“The best Bruschetta in Chianti”

La Bottega di Giovannino
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Wine Bar
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Typical Tavern placed in the historical center. The menu offers a good selection of local products, bruschette, fresh pasta with different sauces, some meat dishes,salads,homemade desserts. Wide choice of Chianti Classico from local producers, also by the glass. Winter time reduced opening hours and closed on Sundays
Genova, Italia
“The best Bruschetta in Chianti”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Giovannino has an astounding price/quality ratio: we were so satisfied we came back the following day...
Food is typically Tuscan: bruschetta ( try l'eroica, bruschetta with spicy tomato, or the bruschetta with lardo), but also Ribollita soup, Peposo stew (an overcooked stew with pepper) or mixed cheeses or hams.
Home wine is good (what else in Chianti?), and price incredibly cheap: 15-20€ maximum..:-0
The place is small, arrive early ..

1 Thank PaoloP66

• Hebrew first
Adelaide
“Unpretentious, but the best food we found in Radda”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

We were staying in the B&B upstairs, so we were already regarded as "family"; even though we'd only arrived late that afternoon. We decided to eat in that night and explore other options for meals the next day. We didn't know it at the time, but this was to be the best meal we had in Radda; streets ahead of the more highly acclaimed La Botte de Bacco.

The delightful Monica, (there really aren't enough superlatives to describe her,) ushered us into a quiet back room with only one other occupant. She returned soon after and proudly introduced us to this person: her "Nonna". Now Nonna spoke not a word of English, and we four could muster up a dozen or so words in Italian, but we got on just fine. It seems Nonna was also head pasta cook.

Monica's brother David kept us plied with beer and the local wine. By the time the food arrived we actually felt like family. And the food was far and away the best we'd had up to that point in Italy. I tried, first time ever, pasta cooked in squid ink. An adventurous choice for me, and it was delicious. The others (I can't remember what they had) proclaimed their meals equally good.

A few complimentary grappas later and we were feeling very mellow indeed.

This was rustic Italian at its best, in a place alive with warmth and atmosphere. Staying in the B&B was a wonderful experience: eating at the restaurant was even better.

We got into the habit from then on of always coming back here, just for drinks, after a meal. At nights the limoncello and sambucca flowed freely: during the day the coffee and beer hit the spot perfectly. It's not upmarket, and from a few reviews I see it's not to everyones taste, but the time we spent here, and the interaction with our two wonderful hosts, made this one of the best highlights of a 9 week European trip.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank westendgaz
california
“Salad OK, others items almost unconsumable”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

Three of us ate here one night. The salads were OK; nothing special but acceptable. However the main dishes were close to unconsumable regardless of how hungry you are. The wild boar was old and covered in salt to hide the fact it was old. The past had been reheated multiple times. We ate the sald and a few bits of the main course.

Woud not recommend his for anyone.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank bubba65
chiantibottega, Owner at La Bottega di Giovannino, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
I accept critics and the fact not everybody like my cooking style but I can't accept what you write becouse YOU DESCRIBE ACTION I'VE NEVER DONE! I cook handmade pasta at the moment client are ready to eat it, never before. I prepare wild boar every week and the sapidity is decided at the the moment of the cooking. I never add salt when I heat for the table. Every time peple don't finish the dish I ask if there is a problem becouse we like people are happy with the dish and if there is a mistake I always apologize and I don't charge for the dish. maybe what I prepare is not your taste. I'm sorry..Monica
London
“Perfect”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

A lovely little bar . Perfect for a glass of wine and a quick bite, excellent homemade pasta . Tucked away you could easily miss it , keep looking it is worth it

Visited October 2012
Frankfurt
“Our favourite meal in Radda”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

This place was exactly what we wanted in Tuscany: delicious homemade pasta (try the gnocchi with peccorino and truffles), excellent wines, great atmosphere and reasonable prices. The place focuses on wine first, food second so if you are looking for a big fancy dinner, this is not the place. However, if you want good home cooking paired with great wine, be sure to try this place!
Make a reservation or arrive early. This place is small and fills quickly.

• Visited October 2012