Relais Vignale
CDH Hotel Radda(Radda in Chianti)(Great Value!)
$132
$121
$117
Hotel Villa Campomaggio Resort & Spa(Radda in Chianti)
$149
$141
Orbitz.com
Palazzo San Niccolo'(Radda in Chianti)(Great Value!)
$129
$110
Hotels.com
Hotel Podere Le Noci(Radda in Chianti)
$91
Pensione Elio Pistolesi(Radda in Chianti)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsterrace restaurantaperol spritzbeautiful hotelperfect locationthe hotel staffswimming pooltuscan countrysidemain buildingamazing viewssmall townhome basebefore dinnerstandard roombreakfast buffetnice pooltuscan vacationsweeping views
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Radda is a tiny town, and your only choices within the city walls are very expensive 4 stars or a very basic B & B, which actually charges extra for breakfast. Just across the street from the city wall is one of the most charming hotels we've happened upon in our 30 years of travel in Europe. Already intoxicated by the charming town. The views and of course, the fabulous wines, we completely fell for the view from our room, and at a considerably lower price than the other 4 stars in town that lacked the same views. The staff is gracious, the grounds are impeccably manicured, with numerous spots to sit and enjoy a glass of wine, or just drink in the view, and there are many small common rooms where you can relax, grab a book from the lending library, or play on your iPad. We will leave here reluctantly!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dobiemom12
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed here in July and when I booked the room did not realize we booked a suite! We had one of the best rooms on the property. It was a suite but more like a little apartment. We had a wonderful terrace with lovely views. We did not need this much room, however the terrace made it so nice. It was very clean and quiet. Great little town for walking, hiking or biking!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We loved this little village and the gorgeous views... It was so quiet and peaceful. We slept with our window open and we woke up to a rooster! This hotel was ok. The food was not very good... Breakfast below average - they actually had canned fruit which I found crazy in September! The rooms were spacious and clean, but the beds were very old and uncomfortable. The gathering areas were charming... The pool area was nice, and the service was pretty good... We had dinner there one night. I wasn't crazy about it, but my husband really enjoyed his meal, so mixed reviews ....

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We were very disappointed at our stay at the Vignale. First, they only had one bellman on duty when we checked in and when we checked out. Second, their front door opens right on the main street, so forget about staying there with pets or children. Third, they only have three check in parking spots, and they are across that main street. So, when the handle of my wine holder broke, I found myself kneeling on the main road to the village. There is one small elevator that goes only one floor, forget anyone who can not go up some stairs. We were given a deluxe room in the attic, my wife even had to bend down at one end of the room. Then there are the small porthole windows and the wooden storm shutters. Good thing there were no buildings across from us, they would get an eyeful. The AC would not come on the first night and no one would answer the phone at the front desk. OH, did I tell you, no box springs, just a mattress on a wooden bed. On the second night, I climbed on top of the bed and discovered the AC was turned off at the source, so we were cooler on the second night. Lastly, in the chaos of departing we left behind some wine and a souvenir purse, which the Hotel staff could not find. Yeap, a little icing on the cake. If you like quaint inns and no service, you'd love this place.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
relaisvignale, Direttore generale at Relais Vignale, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Sirs,
I am very sorry you did not enjoyed your recent stay at Relais Vignale. Each unsatisfied Guest, leaving our Hotel, is a big failure for us.
Here below, I am glad to reply to your remarks:
- Regarding the access to the Hotel from the street, the Hotel has also a back entrance to avoid the direct access from the main road. Guests that park their car in our main parking on the back, easily reach the Hotel entrance from the garden.
- It is true that we only have a small parking area in front of the entrance on the street with 3 spaces. We are the only Hotel in town that has it. We also are the only Hotel in Radda that has a large and free parking space at Clients’ disposal connected to the hotel.
- We do have 1 porter/bellman per shift, one in the morning and one in the afternoon/evening. We have approximately 10 check-out and 10 check-in per day so that 1 porter is more than enough to cover the needs. Having more than 1 porter per shift would mean to increase the cost of the rooms.
- I am sorry that your bottle of wine broke. You should have called someone at the front desk without taking care of the glass yourself.
- The elevator goes to the first floor where the majority of the rooms are located, except of course, the rooms on the ground floor. We usually take care of our Clients’ needs in order not to have them climbing stairs, assigning them accommodations on the ground floor or that can be reached by the elevator when requested.
- Some of our rooms are located in the attic and have a sloping roof. That is a main feature in old Tuscan buildings like our Hotel and obviously there are no other buildings in front of the windows. From our Deluxe accommodations, like the one you had, Guests can appreciate a great view on the Chianti countryside.
- I am really sorry for the lack of answer from our night porter regarding the air conditioning. I am also sorry you did not advise the front desk during the following day, we could have sent someone to check the air conditioning of your room.
- I am so sorry we could not find your wine after your departure. In the e-mail you have sent you did not mention the souvenirs but only the wine that for sure, I think, it is not the bottle you broke.
- I am thankful you mentioned that our Hotel is a characteristic property. We are proud to be a typical Tuscan country residence.
- I am sorry you did not like your accommodation. Again, you should have told the reception and we could have tried to assign you another room.
- You have complained the lack of assistance from our staff and I am sorry about that, but I noticed that you never asked for our intervention for none of the inconvenient. Our staff would have been happy to help you.
- I hope that your review on the Hotel would not have been influenced from the fact that due from our company policy we could not exchange your travellers cheque. As the reception staff mentioned, the bank is located only 10 meters from our building.
I hope you will our Guest in the future

Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

This is a modest Inn, fronting the main hiway in Radda. It is clean, sufficient and the staff did their job. However, at best, this is just a convenient place to stop and sleep. There is no charm, ambience or atmosphere here at the Inn feel you are 'on vacation' in Tuscany. Yes, there is a scenic view from the breakfast
balconey. But thats it. There are only 3 parking places outside the front door. And yes, everyone arrives and checks out at the same time. So be prepared to haul your own luggage both up a hill and back down a hill. The hillside parking lot was extremely challenging. Breakfast was average sufficientness. My room was located under the roof rafters; I only had two side porthole windows which looked out onto the roof. I guess i paid too much attention to all of the previous glowing reviews and 'best' hotel website pics. Again, this was modest. NOT a special place or place to feel pampered. And, I should have realized, based on the 'excellent' room rate. It was a fair value for what we paid. Price does matter in Italy

• Stayed: September 2013