“Fun for the under 10's”

The Big Tops Play and Party Centre
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Big Tops is an exciting and adventurous indoor activity centre for the under 11's combining fantastic imaginative children's play facilities, Laser Tag, a wide choice of parties, Build A Bear, large toddler's area and an excellent, healthy eating cafe. Ideally located in Dinnington, Sheffield, South Yorkshire conveniently placed between Sheffield, Rotherham, Barnsley, Doncaster, Worksop, Nottingham and Chesterfield.Nearby attractions are Clumber Park, Rufford Park, Sherwood Pines, Sherwood Forest Visitors centre, Rother Valley Country Park, Tropical Butterfly House, Conisborough Castle.Open every day 9.30Am -6.30Pm. Prices £3.50 Up to 3.00Pm (under 5's term-time only) £4.50 After 3pm, £4.95 weekends and school holidays - entrance per child is for unlimited play unless it is extremely busy when sessions may be limited to 2 hours. Discounts include £1 Monday's (£1 entry before 3pm term time only) and £2 Tuesdays (£2 entry before 3pm term time only), and our play and eat for £5 deal mon-friday after 3pm.
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Fun for the under 10's”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Lots of activities for the younger children as well as the climbing areas for the older ones. The children 'let off steam' in a safe indoor environment - ideal for when the weather is not so good. It is reasonable priced and the staff are friendly and helpful. Plenty of seating for the adults and the food is good. Seems to have everything to keep the children happy and entertained for a few hours.

Visited December 2012

20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Childs delight”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Its the perfect place for kids to run about in, a special place just for them, of course the grown ups can join in or have a coffee and a snack and put your feet up.

Visited November 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Short staffed and children running riot!”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I have been to big tops with my 1 year old and 2 and a half year old during term time and found it fine. However my friend and I decided to meet there one Friday during the summer holidays as we all work during term time. We arrived at 10.00am and by 10.30 it was already busy with a long queue waiting to get in. I could only see 2 members of staff around, one on the till and the other serving food and drinks. I after buying a flapjack for my children I was just giving some to my 1 year old and my 2 year went to play in the under 5s area next to our table. She had only been gone for a matter of minutes when she returned crying with a bleeding mouth. To my horror her front tooth had been dislodged and pushed backwards by an order girl who had kicked her accidently while climbing over an obstacle. I rushed her to the dentist where I was told to give her painkillers for 5 days and soft food for 2 weeks and that she might need further treatment. I know that accidents happen but this was not the experience I expected from a 'soft play' centre! Needless to say when I returned to collect the accident form there were 4 members of staff chatting at the till while the place was almost empty! My daughter can now look forward to a crooked, grey, wobbly tooth until it falls out and the possibility of her second tooth not forming at all. Somewhere I won't be visiting again i won't a hurry!

1 Thank rarah2005
Les C, Owner at The Big Tops Play and Party Centre, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
We are very sorry that your child had this accident in our play centre. We try our very best to ensure that everyone has a great time a The Big Tops and want to return time after time. But occasionally accidents do happen in a playground. I do not know what the staff were doing at the till but they could have been having a team briefing? Once again i am very sorry for your child's injury but i can assure you they are very very rare at The Big Tops.
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great Soft Play”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Love everything about this place, Staff are very friendly and food is good.

My daughter loves this place with the great variety of things to do. Plenty of seating and space for the kids to run around.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank angeljan
Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Super play centre”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Great for kids of all ages. It is a large play centre though so be warned when they disappear inside it's very tricky to spot them again! Best visited in term time when it's much quieter.

Visited June 2012