“Wonderful visit and lunch”

Castello di Monterinaldi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We had a lovely visit and lunch at Castello di Monterinaldi. The four course luncheon was accompanied by a different wine at each course - a wonderful way to taste wines! The luncheon was in a private dining room and the food was outstanding. After lunch we had a private tour of the cellars. And come home with wine!!

1  Thank HHSue2013

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed this tour and lunch at Castello di Monterinaldi! Sara was our guide and she showed us the intricate workings of this well-established winery and how the wine is produced. She was very knowledgable and answered all of our questions during the tour. Then we got to eat lunch in the 18th century home on property in a private room. The lunch was excellent with different wines paired with each course of the meal. We had eaten at many high-priced restaurants during the week, but this meal by far was the best we have had since we came to Italy this trip. My wife and I would highly recommend this excursion.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

My husband and I visited Monterinaldi on our honeymoon, after booking the Winemaker for a Day package with Fabrizio. I am now struggling to find the right words to express how wonderful this experience was. When I first booked the package, I was a little nervous of the price - it seems like a lot of money to just plunk down. I couldn't have been more wrong! Every cent that we paid for the Winemaker for a Day class and the wine tour and lunch was so well worth it. You MUST do this for the best experience ever!

We started our Winemaker for a Day class with a tour given by Fabrizio. He certainly taught us so much about the differences between the grapes - their sunlight exposure, thickness of skin, etc. We were thrilled to learn so much from someone so passionate about their career. He took us through the cellar, which was an amazing experience to see all of the barrels that they use! Then, we went into a small room where the estate's Winemaker was waiting for us! We sampled pure wine of all of the grapes they produce at Monterinaldi, and then based on the characteristics created a blend that we personally loved. This package requires that you purchase 12 bottles of your personal blend (Which you create a label for, and then they ship home to you!), and my husband and I loved it so much, we bought 12 bottles each of 2 different blends.

After the class, we went into the GORGEOUS villa on site, and had lunch. This was some of the best home made food we've ever had, and my goodness, was there a lot of it! The private room we were in was just stunning, and we loved every minute of the day.

Fabrizio, thank you and everyone at Monterinaldi, sincerely. What a wonderful day! We can't wait to get our wine, and have memories of Monterinaldi every time we drink it!

For those of you thinking of trying this - you absolutely have to do the winemaker for a day class - it was the most wonderful day ever!

Ali & Brandon Kunkel

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

This is a must. To be treated like royalty and served in a private and exquisite manner was special indeed. Don't think you will be pressured into buying at the end either as this is so not the case. Thank you Monterinaldi for a treat to behold and we will definitely be buying the wine online and attempting your 4 course accompanying meal on our return to the UK. Go, it's unique and extremely reasonable at 25 euros per head for a tour and lunch although there are other interesting options. Visit their website

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We went here as a bit of a afterthought. It we had missed this place it would have been our loss. It was like stepping back in time. I loved the simplicity and laid back atmosphere. We ran into a winemaker who was very informative and found some very unique art.
Don't miss this stop!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank richard r