I stayed there for only 1 night. but i would highly recommend at least a 2 night stay. i had arranged a pickup from Jo'berg and drop to Sun City. They charged heavily for the transfers. I would suggest them to have a shuttle service that offers transfers at a reasonable price. They have extremely courteous staff, very polite and very much entertaining. the stay is pretty decent. everyone gets its own cottage. bed is extremely comfortable. would highly recommend this to Indians since this lodge serves indian dishes as well. the drives were good.. heavy rain played a spoil sport and we had to get inside a rain coat since the drive vehicle was not covered from top. Anyways we were lucky enough to see both cheetah/lion.
would definitely recommend a stay here if you are visiting sun city and can't go to kruger.. m much more satisfied with my visit here than a friend who just went for a morning game drive in pilansberg game reserve near sun city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set against a backdrop of lush green mountainous vegetation, Mabula Game Lodge is set in one of South Africa's finest private game reserves. Only two hours north of Johannesburg, this 12000ha reserve is home to an abundance of animal and birdlife, including the "Big 5." All 47 rooms are air-conditioned, contain LCD flat-screen television, en-suite bathroom, telephone, hair dryer, safe and tea/coffee making facilities. Dining venues, outdoor cocktail and whiskey bar, swimming pools, tennis court, children's programme, safaris in open 4x4 vehicles, horseback safaris, archery, paintball, star gazing, eco adventure safaris, guided bush walks, crocodile feeding demonstrations, snake demonstrations and the Ground Hornbill Project and reptile centre. Mabula can assist with all conference requirements, including venues, informal breakaway rooms, private dining facilities and team building activities. Children 0-5 stay complimentary when sharing with parent; 6-11 years pay 50% of the adult sharing rate. 12 years and older pay full adult rate and occupy their own rooms. The lodge is situated in a malaria-free area. Gate entry fees are applicable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Otel, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mabula Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mabula Game Hotel Mabula Private Game Reserve
- Mabula Game Lodge Mabula Private Game Reserve, Limpopo, South Africa