“Not what it says on the tin !”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Willow Cottage B&B

Willow Cottage B&B
Ranked #1 of 3 Yeadon B&B and Inns
Keighley
“Not what it says on the tin !”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We chose this B&B as an alternative to airport parking for a week. On the hotel website it claims that car parking is available. We were therefore disappointed to find that parking was indeed on the street, a fact that the owner, who new of our reasons for using the hotel, had never indicated when we made the booking. When we arrived their comment of ‘it’ll be fine on the street’ did little to allay my fear.
We were also disappointed that breakfast was not provided. We had an early start to leave for the airport so didn’t expect a cooked breakfast. However I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect them to offer some form of refreshment. After all, I thought we had paid for bed and breakfast !
All in all a very disappointing experience and not an hotel I would recommend. Take my advice, check the contents on the tin first !

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank udidask
willowcottage41, Owner at Willow Cottage B&B, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
I would first like to say that we were saddened that you found Willow Cottage B&B dissapointing.
When you made the reservation there was a substantial discount given for your stay, as you were not having breakfast.This price also including free parking for a week.
There is a hospitality tray provided in your room , which has a large selection of teas and coffee/ biscuits.
We do not leave fresh milk in the rooms or juice. This could of been requested.
We are not a Hotel ,we are a small family run B&B .
Parking is outside the house or there is a small cark park 50 yards away.
If I remember you were leaving at approximatly 5am which we ordered you a taxi for, if you were in a hotel you would be asking for room service for breakfast at this time. Extra Cost
We offer a warm friendlly service and always do our best to make peoples stay a happy one.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Markyate
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is the best B & B you could wish for. Willow Cottage is lovely, with a fabulous décor. The rooms are decorated beautifully and the beds are so comfortable, you do not want to get out of them. When you do though, you are treated to a first class breakfast with plenty of choice, from fresh fruit, to a full English breakfast. Julie and Harvey, the hostess and host, are so friendly and welcoming. I first stayed in this house 5 years ago, and look forward so much, to every visit. There is nothing to fault this beautiful cottage, and Julie and Harvey have become firm friends.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautifully decorated.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Caroline F
Barnsley, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

This was my 2nd stay at Willow Cottage and I loved it! Julie is a wonderful host, making me feel welcome and providing an excellent breakfast that sets me up for the day! The cottage is full of character with a lovely big garden at the back. I will definitley be back should my business take me to the area again :)

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Alistair M
Scarborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Very helpful and friendly owners. Room very stylishly renovated whilst retaining character. Everything seems good quality-beautiful bed and excellent hospitality tray. Cant comment in breakfast as we didn't have time but sure it will be proper Yorkshire one! Good base for airport users.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank CHERYL190744
Stoke-on-Trent
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed at Willow Cottage last weekend, and enjoyed a very pleasant two days. The welcome- from Julie- was fabulous, the rooms themselves superb, and the breakfasts terrific. We look forward to calling again sometime, when, with better weather, we will be able to sit out and relax in the beautiful garden

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gordon T
Hawkinge, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My partner & I stayed here in August for one night we had room 5 the garden room, it was lovely very comfortable bed, wonderful shower the decor was fantastic throughout. Julie the host was lovely and friendly and the breakfast was very tasty, if Julie goes on channel 4 show "3 in a bed" she would win!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Helen K
North Shields, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My partner and I stayed here in the middle of August after visiting friends in Yeadon.
It turned out to be a very comfortable and quiet stay in room 4. Such a stunning bathroom and comfortable beds.
We chose to have a lie in and miss breakfast, especially at such an early breakfast time of 7- 8:15, but there looked to be a substantial and appetising choice.
The only odd thing we thought was how there were not locks on the doors? We ended up locking all valuables in the boot of my car whilst we were out which was inconvenient.
Also the website states 'car parking available' which I presumed wrong to be a private car park, this turned out to mean parking your car on the road outside on a steep embankment if you could get a space.

The B&B has three cats all of which are gorgeous and we loved sitting with them or playing with them in the garden.

All in all we would stay again here whilst visiting friends.

Room Tip: Request room 4 for a big bath!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yeadon
Leeds City Centre
The Chambers Park Place

Been to Willow Cottage B&B? Share your experiences!