We stayed six nights in this hotel and were totally impressed by the beauty of the property and the amazing views. The grounds are immaculate and really beautifully laid out. We stayed just below the main building in Room 41. The bedroom and bathroom were both incredibly spacious, beautifully decorated and very, very clean. There was ample room for clothes to be hung or placed in drawers. We had a table and comfy chairs in one corner and another table and chairs outside on our private terrace. Our room overlooked the vineyards and we enjoyed a magnificent sunrise every morning.
Our only complaint about the room is that the walls are very, very thin. We could hear conversation, the television and even the folks next door walking to the bathroom during the night. Luckily, we had a wonderful, very friendly couple from England next door and they were not noisy folks, by nature. Had they been a more lively, rambunctious couple, it really could have affected our night's sleep.
I would like make special note about how helpful and friendly the reception staff was. They were always ready to assist with directions, pleasant towns to visit and special requests.
Breakfast was served each day starting at 7:30; but, eggs were not often available until 8am or even later. There were plenty of options for breakfast, including croissants, cereal, fruit salad, yogurt, fresh juice, cold cuts and cheese. We just wish the eggs were ready at the start of breakfast since we are early risers and often left for a day of adventure quite early.
We only dined in the restaurant twice. The atmosphere was a bit quiet and formal for us. And, although they seem to be trying for a certain level of elegance, it comes off a bit snobby and uncomfortable. And, sadly the food did not live up to its expectations. We were less than enthused about everything we ate there. Oddly, the restaurant played a very strange mix of American music that seemed out of place here. It would have been more appropriate to play some light classical music. That would have fit more with the mood they seem to be trying to create.
We did enjoy sitting by the pool several days and it was beautiful and very clean.
All in all, we would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to tour the towns in and around Umbria and Tuscany. It is an hour or less away from great towns like Cortona, Orvieto, Assisi, Montelcino, Pienza, and more. And, when you are not sightseeing, it is a very relaxing place to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a remote hillside above Lake Trasimeno, Villa di Monte Solare nestles in gorgeous grounds punctuated by cypress trees and fountains a few miles from Perugia. An enchanting villa, that for centuries was home to an aristocratic family, it is now a delightful boutique hotel with an excellent restaurant, two swimming pools, a tennis court and a pampering spa.Rooms and suites at Villa di Monte Solare are distributed between the villa, complete with marble fireplaces, terracotta floors and antique furniture, or in one of the 350-year-old farmhouses on the estate, also beautifully furnished but with a more rustic feel. Wander around the walled Italian garden and discover the chapel. Then, head to the pool and take in the sweeping views of the Muserale Valley and the Mongiovino hills.Take a cooking class with the chef to learn authentic Italian cuisine and then try to match a wine to your dish with a wine tasting session. In between swimming, relaxing, spa treatments and tennis find some time to visit some of the nearby villages for a feel of Umbrian life. End your day with delicious Italian cuisine in Villa di Monte Solare’s restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa di Monte Solare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Di Monte Solare Hotel Tavernelle Di Panicale
- Hotel Di Monte Solare
- Di Monte Solare Hotel
- Villa Di Monte Solare Italy/Umbria