We spent part of our honeymoon in Tuscany at this villa, and could not have been happier with the area, the service, and the room. We had a beautiful room with two gorgeous views. The grounds are beautiful, and the pool also was situated on a hill with a great view. It was very quiet and restful to relax in the sun while admiring the wonderful Tuscan hills.
We had breakfast there every morning, which was great--they had a variety of meats, eggs, cheese, pastries, and the coffee was delightful. We also had two dinners at the villa, and both were outstanding. Each course was exceptional and extremely well-prepared.
Perhaps the BEST meal that we had was our Cooking Class with Chef Sergio on our last day in Tuscany. This is a class that was provided by the Villa, and my husband and I were the only people in the class. The food was AMAZING. Chef Sergio was a great teacher and really demonstrated cooking technique rather than just going through the recipes provided. At the end, after a well-planned cooking class, we were able to enjoy out prepared gnocchi with pesto, homemade pasta with marinara, stuffed turkey with a delightful vegetable puree sauce, and a wonderful onion parmigiana dish--all in all, it was a meal that we would never have had in a restaurant as each pasta was prepared on the spot with a separate sauce for each dish. We loved the cooking class and would recommend it to anyone who has an appreciation for good food (especially homemade pasta).
We loved our stay at the Villa and would recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a remote hillside above Lake Trasimeno, Villa di Monte Solare nestles in gorgeous grounds punctuated by cypress trees and fountains a few miles from Perugia. An enchanting villa, that for centuries was home to an aristocratic family, it is now a delightful boutique hotel with an excellent restaurant, two swimming pools, a tennis court and a pampering spa.Rooms and suites at Villa di Monte Solare are distributed between the villa, complete with marble fireplaces, terracotta floors and antique furniture, or in one of the 350-year-old farmhouses on the estate, also beautifully furnished but with a more rustic feel. Wander around the walled Italian garden and discover the chapel. Then, head to the pool and take in the sweeping views of the Muserale Valley and the Mongiovino hills.Take a cooking class with the chef to learn authentic Italian cuisine and then try to match a wine to your dish with a wine tasting session. In between swimming, relaxing, spa treatments and tennis find some time to visit some of the nearby villages for a feel of Umbrian life. End your day with delicious Italian cuisine in Villa di Monte Solare’s restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa di Monte Solare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Di Monte Solare Hotel Tavernelle Di Panicale
- Hotel Di Monte Solare
- Di Monte Solare Hotel
- Villa Di Monte Solare Italy/Umbria