“Amazing”

Country House Montali
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Best diner ive ever had. Amazing what they do with food. They have ruined all of our future hollidays. How can we top this?

There are newer reviews for Country House Montali

Reviewed January 2, 2014

One day I bought a great looking recipe book in my home town in Holland. To my big surprise I discovered that it was a book from the restaurant uphill near my favorite place in Italy, Panicale. So next holiday we booked a table and we were very warmly welcomed by the host Alberto. He nows how to treat his guest to make them feel at home. After a perfect outside drink admiring the views, we went in for a five course meal. Every dish was a surprise. Not predictable at all. All combined with a very good wine. There is no choise, everyone in the restaurant eats the same at the same time. That gives a very nice and quiet athmosphere like eating in your own dining room. Malu is the chef in the kitchen and for me she is doing a great job inventing these dishes with a surprising combination of fresh ingredients ( without meat). I'm not a vegetarian but this is one of my favorite restaurants in Umbria.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is a superb dining experience in Umbrian hills near Lago Trasimeno. Very friendly and experienced staff. Refined fixed menu for a fixed price.
A book has been published with recipes and Montali was featuring in British (BBC) and a Dutch (TROS) television programs.

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Reviewed October 20, 2013

As vegetarians, this was a real treat. I had read about Country House Montali before arriving in Panicale, back in 2012. Unfortunately, we were too early for their season opening. We returned later, and planned it out to be there when they were open. It was well worth the wait.
Upon arrival, we were greeted by Alberto, and offered a glass of proseco. Nice touch. The dining room was full, and we may have been the only diners not actually staying at the B&B, which is part of the beautiful property. We had a short tour, and were then led to our table.
The meal was "fixed" menu and price, though we did order a nice wine from their list. There were four wonderful courses, each a tasty delight, as well as lovely to look at. The entire meal was well proportioned, very yummy, well seasoned....and complex without being fussy. We loved it. We had a fantastic experience, and plan to return in 2014.
Thanks to Malu and Alberto, for they have created a true haven for vegetarians, and everyone else...in the hills above Lago Trasimeno. Who knew?