“Outstanding Experience”

National Restaurant Konavoski Dvori
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Ljuta
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: In the gentle valley of Konavle, in the lush greenery of the centuries old trees and on the banks of a clean stream named Ljuta, the time seems to have stopped. The National restaurant Konavoski Dvori resting in an ancient mill by the rumbling river not only has a unique location but also offers a tranquil ambiance. The cold Ljuta river during the summer months serves as a natural air-conditioning. It is a perfect place to spend a day enjoying the untouched nature, getting to know Konavle tradition, and eating a delicious food. When you visit the Konavoski Dvori, enjoy the excellent smoked ham, cheese kept in oil, young lamb and veal baked under the iron bell, home-baked bread, grilled trout and other national specialties of this renowned restaurant. Dishes are prepared here in the same traditional way as our grandmothers used to make them and the waiters are dressed in regional costumes.
Gold Beach, Oregon
“Outstanding Experience”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I have traveled the world and this quaint, romantic restaurant occupies a special place in my heart. I happened upon it by chance as I was driving back to Tivat, Montenegro from Dubrovnik, Croatia. I only wish my wife had been with me. She would have instantly fallen in love. The countryside village of Ljuta is beautiful, with it's clear streams, stone buildings and fields of greenery. I walked down the steps leading to the restaurant and entered another world with the sound of a small brook and water-wheels turning. It was tranquil and as I looked around I noticed that other guests were marveling as I did. I was seated by the restaurant manager - a friendly man that perhaps took pity on my solitary situation. It was a bright, sunny evening. The waitresses were in beautiful, traditional costume. They were very courteous, friendly and professional. I ordered the "Pasticada" marinated beef Dubrovnik style with dumplings with a bottle of dry red wine, recommended by the manager. A great pairing! The wine was fabulous - as good as some of the finer cabs I was familiar with in the Napa and Walla Walla (Washington) valleys. Years ago I owned a wine shop - so I recognize quality. The meal was served on a traditional Croatian plate with zig-zag pattern. The beef was very good. I followed it up with the "Cold Cream Divori" dessert with cherries. It was perfect. The serene picturesque table beneath the trees, the meal, the wine, the dessert, the service, the traditional costumes, the manager's attention to detail - everything perfect. Thank you for a wonderful, memorable meal. Cheers to my Croatian friends!

• Visited June 2012

• Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
München
“Great Easter expectations...not fulfilled...”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

While visiting Dalmatia and spending some days in Dubrovnik we were excited to read about Konavoski Dvori and its menu. Well, I love lamb and think it is something special for Easter. They had it on the list, we had to get there.
The setting is wonderful, picturesque, serene...you name iously it. I can imagine sitting outside during summer evenings...
But...they had no lamb roast á la carte, I suspect they reserved it for reserved tables...The lamb meatballs were good, but too expensive (same price as the non-existant roast), lamb liver was OK.
Service was OK, but a loudly sniffing waitress (obviously having a cold) was not really inviting..

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Adrian W
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beter than anything in cavtat”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

After a number of disappointing meals in Cavtat we decided to book here on the basis that the reviews were so good, we were not disappointed. It only takes ten minutes by car. The food was spectacular and the service amazing. Atmosphere of the old mill is charming. All I can say is that I'd recommend anyone going to Cavtat to eat there and possibly no where else, except buffet Atlas, possibly the only other edible meal of the week.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Niky L
Zagreb, Croatia
“beautiful setting, average food”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Perhaps my expectations were too high or I didn't chose the right dish, but I was not impressed with the food in this restaurant. The dessert was fantastic, but the main course was just average. Service could have been better. Too pricey for what you get. However, the setting is so beautiful I might even give them another chance some time in the future.

• Visited August 2012
Marrakech, Morocco
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“ask fotr the lamb under the iron bell”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Located a short drive from Cavtat, this is an old country house that had been a mill for 200 years and, though the millstones are still there, it's now run as a restaurant. The place is very scenic, just by the rumbling river, with dining on a terrace outside on the terrace and inside in the old house. The food is traditional Croatian. We started with an assortment of lovely homemade cheeses, followed by pasticada (a traditional hearty seasoned pot roast with vegetables and gnocchi), and fresh river fish done on a charcoal grill. They have a large selection of foods available cooked "under the bell". Ask for lamb!!!
Lovely homemade wines available. The drive out is exquisite and the views of the mountain and the river are a treat. The fresh seafood in town is very good but this foray into traditional Croatian country cooking was a nice change.
Excellent service. Definitely recommended.

• Visited November 2012