Just returned from staying at Villa di Monte Solare for four nights with a friend.
Before our arrival, the staff were extremely helpful in arranging a rental car and transportation from the train station. We arrived late on our first night, hungry after a long day of travel, and they kept the restaurant open for us. The owners, Filippo and Rosi, were friendly and provided helpful tips for getting around.
Its very quiet and the views are amazing. The property is surrounded by olive trees, its beautiful. Its isolated, but we didn't find the driving to be difficult at all. (That said, if you're going to drive around these hilly towns, GPS is essential).
If you are looking to explore Umbria, this is a great location. Perugia and Assisi are very close drives. We also enjoyed the wine and olive oil road to Montefalco.
Breakfast was good, and the restaurant also provided tasty dinners. That said, you probably want to explore other places for dinner, just to mix it up.
For travel purposes, Rome (where we flew out) is closer than Milan (where we flew in) and the best train station to get to the hotel is Chiusi. You'll need a rental car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a remote hillside above Lake Trasimeno, Villa di Monte Solare nestles in gorgeous grounds punctuated by cypress trees and fountains a few miles from Perugia. An enchanting villa, that for centuries was home to an aristocratic family, it is now a delightful boutique hotel with an excellent restaurant, two swimming pools, a tennis court and a pampering spa.Rooms and suites at Villa di Monte Solare are distributed between the villa, complete with marble fireplaces, terracotta floors and antique furniture, or in one of the 350-year-old farmhouses on the estate, also beautifully furnished but with a more rustic feel. Wander around the walled Italian garden and discover the chapel. Then, head to the pool and take in the sweeping views of the Muserale Valley and the Mongiovino hills.Take a cooking class with the chef to learn authentic Italian cuisine and then try to match a wine to your dish with a wine tasting session. In between swimming, relaxing, spa treatments and tennis find some time to visit some of the nearby villages for a feel of Umbrian life. End your day with delicious Italian cuisine in Villa di Monte Solare’s restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa di Monte Solare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Di Monte Solare Hotel Tavernelle Di Panicale
- Hotel Di Monte Solare
- Di Monte Solare Hotel
- Villa Di Monte Solare Italy/Umbria