“Great food, wine, service ..... Perfection”

White Hart Village Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Llangybi
Cuisines: European
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The White Hart is a traditional pub serving good food and is set in the heart of the Usk Valley. We serve local and national cask beers. Known locally for its huge Tudor fireplace.
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Been here quite a few times.

It's amazing to go somewhere that's a pub, but presents its food with passion and a silver service style.

Always great value for money. Fresh ingredients sourced locally as often as possible and the homely feel of the pub with the occasional feel of a restaurant all contribute to a 5 star experience.

Sian and James genuinely appear to love their work and the service is indicative of this. Courteous, friendly, efficient and most of all consistent.

We've eaten in groups of 20, 4 and 6 and delivery has been on the button every time.

Strongly recommend as one of the best Sunday lunch venues in South Wales, well worth the drive.

2  Thank RBM73

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Been to the White Hart many times for Sunday lunch and as always it was perfect. The best Sunday lunch for 20 miles or more. So good I really don't want to share :-) keep it up guys.

1  Thank Zebroski
Reviewed March 10, 2014

It was a pleasure to be greeted by friendly, professional bar staff. We were promptly shown to our table and our orders were taken. The menu was excellent - I was pleased to see fish as a choice on a Sunday lunchtime. The food was well presented - the Yorkshire puddings monstrous and truly defied gravity! My plaice with prawns and capers was delicious. I had crème brulee for pudding and it was perfect, imaginatively flavoured with ginger and lemon. One of our party would have liked more potatoes - but then again he didn't ask. The White Hart is a great pub with a convivial atmosphere.

2  Thank Silvergirl735764
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Enjoyed a really wonderful bar lunch in front of a very large and ancient fireplace. My friend ordered Scampi and chips and I ordered a Steak ciabatta with friend onions - both meals beautifully served on wooden boards. Very generous portions, so we did split the meals and had 'half and half' very yummy.

James made us very welcome, and our table in front of the fire was laid with lines napkins and pretty flowers.

Will definitely return for a meals or just drinks.

1  Thank Mary B
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I have been past The White Hart many times and never tried it. I can happily say this was a lovely meal. He chef clearly puts a lot of thought and preparation into his food - I hope our clear plates on everything we had went back noticed! I had the pork belly with scallops to start and the blood orange and tarragon dessert, beautiful! The service is great and very attentive. The freshly made bread was a lovely touch. Great down to earth place which is unaffected and holds a great atmosphere. The chef is a real credit to you and I felt the prices reflected the food. Keep up the good work!

3  Thank Rose444