Lovely small hotel style inn not far from Sydney, Nova Scotia. A bit out of the way unless touring or business in the Sydney, Cape Breton area. Next door to the Ben Eoin ski area which we could not see due to heavy rain on the day of our departure. The Inn is fairly new and though in a somewhat Victorian style, very modern. The room was large with a comfortable sitting area replete with the modern electronic array. The bathroom was nice and the entire room, except for the balcony, spotless. One small negative was the ash tray full of smelly cigarette butts on the balcony table. The bed was large wit the requisite heavy comforter and many pillows. The staff was excellent being attentive to all our needs and requests. The Inn has a top class restaurant with a professional chef of note. The food was also excellent for both dinner and breakfast. One note, the room can only be accessed by a somewhat narrow curvy staircase that may be a challenge for seniors bringing thier luggage. Definitely ask for help going up and down. One last note, the room had a window AC unit that was noisy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 20 min. west of Sydney, 55 min. east of St. Peter's, next to Ski Ben Eoin. Colonial-style facility with ten elegantly appointed guest rooms and two luxurious suites--all with private bath, access to balcony, fireplaces, some feature canopy beds and air-jet soaking tubs. Fine dining every evening (except Mondays) from 5 pm to 8 p.m. Reservations recommended. Wheelchair accessible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Birches at Ben Eoin Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Birches At Ben Eoin Country Hotel Ben Eoin
- Country Inn Sydney
- Sydney Country Inn
- The Birches At Ben Eoin Country Inn Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia