Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Brilliant

What a fantastic experience! Loved every minute from helping to set up balloon to putting it... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
sjr666
Birmingham, United Kingdom
via mobile
Fantastic experience

Bought for us as a special present we eventually had our flight yesterday afternoon from... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
MyraW645
Manchester, United Kingdom

All reviews ground crew weather conditions birthday present memory stick well worth the wait bucket list amazing experience safe hands perfect weather pilot jon hot air peak district wonderful trip great company scared of heights launch site british weather
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Naturally a balloon flight is going to be a fantastic experience and I loved every minute of it more than I can say - but I was also really impressed with Wickers' World as a company. They were completely open about their flying dates, so you could know before paying anything whether the dates and locations would suit you. They were also very honest about cancellation - they told me people fly on their third time on average. Because we knew this, we were prepared for a long wait and lots of cancellations - though as it happens we were lucky and flew on our second date. I'd always prefer using a family firm than someone like Virgin, and am definitely glad we did. I was also impressed by our pilot's way of reassuring us: our rather fast landing was not scarey - just exhilarating - because we had all been told exactly what would happen and how to stay safe. If I ever buy any more balloon flight presents in my life, it'll be with Wickers World.

1  Thank Karen L
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Got to go after 3 cancellations, but appreciate the conditions have to be right for our own safety. Flight was from Tissington, a beautiful location in Derbyshire. I have had a Hip Replacement so was a bit concerned about getting in and out of the basket. I needn't have worried though because with a little help from my fellow passengers and some humerous encouragement from the pilot it was not a problem. The flight was truly beautiful, an amazing experience and the landing very smooth, we had been told that the basket would probably turn on its side but it didn't Hurah! I wasn't a lot of help with packing up the balloon because of my lack of mobility but they all seemed to have a lot of fun.
A very memorable experience, for all the right reasons, and one that I hope to repeat in the future.

1  Thank leicesterswallow
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I booked the balloon flight for my husbands 60 birthday present. I booked on line with ease & the confirmation & all the paper work came two days later. We were flying from Staffordshire. I happened to go on the web site & noticed they had flights from chester & Whitchurch which would have been better for us to get to, so I called their office & spoke to Tom, he could not have been more helpful & changed our location to one which was nearer to us. We arrived on the morning of the flight & was greeted by a friendly crew. The flight from start to finish was awesome. The pilot Andy was witty & informative. Would well recommended. Absolutely brilliant. My husband was so made up.

1  Thank Baqrie
Reviewed July 16, 2013

What a great morning , from start to finish it was the best day ever ! Arrived nice and early to watch balloon inflating , we were involved from start to finish , allowed to get in close for the photo's . Didn't even notice we had taken off it was that smooth , perfect weather meant we could see for miles , pilot John kept up a great running commentary on what he was doing and why , he even told us where we were and where all the surrounding areas were !! Definitely made the trip far more enjoyable for us , in fact all the staff on duty were brilliant fun , onto the landing !!! We didn't even feel the touchdown it was that gentle , would recommend to everyone if you want a fantastic experience with very professional staff have a go , I will definitely go again ..

1  Thank Jeanette M
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Well it took a year of cancelled flights before I got to use my birthday present, but I finally got on my flight!

We were thoroughly fed up after around ten cancellations and were close to asking for a refund, but we suddenly got a text message on the May bank holiday saying the weather was looking good and could we go that evening? Yes!

It was the most surreal but wonderful feeling being up in the balloon and I'm so glad we were eventually got the opportunity to fly. It's something I'd definitely do again, but maybe not in this country as the weather is so unpredicable and I really was fed up with constantly phoning the flight line just to have it cancelled (my phone bill was flipping massive after a year of doing this!).

The staff were great, and our pilot (John) was brilliant. He handled a grumpy farmer who didn't want us landing in his field with grace and good humour, and pointed out lots of interesting landscape features along the way. At the end of the flight, you have to help pack up the balloon and then a couple of land rovers come along to collect you and take you back to the launch site.

Highly recommended, but be prepared for a few cancellations.