Just back from our honeymoon where we stayed 2 nights in Florence and 3 nights Il Borgo de Vescine in Radda, everyone was so welcoming, it was like a small unobtrusive family atmosphere and it was hard to leave.
Location is great, right between Florence and Siena so about an hour drive to each city and surrounded by smaller towns which are lovely to wander around.
We ate at the restaurant twice for dinner and the food was simple Tuscan fare; great homemade style and absolutely delicious. We also did the cooking class one afternoon with Karla the in-house chef and highly recommend it, it was a 4 course dinner and the best homemade pasta we ate all week!
Vincenzo the wine buff there is very friendly and knowledgeable about their great wine, always happy to chat and his free wine tasting for guests is good fun. Free wifi in the enoteca also.
We will go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The XIII century village of Vescine is situated in the heart of the Chianti classico region and it’s now a Country Relais, conserving the original structure of the mediaeval village in perfect harmony with the surrounding countryside. Situated at 600mt above the sea level, Vescine allows you to enjoy the tranquility offered by the uncontaminated Chianti hills, while at the same time, allowing you to reach the primary cities of art of Siena and Florence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Hotwire, Orbitz, Fastbooking, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Il Borgo di Vescine - Relais del Chianti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Borgo Di Vescine - Relais Del Chianti Hotel Radda In Chianti
- Il Borgo Di Vescine - Relais Del Chianti Radda In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany