“Very nice and Quiet Place with excellent Wellness”
Review of Hotel Aquarell

Hotel Aquarell
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cegled
Cairo, Egypt
“Very nice and Quiet Place with excellent Wellness”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Aquarell is a very nice and quiet hotel in a small city (Cegled with 40'000 inhabitants).
The place is quiet with basic rooms. Me t to it is a camp. Also me t toot is a nice wellness and watermark with thermal baths.
The wellness and spa at hotel is also very nice.
Breakfast is not very nice. The place is great value for money and very well suited for families.
Walking around and going around with bicycle is really entertaining in the greenery there. You can rent a bike on site.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AmrAbdallah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Hotel was very quiet, clean and friendly.
Spa was very nice, so was all the various pools.
Exercise room was only 3 machines!!!!
Breakfast has very little variety and the coffee machine was always faulty however the egg station was very tasty.
Dinner was ok however no options for people that do not eat Pork.
Check the AC as ours was not working in room 308

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We booked this hotel for a pre-marriage class with our church and did not know what to expect but were pleasantly surprised by the friendliness and professionalism form the staff.
The hotel was in good order and the pool area was clean. The gym is lacking but compared to most other hotel gyms, it was acceptable and there was just enough equipment to be able to do a small training.
The food was good, the buffet offered a great selection for lunch and Dinner but the breakfast was missing fruit except for canned peaches. There were fresh made eggs and bacon as well.
The rooms were in working order FREE WIFI was available.
One minus point was that the bathroom stank of foul eggs the entire time and the shower door was broken but it was bearable.
International TV stations were also available.
We enjoyed our time in the hotel and we recommend it for those who are looking for a weekend away.

Room Tip: ALl the rooms are quiet, it is in the middle of nowhere!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Géza F, Front Office Manager at Hotel Aquarell, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear "stevenekuhn",

Thank you for sharing with others your opinion of our hotel! We are really happy that you enjoyed your stay here. Thank you for recommending us and hope we see you soon back here!

Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I enjoyed the hospitality of the staff, I liked the pool and sauna area. The hotel and rooms are good, nothing really special. Except for the special rooms: with sauna or with jakuzzi. Time can be seen a bit, but not that bad.
I was disappointed with the quality of the food (I mean dinners, becuase breakfast was ok). It was not that bad, but also not good. So some improvement would be good.

Room Tip: aks for the rooms with jakuzzi or sauna. they are also bigger than the usual one...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bucharest, Bucuresti, Romania
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Dear all,

We are pleased to thank you very much for your hospitality during our holiday in Aquarell Hotel. We enjoyed very good services, we really appreciated the cleanness, the food, the availability of your staff. There was plenty of comfort, relaxation, and wellness.

We hope to visit again your hotel in the future to spend such a great holiday.

BIG thanks to everybody, special thanks to Master Chef!

Fam. Petre
Romania, Bucharest

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Géza F, Front Office Manager at Hotel Aquarell, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Dear Fam. Petre,

Thank you for your kind words, we really appreciate it. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here.
Hope, you come back soon, and thanks again that you share your opinion here!

Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2012

My partner and me spent 2days/1 night over here..On arrival the receptionist was very helpful and kind, check in was quick and get all information what we needed so far. We went to the room straight away whitch one looked good and well serviced-cleaned. After a wee rest we decided to having a lunch in the a'la carte restaurant...I have ordered a freshly squeezed lemonade for drink and a gnocchi with chicken stripes. In the meantime we were waiting because between the restaurant and the kitchen has a big automatic door each time a waiting staff went in or out you could see the kitchen so I recognised our waitress to using a Fanta lemonade soft drink for my "freshly squeezed lemonade" :)))) when we' ve got our main meal I was looking for the extra chicken I have ordered but never find it so I mentioned the the waitresscoz I don't wanted to be charged for it, I was tasted my partner meal too and it was HORRIBLE never eat that bad of fried rice..after lunch we spend long time in the spa it was allright nothing special!!!! The main disaster was the buffet dinner OH MY GOD :(((((( first thing I saw that none of the hot food been covered I mean how is this possible?????????? it is not just to protect the food from dirt or dryness it is because of the health and safety regulations says hot food have to be served 63 degrees or above I know coz I am chef myself too!!!!! So it was absolutely shocking when I saw none of the food been covered even the rice can u imagine how dry it was pffff and of course nearly cold everything, last things are the dessert a thought as it is a 4stars hotel will be more than 2 different desserts but nope one of them was called somlói galuska ( Hungarian dessert ) and the second one :)))))) mini tea cakes from I don't know how lond they were so dry and hard VERY DISAPpOINTING!!!!!! After all ,we decided that we gonna have a coctail in the bar...it was nobody there....i mean customers the young girl ( bartender) just taken the cakes from the afternoon by a trolly to the kitchen i guess but before she left never said anything to us so we were waiting for her at least 10 minutes, when she came back i could hold back in myself how bad was the dinner and was shocking to see all the hot food uncovered her response was the next oh she thinks that is good that way as people cab see the food straight away and they can choose easier from the options and make better apetite for the customers and they've bee told to do that way.....????????????? I let her know that I am a Chef myself too and this is not acceptable but I gave it up as she always had an arrogant answer.....but the main point was when I paid for our drinks she said to me very irresponsive way......" OH IF YOU ARE A CHEF HOW CAN YOU WEAR FAKE NAILS IN THE KITCHEN?????" i WAS LIKE IS SHE KIDDING????? AND THEN I LET HER KNOW THAT I AM ON A HOLIDAY AND THIS TIME I CAN WEAR ANYTHING I WANT :))))) as i am Hungarian too but i am working in Scotland since 5 years so i could say when i am going home that is when i am going home for a holiday....
I have left a letter on the reception with all my comments I don't know is the director received it or not but never got back any answer from this Hotel at all so I decided to leave my negative comment in here at tripadvisor!!! Very disapponting hotel with poor service,horrible food and arrogant staff never offer for anybody and do not planning to going back this place.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Bikal, Baranya, Hungary
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Everything was very good! I can only recommend to everyone! We enjoyed it very much!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Géza F, Front Office Manager at Hotel Aquarell, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Dear "Kovacs K"

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with others. We're really glad that you enjoyed your stay here. Hope we can welcome you as soon as possible.

Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cegled
Garden Hotel
Hotel Tisza
Hotel Tisza
#4 of 7 in Szolnok
Four Points by Sheraton Kecskemet Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Hotel Aquarell? Share your experiences!