Traveling from Florida to Nova Scotia, we spent two nights at The Birches, with golf at The Lakes Course next door. This was the front end of our trip and none of the hotels or golf courses during our stay could touch the quality and style of these great places. At the Birches, the rooms are large and very well decorated. Great beds. The dining was even better. The room, Malcomes, is simple but the table well set. The Belgian chef fixed very good 'eggs in a cup' to go with the usual breakfast items - fruit, yogurt, bagels, ect, but the dinner was the star of the whole show. Easily the best dining experience we had on the trip. A strong menu, perfect presentation and superior quality. Your hosts, Barbara and Lawrence MacPherson, are always available and most helpful. They will be your good friends before you leave. A final touch...if you play golf at The Lakes, they bring your golf cart to your room in the morning and pick it up there after you play!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 20 min. west of Sydney, 55 min. east of St. Peter's, next to Ski Ben Eoin. Colonial-style facility with ten elegantly appointed guest rooms and two luxurious suites--all with private bath, access to balcony, fireplaces, some feature canopy beds and air-jet soaking tubs. Fine dining every evening (except Mondays) from 5 pm to 8 p.m. Reservations recommended. Wheelchair accessible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Birches at Ben Eoin Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Birches At Ben Eoin Country Hotel Ben Eoin
- Country Inn Sydney
- Sydney Country Inn
- The Birches At Ben Eoin Country Inn Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia