“Basic Hotel fine for overnight stay”
Review of Boryspil Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boryspil
Boryspil Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Boryspil
Corby, United Kingdom
“Basic Hotel fine for overnight stay”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We have stopped at this Hotel twice now when flying from Ukraine back to England, it close to the Airport terminals so is more convenient than taking a long taxi ride into Kiev.

Hotels in Ukraine always seam expensive to me for what they are, but this hotel is reasonably priced it cost me £58 for a standard double room, and is acceptable for an overnight stay if you flight is the following day.

The Hotel is an old Soviet Hotel, the room we stopped in had been revamped, and was fine but unfortunately the bathroom had not.
It was small and cramped, the shower head sprayed water everywhere but where you wanted it too, the shower cubical was too small so you kept banging the doors, and the tiles at the bottom were mouldy.

It was very hot when we stopped, there is no air conditioning in the room and impossible to sleep with the window open due to aircraft noise till after midnight, if possible get a room on the side of the Hotel away from the road which is also noise with traffic.

There is a housekeeper on each floor and ours was fantastic, my wife is Russian so we were OK for an Iron and Hairdryer which are not in the room but you can borrow from the housekeeper, there is an ironing board on each floor.

They have coffee and tea in the room but no kettle, you have to walk along corridor to get two cups of hot water which to me is not good, the reason there is no kettle in the room is Health and Safety!!

We had a meal in the restaurant; the food was fine but not great and expensive, although the prices of the drinks were good.
Although the service at reception and the housekeeper was fine the Restaurant waiter seamed unhelpful, when we received our desert there was nothing to eat it with but instead of bringing the cutlery we were told to take some from another table.

The Hotel has a free shuttle bus that runs every hour, but be aware although Terminal F is only 10-15 minutes’ walk from the hotel it takes 20-minutes in the bus, the bus goes to the other terminals first and waits about 5-minues at each, we always walk if the weather is good.

Overhaul it is a good Hotel with a few small problems that is fine for an overnight stay

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the side or back of the Hotel way from the main road
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Engineer350

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Turkish first
East Bay CA
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Dont expect any more than a drab room and shower at least is fairly clean. this hotel is within walking distance from terminal and has 24 hr shuttle every 15 min. i use it for an overnight layover and by far better than staying at the airport. Small rooms and bath and at least I can sleep, eat and clean up. Average restaurant and breakfast included.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Trivalleyguy
Netherlands
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Murphy's law: At arrival in Kiev I saw this hotel while I was leaving the airport and thought: "what a poor airport hotel". Guess what: On my way out of the country my plane got delayed and the airline dumped us in this hotel. My first impression was the right impression. This is a poor hotel. It did remind me at the times I was visiting Poland immediate after the "Iron Curtain" was gone. This hotel is still in the old Sovjet Union style. Very basic. Outside that it is very noisy. A Formula 1 or Motel 6 is extreme silent by this hotel.
Positive points: Close to the airport and clean. But that is it
Simple advice: find another place

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank flyingdutchmannl

Travelers are raving about these Boryspil hotels

Skaane
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We were 4 people missing a connecting flight in Kiev; 3 colleages and a stranger. The airline company booked a new flight and a night at the nearby Boryspil airport hotel. Unfortunally they "only had double rooms" so we had to share two rooms - despite they keyshelf being almost full when we arrived.

Rating:
+ English speaking staff
+ Close to airport
+ Clean
- 30 degrees in room, and no way to control the element
- Small room
- Cheap & old furniture and bedding
- Breakfast menu with old fish, old omelets and dry bread. *Do NOT eat there, got sick*

Room Tip: Find another hotel unless you're just staying the night waiting for a connecting flight.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
9 Thank kaenos
Dolyna, Ukraine
Reviewed October 5, 2011

I had heard lots of criticism about this hotel but because it was convenient and a very close location to the airport I decided to try it. I made my reservation in August for September and was told this was to early to reserve (by e-mail from the manager: Іt's early for booking on 11.09.2011. You should send the letter of reservation 30 days before arriving date). I replied to the e-mail within the 30 days and never got a return message. The day of our reservation we arrived early in the afternoon and was told there were no rooms but we could stay at their 2 star 7 km away BUT it was a double the cost. The 3 star was $50 and the 2 star $90. Then they called a taxi which cost an additional 70 uah because their shuttle only runs from 9-5. No breakfast, it is only served at 9 also. So double the money, and terrible service. The staff was uncaring, the manager not available! We are volunteers in Ukraine and know it well. I would suggest staying in the city in any of the wonderful apartments where you can walk around, eat in good restaurants etc... and paying the 200 UAH for the taxi back to the airport. This hotel is a government hotel and is full of government employees who could care less.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Roberta E
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2011

.The Boryspil hotel is a poor excuse for a hotel, and should only be used when staying overnight in Kiev airport. There is absolutely nothing to do around the hotel, the service is poor. The restaurant offers bad food at high prices, with unfriendly personnel. There is no wifi in rooms or even fixed connection.
The rooms (I stayed in a single slot for a room) was dirty see photo’s it is relying on one night/one time stay customers
Restaurant - greasy expensive food
Reception - evening shift OK and pleasant, night time and morning ,rude and unhelpful
Location - good for airport only
Television – very old and remote held together with tape.
Bathroom - shower was unclean. Tiles cracked just very tired rust and mildew on shower doors, toilet fittings rusty brown color, Shower and tap fittings dirty and covered with lime scale.
I strongly believe that the people visiting Kiev have a right to know what can be coming to them when they stay at this hotel Boryspil Hotel is a national disgrace! This is the only hotel close to the biggest international airport in the country
Breakfast is the worst I have ever encountered the restaurant attached to the hotel serves very poor food - most of it is covered in grease and inedible. The best place to eat is in the airport on the 1st floor. Unfortunately there is no other choice when it comes to airport hotels on the airport.
I had single room which was old and dirty, stains on carpet, wardrobe nearly fell on me when I opened the door and clothes rail, and when the door did open it hit the light next to it, light covers in room full of dead flies and many still flying about, toilet cracked tiles, mildew growing in cracks in base side wall, drainage almost growing, air exit full of dust and fuzz from lack of cleaning, dirty shower mat thrown behind toilet, toilet fittings brown thru lack of cleaning, photos show all of this.
Restaurant I specifically asked the English speaking receptionist if I could charge dinner to my room and was told it wasn't included in rate but, yes you can charge and pay at check out, however when I signed the bill I was told restaurant is a different company went to cash desk and they agreed it could be paid in am. There should be notification of this.
Food: Greek salad three bits of feta cheese, very oily, then had beef medallions with French fries, may well have been dead fries so limp and oily and almost cold, there was choice of 6 deserts all of which I was told were good but on ordering only one available. I must say that Oksana the English speaking waitress was very helpful and, gave courteous and attentive service, maybe that’s why she is going to work with Ukraine International airlines next week, whose cabin crew all seem to have this rather delightful attitude.
Single rooms have a lower bunk type bed, if any of you have stayed in the Federal Palace Hotel in Lagos, you will understand what I mean when I say this hotel matches it in every disgraceful aspect, and for those that haven’t experienced the low life of hotels, don't try the airport hotel at Boryspil hotel its takes you back in time, to a time you won’t want remember, the price of a very poor dinner is around $34 the room rate for this mediocre room is around $57 you can probably get a better hostel room than this for half the price or less. I would suggest the Kozatskiy Stan Hotel about 15 minutes away toward Kiev, adjacent to the metro and train line to Kiev, is a much better place to stay with decent dinners and great cultural atmosphere. A bus runs regularly past this hotel on the way to the Metro and train station.
I can only imagine that the people that stay here do so who arrive late and those that have too depart early otherwise the stay here that I experienced here was nightmare.
Breakfast was a choice of several hot dishes; well at 0900 the hot selection was cold or warm cold potatoes, cold sausages, other items I didn't even try, and Cold dishes hard boiled eggs some bits of cold meat, and tomatoes, coffee ran out after half a cup, really a total disgrace.
I didn't use the shower for fear of what I may contact.
I can concede that there must be other rooms that are not as bad as the one I stayed in, but I wouldn't want to take the risk to find out.,If this hotel was anywhere other than at the airport it would be out of business

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
10 Thank flyfinnn
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Nothing astonishing, but very practical locations for layovers and early morning flights. The rooms are incredibly small. But clean and practical. The breakfast may exist, but I was not able to find it. Staff is helpful, to a certain extent. Good if needs be. Good value for the money.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank YR2008Ott
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boryspil
Ligena Hotel
#3 of 10 in Boryspil
Galant Hotel
Galant Hotel
#4 of 10 in Boryspil

Been to Boryspil Hotel? Share your experiences!