Tip: Room 4 was on the ground floor, convenient, spacious and quiet.
1  Thank Bewildered1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llangybi
Glen-yr-Afon House Hotel
The Parkway Hotel & Spa
St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club
The Priory Hotel & Restaurant
Three Salmons Hotel
Best Western Pontypool Metro Hotel

Been to Ramada Resort Cwrt Bleddyn Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!