“Diver-friendly hotel”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Bay
Durbeyfield Guest House
Ranked #4 of 4 West Bay B&B and Inns
Aylesbury
“Diver-friendly hotel”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was a dive trip with 8 of us staying in one hotel. The rooms are nice (the stairs are steep) and clean when we arrived. Nice big bathroom with shower and bath (not all rooms are en-suite).
Pub downstairs is very good and reasonably priced and the restaurant is very good. Veggie sausages for breakfast - even if some did eventually end up as fish food!

Room Tip: Ask for en-suite if that is what you expect. Can be noisy when the pub is full of tourists,
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Shropshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We received a very warm welcome here but our room was on the top, attic floor and, whilst being very spacious, was in dire need of refitting. The bathroom was large and bare and could have looked quite attarctive with a few nautical scenes or bits and pieces.Tea and coffe- making was available but, after several attempts to make a decent cup of tea I gave up - the taste was very nasty so I think the UHT milk had gone off!
We ate in the restaurant and the food was good and service was very friendly. Breakfast was good, too. This place just needs a good makeover.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tryfan
Retford, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Didn't stop at the B&B but did use their restaurant and bar (the Quarterdeck Tavern) 3 times, after looking round West Bay at some of the other places to eat and finding them to be a bit on the 'expensive' side (£12 + for a burger!!!) we decided to give this place a try and was so glad we did. The food was some of the best I've ever had, home made, plentiful and very very tasty. Even my son who is a very fussy eater loved it. The staff were extremely helpful explaining what any of the dishes were if we didn't know and there were some I'd not heard of but decided to try and am glad I did as I'm now going to try to make some of them myself. If you're ever in Bridport/West Bay or the surrounding area try to make time to visit and try there glorious food.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Ate here on monday and thursday 8th/11th april with the wife and two friends and a 7 year old staff could not have been better nothing was to much trouble for them the food was top class and plenty of it will definately go back again go try it yourself you will not be disapointed

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2013

That's right, justr back from lunch at the Durbeyfield, or to be mpore accurate the 'Quarterdeck' which is their bar, a small and intimate old fashioned pub but the food is sensational. My wife had a 'slow cooked lamb shank' with a table loaded with veggies for £9.95! I tell you I paid £11.95 for lamb shank in Tesco just a couple of weeks ago!
I had a whole 'West Bay Sole' that covered the plate with veggies again for £9.95
My brother had a chicken dish and sister-in-law had a pork loin dish all looked great. We had to use the neighbouring table for all the food, and the bill was under £40 for the 4 of us

We have stayed there last New Year and the breakfasts are huge

BUT .........please don't go, you'll love it but I'll hate it 'cos I won't be able to get in!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Didn't stay here but ate in the
Quaint little restaurant food was good very tasty home cooked food the waiteress was very helpful and attentive would certainly go back again. The decor was a little dated but the atmosphere was good and friendly the belly of pork is a must for those with a hearty appetite will certainly go back

• Stayed October 2012
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night whilst walking South West Coastal Path. Room was fine, bed was clean. Served home made curry in the restaurant which was good value.
All staff and the locals in the bar were very friendly. Maybe I was just lucky but I would stay again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
#5 of 22 in Weymouth
Hensleigh House
Hensleigh House
#1 of 2 in Charmouth

Been to Durbeyfield Guest House? Share your experiences!