All reviews siam chalet the oriental restaurant sundowner restaurant beach front evening buffet plenty of sunbeds lovely hotel low season beach bag tai chi monitor lizards balcony overlooking chalet room returning guests patong beach shops restaurants egg station
Selected filters
Reviewed April 14, 2019

Begin March, I stayed for the third times in a standard room.

The room have the same furniture since 2007. For me, it is necessary to change at least the armchair. The frame of my bed was a bit outdated and with a stain. I was also a bit surprised that they put two pillowcases for the pillow but I will not say anymore about the matter... They have found a good idea : the pillow menu. It means that you can choose another pillow according the availibilities. I asked for the body pillow but I didn’t receive it. Unfortunately, there was a hole in my sheet. As amenities, you have everything you want : bath gel, body lotion, soap, shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush, toothpaste, shower cap, razor.

The sun beds are comfortable with a matras, a towel as a sheet to protect the matras and your own towel.

I would like to mention that the breakfast buffet is classic but they offer you mangos (which was not the case in the other resorts that I visited).

This resort works with many tour operators and most of their guests are older than 60 years old at this time of the year.

I think that I will not return to this resort except if they renovate the bedrooms.

Reviewed March 15, 2019 via mobile

It's the second time in this wonderful resort.
After3 years we find the same beautiful atmosphere.
This resort is perfect in every details, clean, kind staff, perfect breakfast with a lot of different choices.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2019

After a super good week with our friends at this hotel, we can give the hotel and staff the best recommendations we will gladly go back.
Nice big rooms and a lovely balcony.
Pool area is very nice....

Reviewed March 8, 2019 via mobile

Quite big resort situated in walking distance from Khao Lak centre. The beaches is this area are rocky but there are places to swim just outside the hotel. The surroundings are nice and well maintained. Be prepared to meet giant lizards (over 2 metres long) in the garden. Not a hotel for disabled, a lot of stairs everywhere, especially for breakfast.
We stayed 6 nights in a Siam Chalet Room. It was a spacious room, quite small bathroom. Over all a bit dated, the room smelled of mold, stains and holes on towels and bed sheets.
Really no restaurants on the beach, the hotel restaurant is good but pricey. Some good restaurants just a cross the main street. A very good equipped gym and great breakfast. Massage by the pool, good but pricy compared to the beach. All staff was polite and service minded.
Over all a little too big resort for my taste, I miss a genuine feeling.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2019

Our third visit (after 2017 and 2018) in the Khao Lak Laguna resort confirmes that it is (for us) the best, nicest and most pleasant resort, with a very typical, special Thai setup and a lot of charm.
The resort is well maintained (you see gardeners every day working hard).
This year we met many guest from Finnland, from Germany, France, Denmark and Switzerland. No Russians and no Chinese!!
Our Oriental Villa was very close to the beach and offered every commodity you could desire. Breakfast (in the Oriental) and dinner (at the Sundowner) were delicious, with a great variety of food and, at sundown, a very special, wonderful and emotional experience.
WLAN is efficient, in the room and on the beach.
Sad is the fact that most of the employees speak very well Thai...but nothing else. A communication with these lovely people is, unfortunately, not possible. During dinner time at the Sundowner, the unique sound of the waves is disturbed by a continually streaming of loudspeaker-music. Somebody had the idea of cutting the wires to stop this unwelcomed noise…
Over all we were very happy, also this year, and could imagine to come back in 2020.

Room tip: Oriental Villa with breakfast.
Date of stay: February 2019