“AMAZING!!”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Chrisgy
San Francisco, California
“AMAZING!!”
Reviewed June 10, 2014 for a stay in June 2014

If I could summarize this hacienda in one word….it would be amazing!! Old world charm with every new world amenity! The architect did an unbelievable job recreating what I have always envisioned as a true old world Spanish hacienda. Even many of the doors throughout the hacienda are authentic wooden doors purchased from early 19th century haciendas in the area! AND!! It has a gourmet kitchen, dishwasher, purified ice maker, big screen TVs, satellite TV and radio, WIFI and on and on and on… The creativity in each of the rooms with their own unique bathroom….awesome!! And the pool!! A refreshing dip throughout the day with the cool ocean breeze blowing…and my favorite… the gorgeous sunset every night!! They can even hire a cook for you….which we did and it was delish!! Highly recommend this hacienda!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the pool, kitchen and the sunset views
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Julian V
Avila Beach, California
“Words & pictures can't describe the awesomeness of the property”
Reviewed June 4, 2014 for a stay in May 2014

The Hacienda Antigua property was more than I expected and truly, words and pictures do not do it justice. The property was impressive, the suites rivaled a five-star resort, impeccable grounds and the onsite chef cooked gourmet meals. I couldn't have asked for more.

Traveling group: Friends
AllyAllis...
San Diego, California
“Paradise”
Reviewed April 17, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Antigua was pure bliss. I was looking for a weekend to unplug with some friends and this Spanish getaway was perfection. Besides the amazing view and quaint little surrounding town, the attention to detail inside and out was unbelievable. This is the perfect spot for a big group as each bedroom has a king size bed, there is a great kitchen, and a huge pool area. My room was in the front corner and had an amazing outside shower built around a tree with a beautiful view of the jungle! Perfect for a group retreat, family trip, or a couple looking for some seclusion. Very private but only a short drive from the quaint town of Sayulita! I recommend Antigua highly and can't wait for my next visit.

Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
jsites
San Luis Obispo, California
“Absolutely Awesome!”
Reviewed April 17, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Amazing is all I can say. My jaw dropped when I first entered Antigua! The property is beautiful. All of the historic materials and art are so cool and authentic. The private suites are all amazing and totally unique. I stayed in the suite with the outside bath and shower overlooking the jungle. It is the perfect place to relax with family and friends! Go here you will not be disappointed! Thank you to the owners for sharing your amazing home with us. We will be back!

Traveling group: Solo
Milanne D
Toronto, Canada
“Take me back!”
Reviewed April 2, 2014 for a stay in December 2013

Absolute trip of lifetime.
Everything about the property was amazing and perfected to tee.
The design inside and out of the house had to be my favourite part, it really created an amazing atmosphere.
The layout of the house was perfect for our large family.
The location is awesome because its secluded and quite peaceful but just a short drive to all the action.
The cleaners, groundskeepers, the cook,and our guide were all super kind and tended to our needs generously..
No complaints whatsoever from our stay at Hacienda Antigua.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
kaseyferi...
Guadalajara, Mexico
“Perfect paradise”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

This place is a dream! When I walked in I was speechless. The decor is perfect up to the last detail. Mexican antiques? Oh yes! The pool is heated wich makes it perfect for night swims. There is awesome sound everywhere in the house due to the bose system. I would love to get married here!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
HJKG
San Luis Obispo, California
“High End Luxury meets Authentic Mexico”
Reviewed February 10, 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

Just a short drive from the tourist mecca/modern conveniences of Puerta Vallarta, Hacienda Antigua sits as a beacon of luxury with a spectacular view of the Pacific. I have traveled through 4 continents and been blessed to have seen many fantastic areas. This property sits in my mind as one of the best I've encountered.

The location of Hacienda Antigua, and the larger Rancho Escondido it is positioned within, is prime for a number of activities. The airport is just 45 min south along with Puerta Vallarta itself where one can enjoy all the tourist attractions that the cruise ship traveler would encounter. We rented a car and drove north to the property ourselves as we like the independence of our own vehicle when we travel. Navigating Puerta Vallarta's roads are a little tricky, but once you leave the immediate Puerta Vallarta area, the drive was quite easy. The main road through to Hacienda Antigua is two lane and nicely paved.

Once we arrived at the turn off the last bit of the road is dirt. Honestly, this added to the authenticity of the trip. You don't get this when you stay in the city in the Westin! We drove about 100 yards through a little pueblo with abuelitos sitting with their grandchildren on the front porch. Past the pueblo you head uphill and come to the main gate of Rancho Escondido. The three existing homes on the property are meticulously maintained by the grounds staff. As the gate swung and locked shut behind me it was as if I passed through a veil into a place of relaxation and sheer luxury. Hacienda Antigua sits at the highest point in Rancho Escondido and is breathtaking.

The house itself is largely decorated with repurposed materials from old buildings in Guadalajara. The ambiance these pieces create is outstanding. From the moment I walked through the threshold I was in awe of my surroundings. One can see the photos online, but unless seated in the house, cannot fully understand it's whole feel. The house is over the top in every way you look at it from the materials used in construction, the size, the amenities provided. However, the aspect that my husband and I both commented on is how comfortable and at home we felt in the space. It's inviting and warm - almost as if the centuries the antiques within have seen are inviting you to create new memories with them.
We noted that we could have spent our entire vacation lounging by the pool, immersed in the view of the surrounding jungle and view of the ocean. We chose to be completely unplugged - like we aren't able to ever be back home in CA (though could even send Instagram pics through wifi from the house and call home when we wanted...).
Day trips we took from the property were to Puerta Vallarta, Sayulita, San Pancho and Lo De Marcos for a walk on their quiet beach. Each area is progressively smaller, quainter and quieter heading north. Each has its advantages and none disappointed. My favorite day though was by far lounging at the house after having breakfast made for us (as it is daily) followed by a quick drive to Lo De Marcos for a walk on the beach and a fresh cut coconut water refreshment. It doesn't get much better!

While this trip was fantastic for just my husband and I, next time we would bring our two children. We felt safe the entire trip and would love for them to have the experience as well now that we know what to expect. We also think that we'd like to do a multi-family trip - this would be the perfect getaway location for our large group of friends!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing