“Hidden gem”

Seagulls Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 19 Restaurants in West Bay
Cuisines: Seafood, European, British
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We always let the food,service and our reputation speak for us .....going on 23 years and still here ...must be doing something right !!
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

We went for dinner last night and was so glad we did. Waitress was lovely and really attentive and the food was superb and good value, "its now my children's favourite restaurant in the world". Seagulls restaurant doesn't have curbside appeal but that's what makes its a hidden gem.

“Keith ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

Do not be put off by the outside of the restaurant. The Sunday Roast was one of the best I've had in a long time ! The Service was excellent and very friendly.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Good food but a bit disappointing overall.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

Me, wife, 14 yo and 7 yo visited on holiday. Very small place and lucky to get last table as hadnot booked. Only two staff who seemed to be in need of more help but friendly enough. Kids menu - 7 yo had a very good spag boll with vegetables and 14 yo had scampi and chips as wasnt that hungry. This was ok but perhaps regretted he didnt choose from adult menu as the plate was neither large or very special. However the kids meals were £5 each so pretty good value I guess. I had steak and guinness casserole (£9) with cheesy dumplings and new pots and veg. This was really lovely although could have done with a few more new pots. Wife had salmon with dill sauce (£13)which she said was good and tasty.
We had two puddings which were tasty and well presented but bit overpriced at £5 each. Overall the food was good and tasty.

The place was a bit stuffy on this warm evening and seemed to appeal to older generation who perhaps liked the carpeted place and the veg. We were the only family so maybe the place is not pitched at kids in the evening - not sure. The menu was not one that set the world alight with interest which was a shame and all a little straightforward but very tasty.

I ordered pint and half of dry cider which was warm! I appreciate they might not have draught but cider should be served cold and bottles could be chilled in fridge. The staff cleared the kids meals before wife and I had finished and then cleared wifes plates before I had finished. The sweets were offered whilst I was still finishing my steak casserole. Detracted from the experience and I felt we were being rushed out. However it then took ages for the sweets to arrive and had to chase. The choc pud was beautiful - daughter said it was wonderful. My lemon slice thingy was very good.

It was clear that they were understaffed - something I was told when I chased the puds. The place might benefit from a change of flooring to fit with the more modern feel to the furniture and give more open less stuffy, more seaside feel . Maybe we were just unlucky to pick a night when the staff were struggling a bit.

• Visited August 2014
Banbury, United Kingdom
“Friendly seaside restaurant.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

The food was excellent, its got to be cod and chips when you are at the seaside. The young lady that took our order was very friendly. A nice little friendly seaside restaurant.

• Visited August 2014
“Seagulls home cooked reliabity”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed a meal from the fish specials board and were happy to get decent, honest food, fairly priced. Not amazing, but friendly staff and a plate of fish you are happy to finish after a day on the beach! Salted caramel ice-cream great.

• Visited July 2014