This is by far one of the best B&Bs we've ever stayed in. The room was very spacious and had a lovely deck at the back for reading and relaxing. The inn itself was lovely. We only stayed on night, after the Cabot Trail and on our way to PEI, and found it the perfect in-between. Our dinner was superb. We found no issue at all with the breakfast. Lovely, hot, homemade scones rounded out the rest of the continental fare. And I must mention the chef, I wish I could remember his name! When we were told the scones would be bacon/cheddar I asked if it would be possible to have one or two made without the bacon, as I'm allergic to nitrates. Not only was the answer of course (he made me 3 as it turned out), but after dinner there came a knock on the door and there he was with a plate of homemade, nitrate-free freshly made lamb bacon; he said he couldn't stand the thought of anyone going through life without bacon! Now how's that for service?? This only goes to show how wonderful an atmosphere the innkeepers, Barbara and Lawrence create for not only their guests, but obviously their staff too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 20 min. west of Sydney, 55 min. east of St. Peter's, next to Ski Ben Eoin. Colonial-style facility with ten elegantly appointed guest rooms and two luxurious suites--all with private bath, access to balcony, fireplaces, some feature canopy beds and air-jet soaking tubs. Fine dining every evening (except Mondays) from 5 pm to 8 p.m. Reservations recommended. Wheelchair accessible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Birches at Ben Eoin Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Birches At Ben Eoin Country Hotel Ben Eoin
- Country Inn Sydney
- Sydney Country Inn
- The Birches At Ben Eoin Country Inn Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia