“Fabulous!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Llangybi
Cuisines: European
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The White Hart is a traditional pub serving good food and is set in the heart of the Usk Valley. We serve local and national cask beers. Known locally for its huge Tudor fireplace.
Usk, United Kingdom
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Living in gastronomic Monmouthshire, we are spoilt for choice and the White Hart has a lot of competition. However, we keep returning! The food has always been excellent, the choice is varied and the service is impeccable. The staff are warm, friendly and welcoming and the service is well timed. The attention to special diets is commendable and we like the fact that you are asked for any dietary requirements when the table is booked. The portion sizes are just right - quality not quantity! The White Hart has managed to combine the warmth of a village pub with a first class restaurant . Whether you eat a full meal or have a more casual 'light bite' in the bar, the quality is assured. A real favourite!

• Visited July 2013

Newport, United Kingdom
“Another lovely meal in a beautiful location”
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband took me to the White Hart for my birthday. This is our 5th or 6th visit, and we are never disappointed. The menu changes with the seasons and we always have something new to try. The Quails Breakfast for starter was amazing, and my lamb rump was the most flavoursome I've ever had. I was too full for pudding - thank you for another wonderful birthday to all at the White Hart!

• Visited August 2013
Newport, Gwent
“Pleasantly surprised.”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Visited on 23.07.2013 after invitation from friends. Have eaten here in the past & it was OK.
Staff were pleasant & efficient.
Started with the pate. It was delicious, but the portion was smaller than I had been given in the past. Advised by server that this was a normal 80g serving.
My partner had the scallops to start. He said they were delicious, so much so that he declined to share & even ordered another one. The portion size for this starter was good but he still liked it so much he wanted another.
For main course I chose the steak with chips & onion rings. It was cooked to perfection, rare, as I like it. I have to say it was the most tender & tasty steak I have had for ages. All my fellow diners tasted it & agreed with my opinion. My partner had the fish & chips & said it was delicious & nicely cooked. My fellow diners enjoyed their starters & main courses with no complaints.
I passed on a dessert but one of my fellow diners had a sort of trifle. She insisted that I tasted it & it was very flavourful.
Wine choices were good & reasonably priced.
All in all it was a very pleasant meal & much improved on my last visit.

• Visited July 2013
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Strictly for the locals”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I travel through the Usk area often due to work.
If you read my reviews I try and be as objective as I can, giving an overall experience and always give credit where credit is due.
With Usk Being an easy and lovely place to stop I have tried most of the eateries and coffee shops on my many visits.
I had heard that the White Heart Inn was very good so drove about 10 minutes out of my way to give it a go.
At the White Hart, While the food was supposed to be something special, I must say in all honesty it was your typical pub trying to be a restaurant.
Except it is very expensive for what it was.
They do a two course meal special for £14-95, I am not a huge eater but even I was disappointed at the portion size. So still feeling hungry I stopped in Usk Village for a coffee and cake after my meal.
The bar and waiting staff are very pleasant, attentive and could not fault them.
The place looks nice, ,is spotlessly clean, and has an open fire in the bar area were the villagers congregate.
Be warned, some of the locals are very nosey and do not really like strangers intruding. They seem to be very territorial and make you know it.
Would I make the effort to go out of my way again?
After seeing other trip advisors reviews I possible should, but with so much superior competition between Monmouth and Abergavenny I would not hold your breath.

• Visited March 2013
South Wales
“Great sunday lunch”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

A very friendly pub with a quality menu. We have been there quite a few times and we always get a great meal with good service, it is run by a family couple and they always welcome us. All their meats are supplied by local farmers.

• Visited June 2013