Stayed one night here on a recent visit to South Africa. Accommodation is good, stayed in one of the lodges. Restaurant is pretty basic and buffet for breakfast, lunch and evening meal was ok but nothing to get excited about. Staff are lovely, friendly and service overall was quite good, but not top notch. Maybe expecting too much for an establishment out in the bush!! Went on two game drives (with George our driver & guide) the guides knowledge was excellent and he guided us to places where we saw most of the big game. Well worth getting up at 5.30am for the dawn drive. Both sunrise and sunset drives were very good. Pool area is great for relaxation, the little time we had. Setting is very pretty and would love to back for a longer stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set against a backdrop of lush green mountainous vegetation, Mabula Game Lodge is set in one of South Africa's finest private game reserves. Only two hours north of Johannesburg, this 12000ha reserve is home to an abundance of animal and birdlife, including the "Big 5." All 47 rooms are air-conditioned, contain LCD flat-screen television, en-suite bathroom, telephone, hair dryer, safe and tea/coffee making facilities. Dining venues, outdoor cocktail and whiskey bar, swimming pools, tennis court, children's programme, safaris in open 4x4 vehicles, horseback safaris, archery, paintball, star gazing, eco adventure safaris, guided bush walks, crocodile feeding demonstrations, snake demonstrations and the Ground Hornbill Project and reptile centre. Mabula can assist with all conference requirements, including venues, informal breakaway rooms, private dining facilities and team building activities. Children 0-5 stay complimentary when sharing with parent; 6-11 years pay 50% of the adult sharing rate. 12 years and older pay full adult rate and occupy their own rooms. The lodge is situated in a malaria-free area. Gate entry fees are applicable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Otel, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mabula Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mabula Game Hotel Mabula Private Game Reserve
- Mabula Game Lodge Mabula Private Game Reserve, Limpopo, South Africa