After three days in Florence Region Villa De Olmi we took the wine route of Chianti . Last minute booking and decided to stay at Il Borgo di Vescine just outside Radda on the main wine route. It was a little difficult to find but definately possible and not too terrible getting lost in Heavenly Tuscany. Borgo Di Vescine is just lovely. Like a tiny hamlet set on the side of a mountain of its own and stunning views. The rooms are like little chatlets with their own little terraced areas to enjoy your own private view of this stunning area. Not good if you want somewhere that is easy to get around and girls definately "No Heals" but certainly worth it. Rooms are rustic but big and have all you need including bathrobes, wifi, minibars etc.... Stunning little pool with honesty bar and icecreams. Residents just signed what they had taken and were charged on departure. Perfect as you could help yourselves whenever you wanted. Wines were stunning and we sat and had our own little tasing overlooking the views! Restaurant was simple and delicious and again with beautiful views and very pleasant staff. only thing to remember is that it does have the odd insect about as you are in the middle of the countryside but as long as you protect yourself from the odd bite they will not bother you. Its a great location to base yourself and also if you wish to dine off site you are very close to Radda which is a stunning little town. on our last night we decided to pay a visit and it was the Watermelon Festival. The whole town were dining in the square on huge long tables and eating local produce and of course Watermelon for desert. Live music playing and families of all generations dancing. It was magical!! Thank You Tuscany for making my dream come true. This is just the beginning I will return once again with my wonderful partner Dustin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The XIII century village of Vescine is situated in the heart of the Chianti classico region and it’s now a Country Relais, conserving the original structure of the mediaeval village in perfect harmony with the surrounding countryside. Situated at 600mt above the sea level, Vescine allows you to enjoy the tranquility offered by the uncontaminated Chianti hills, while at the same time, allowing you to reach the primary cities of art of Siena and Florence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Fastbooking, Priceline, Travelocity and ACCOR so you can book your Il Borgo di Vescine - Relais del Chianti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Borgo Di Vescine - Relais Del Chianti Hotel Radda In Chianti
- Il Borgo Di Vescine - Relais Del Chianti Radda In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany