I was on this trip through work as I won a trip for selling a lot of Italian wines. I took my fiancee and of all the places we visited this spot was the most romantic and picturesque. Venice is very romantic but also crowded and completely overpriced in San Marcos square (60 Euro for a bottle of medium quality Italian prosecco???)
The hotel is set on a hillside in a very rural setting that looks out on the rolling hills of Radda. The property feels like it's about 4 stories that ascend and descend up and down the hillside. There are various sitting rooms and terraces that offer incredible views of the hills. The morning we awoke for breakfast on the gorgeous terrace (picture flowers and vines all over the roof and sides) we took the best photos of the trip. Fog had rolled in and settled all about and then receded to a grand display of Sun and glistening countryside. Just breathtaking yet relaxing and good for the soul. The Chianti district in the heart of Tuscany is the antithesis of the hustle and bustle of Venice and Rome and will appeal to all those that want a slower pace and natural beauty. There were no crowds and you really get the feel for the quaint Italian countryside living. If you are a 'partier' Rome is the place for you. If you want to see that the world still has a calm soul in places, just go to Tuscany and let the newspaper clippings fade to meaninglessness. Cities inspire profane modes of living, countrysides inspire reverence.
The rooms were large and spacious and comfortably appointed with all the toiletries you'd need. Bed was comfortable but like all the beds we encountered in Italy, on the ultra firm side. AC was included of course. Service was quick and attentive and gracious--excellent marks here. The only gripe which probably is just a mark of charm and antiquity is the elevator--painfully small and slow!! But we saw this in 3 other hotels too so I think it's just expected. Take the stairs if you want your exercise.
Other notes: Seek out the very quaint chapel on site and say a prayer or meditate for just a few minutes if you wish and enjoy the calm feeling that will enter. There is a shoppe on site with many great souvenir choices and wine offerings that were priced very well in my opinion. Enjoy yourself, and tread lightly and reverently in this inspired setting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relais Vignale is an 18th-century villa located in Radda’s centre. It has a pool and features panoramic views across the Tuscan countryside from its restaurant terrace. Rooms are rustic yet elegant.Relais Vignale includes a collection of period furniture, frescoed ceilings, and grand fireplaces. Each room is individually designed, and comes with air conditioning and satellite TV..The in-house restaurant offers a menu of traditional Tuscan dishes and fine local wines. Attentive staff organise tastings in the property’s wine shop.The outdoor pool is heated and surrounded by a floral garden. There is also a TV room, lounge bar and library, plus free Wi-Fi in communal areas.The property is surrounded by the villages of the Chianti Classico wine region. Siena and Florence are both under an hour’s drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Relais Vignale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Fattoria Vignale Hotel Radda In Chianti
- Relais Vignale Radda In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany