“Fun experience, great beer, great setting”

Brasserie d'Achouffe
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Achouffe
Walcourt, Belgium
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Fun experience, great beer, great setting”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

A fun place to visit in a beautiful setting. We went for the tour and would highly recommend it. Best part of course was the tasting of all the beers at the end of the tour. Your sure get your money's worth because the samples of beer you end up drinking far exceeds the nominal fee for the tour. Plus they give you a souvenir gift!

Took friends visiting from the Americas and they had a blast. Best to have a designated driver as you are sure to leave tipsy.

Staff are great. Friendly and caring and very passionate about the beer and the brewery. Great to see people take such pride in what they make. Highly recommend.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank snailcollector

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Tasty beer / cheese / coffee”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

For the real La Chouffe fans it's lovely to visit this place. Great to visit with friends for a weekend and to combine with staying in the beautiful forrest of Belgium.

Visited March 2013
Singapore, Singapore
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Nice pub, great beer!”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

For me visiting Brasserie d'Achouffe was an absolute must as La Chouffe is one of my all-time favorite beers. Of course I booked the tour in advance (which I would recommend) and the staff was very helpful, accommodating my need to change the times, etc. The tour itself was informative, and the guide was very knowledgable. I didn't find the tour particularly interesting aside from the historical notes because I've visited quite a few breweries and brew beer myself. At the end you get to try all the varieties of beer and get a free 25cl glass. The shop has quite a variety of merchandise which is nice if you want a momento and the prices I thought were reasonable. The pub that's next to the shop was nice I thought too, service was friendly. So not the best brewery visit I've ever had but worth doing and a must if you're a fan of Brasserie d'Achouffe.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank jensbjorgensen
Leuven, Belgium
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“nice for a drink”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

worth while if your in the area to have a drink. Nice an authentic Ardennes café. Go in the evening when its a cold and you can sit around the log fire.

Visited October 2013
Frederick, MD
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Beautiful brewery. ”
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

We got to the brewery just in time fir the tour in Dutch. The tour guide encouraged us to go along even though we would not understand most of it. We watched a short video and then the brewing process was explained. This is a very modern brewery set in a beautiful and quaint town. You can't actually go in the brewery, but can take a look through the large glass window (once you have been to a couple of modern breweries, it all really looks the same anyway). As part of the tour fee we were able to try their beers and we got a souvenir glass to take home as part of the tour fee. They also gave us a postcard that we could fill out and they would mail for us! We had lunch in the cafe afterward, and the food was great. We highly recommend stopping here. Plan on spending a couple of hours.

1 Thank birdseed_19