“Best B&B, or even hotel to date!”
Review of Willow Cottage B&B

Willow Cottage B&B
Ranked #1 of 3 Yeadon B&B and Inns
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Best B&B, or even hotel to date!”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I have travelled a LOT over the past number of years, both on holiday and with business. Willow Cottage came highly recommended by one of my colleagues down in Leeds, and I wasn't disappointed!

Willow Cottage is without doubt the most beautiful, well decorated, comfortable, and friendly place I have stayed in years, if not ever. Let me tell you I have stayed in many! Couple that with the exceptional value for money, and the fantastic breakfast included in the price and you honestly couldn't fault it.

Both of the owners are incredibly friendly and helpful, willing to bend over backwards to accommodate your needs.

It really bucks the stigma of B & B's being tired establishments run by bored old codgers, and makes a refreshing change by being modern yet comfortable.

I only wish I had had longer to stay there. I would happily move in permanently! I can't recommend Willow Cottage highly enough for any kind of trip.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jamathan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Totally enjoyed our second stay at Willow Cottage. Great welcome, friendly service and a high standard of decor and cleanliness. This time Julie's sister was running it whilst she was away but was definitely meeting Julie's high standards. We will be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RuthLucas
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed December 1, 2013

This was the first time That I have stayed at Willow Cottage and it will certainly not be my last.
The cottage itself is beautiful, stylish, comfortable, and you are made to feel so at home with the friendly hosts.i felt so much at home that I didn't want to leave ...I recommend it highly ..

Big thank you Anna. ..

Room Tip: I will stay in the garden room next time ..
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Carolnelson
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Amazing place, Julie your a star you made us so welcome into your home. Amazing B & B, stayed in the Garden Room, fab decor. Didn't want to leave our room. Excellant breakfast and plenty of choices. Will definately stay here again and would recommend to all our friends. Once again a BIG thank you,

Larene & Barry

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Every time I stay here I leave feeling so spoilt & pampered. The rooms are so comfy, furnishings elegant, hosts welcoming and breakfast beautifully cooked. Thanks so much for looking after me do well!

• Stayed October 2013
Keighley
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We chose this B&B as an alternative to airport parking for a week. On the hotel website it claims that car parking is available. We were therefore disappointed to find that parking was indeed on the street, a fact that the owner, who new of our reasons for using the hotel, had never indicated when we made the booking. When we arrived their comment of ‘it’ll be fine on the street’ did little to allay my fear.
We were also disappointed that breakfast was not provided. We had an early start to leave for the airport so didn’t expect a cooked breakfast. However I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect them to offer some form of refreshment. After all, I thought we had paid for bed and breakfast !
All in all a very disappointing experience and not an hotel I would recommend. Take my advice, check the contents on the tin first !

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank udidask
willowcottage41, Owner at Willow Cottage B&B, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
I would first like to say that we were saddened that you found Willow Cottage B&B dissapointing.
When you made the reservation there was a substantial discount given for your stay, as you were not having breakfast.This price also including free parking for a week.
There is a hospitality tray provided in your room , which has a large selection of teas and coffee/ biscuits.
We do not leave fresh milk in the rooms or juice. This could of been requested.
We are not a Hotel ,we are a small family run B&B .
Parking is outside the house or there is a small cark park 50 yards away.
If I remember you were leaving at approximatly 5am which we ordered you a taxi for, if you were in a hotel you would be asking for room service for breakfast at this time. Extra Cost
We offer a warm friendlly service and always do our best to make peoples stay a happy one.
Markyate
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is the best B & B you could wish for. Willow Cottage is lovely, with a fabulous décor. The rooms are decorated beautifully and the beds are so comfortable, you do not want to get out of them. When you do though, you are treated to a first class breakfast with plenty of choice, from fresh fruit, to a full English breakfast. Julie and Harvey, the hostess and host, are so friendly and welcoming. I first stayed in this house 5 years ago, and look forward so much, to every visit. There is nothing to fault this beautiful cottage, and Julie and Harvey have become firm friends.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautifully decorated.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Caroline F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yeadon
Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa
Hollins Hall Marriott Hotel & Country Club
The Queens - Leeds
The Queens - Leeds
#11 of 87 in Leeds

Been to Willow Cottage B&B? Share your experiences!