“Spectacular View and Friendly Service”

La Loggia del Chianti
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Bullhead City, Arizona
“Spectacular View and Friendly Service”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

The views from this hill top restaurant are just spectacular. You really get to breathe in the atmosphere that makes the hills of Tuscany one of the most photographed vistas in the world. The background of vineyards and olive groves makes you feel like you are part of one of those beautifually photographed Italian romance movies. The menu of this fulll service restaurante and pizzaria is varied and full of local culture. You have to try the Picci Pasta with meat sauce regardless of what else you have.

• Visited December 2012

• Polish first
NYC
“It was enjoyable..and open1”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We arrived in Radda when just about everything was closed..in late November. The hotel told us nothing much was open but we explored and found this place..went twice. It was hidden..ad to walk down some stairs off the street in the main area of Radda. It was really nothing special upon entering. Its certainly a very local place and the owner (I assume he was the owner..salt and pepper hair, in his 40s or 50s) was very nice. He makes his own olive oil which we bought from him although he doesn't really sell it. He was very accommodating though our language issues were a bit of a problem. The first time we went, we had previously had a big lunch and were not too hungry. Got there about 9 pm..he stayed open for us to get soup and pizza and wine . First time I got a fabulous homemade pizza margarita. Second time my husband and I shared a salad of pear, melon, olive, parmesan and lettuce. It was great. He had pici with sausage, bacon, mushrooms and tomato (later the heart attack,,).I forget now what I had but it was pasta and it was really good. Typical local atmosphere ..not spectacular, but very enjoyable . Two locals came in pretty late and he was happy to stay for them too. I just looked back at my rating and I can't really rate it 'average', and the next step up is 'very good'. It wasn't average, because the food was better than average..the atmosphere was 'average' but I don't want to do them an injustice.

• Visited November 2012
Mississauga, Ontario
“Great food, very friendly host/owner and great service too”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Dinner here on a Saturday evening was truly excellent and the entire evening experience made our visit to La Loggia del Chianti the best we had in two weeks in Tuscany, which included one week in Florence. The food was great: the cold cuts were very tasty as was the bread offered. One of the few restaurants that actually brought the olive oil and balsamic vinegar to the table right upfront with the breads. The beef file was "advertised" as being in red pepper souce, but it actually was in butter peppercorn and was excellent. The pizza my better half ordered, and of course I sampled, was the best I ever had, but please note they serve pizza only during the weekend dinners (don't know the reason); if you get there and it happens they offer the pizza, don't hesitate! Tiramisu was very close to the best I had at another place in Lucarelli. List of wines was pretty good and 375 ml bottles were also offered. The house aged grappa was the best out of a number of restaurants in the area. Price was good for the food served and for the very good service which was perfect: well balanced low key and attentive as needed. Don't miss this restaurant if you are in Radda in Chianti! I highly recommend it. Did I mention you won't break the bank to pay for this excellent meal? (I.e., great value too)

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank RobertJohn_Canada
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Great experience!”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

It was the best food we had in Italy, the hospitality was second to none as the owner, cook was very gregarious by showing my husband how the grill/pizza oven works, along with his wife and son, who we shared Grappa with at the end of the meal, which we love. Only sorry we found it on our last night but we plan to visit next time we'er in Italy.

• Visited September 2012
Burlington, Canada
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

What a great experience! The food was excellent. Our choices included the ribollita, the fantasia salad and pear salad. The pici pasta is a great choice - a Tuscan pasta dish.The pollo primavera was outstanding. The pizza is amazing - size and quality! (Pizza on weekends only). Great choice of Tuscan wines and others. The hospitality is second to none as the owner/ cook / host - Michele is a gregarious, warm character along with his wife and family. We have been to the Loggia more than once and keep going back. A great view of the Tuscan countryside and wineries in the distant.

• Visited September 2012