“Winery Tour” 5 of 5 stars

Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Houston, Texas
“Winery Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Took tour of the Winery with Fabrizio and it was great. Did both lunch and wine tasting as well. Both the wine and the food were excellent. Ended up purchacing several cases of wine and Olive Oil to ship back to Texas.

Visited April 2013

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Santa Rosa, California
“A Must Visit......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

What a wonderful place to visit!!! We were very lucky our driver Johnny knew of this place. He called and they gladly opened their doors for us with no notice. Sara was our tour guide as well. She is such a knowledgable and friendly host. And the wine is delightful. We live in Sonoma County California the heart of wine country and loved this wine so much we sent some home. We will definitely be purchasing more. This is a must see (and taste).

Boston, Massachusetts
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 136 helpful votes
“Beautiful grounds, tour, and tasting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Having lived in Tuscany for two years only to return to the USA I missed wine, and that's an understatement. My boyfriend and I decided to return to Tuscany 6 months after I last lived there. He had never been to Italy and thus I was playing tour guide. He had a list of things he wanted to do/see and I only had one thing in mind- finding wine and making sure I could bring it back to the USA with us.

Exhaustive searching lead me to Castello di Monterinaldi. The drive to Radda in Chianti from Florence was quite easy and very picturesque. (You can also take public buses from Florence.) Prior to our arrival I was in contact with Fabrizio via email who informed me of the different tours available.

We opted for a tour with snacks. The tour was conducted by Sara who speaks several languages. Since my boyfriend only speaks English it was performed in English but her and I talked for some time in Italian. She was informative and allowed questions along the way. She showed us the grounds, the processing area, the first wine press at Monterinaldi, as well as some other parts of the grounds before leading us back inside where snacks were waiting for us. We tasted Chianti, Chianti Riserva, a young olive oil, Vin Santo from 1975, and a few others which I can't recall at this moment. All were presented with no pressure to purchase.

The snacks were divine! So fresh, and delicious. They included a Tuscan flat bread, Tuscan bread (without salt), cheeses, and several different cured meats. Another group arrived while we enjoyed our tasting and snacks and yet we never felt rushed. Finally, once we were finished and at our discretion, I inquired about the prices. The best part, since we live in Massachusetts where wine can not be shipped to without an import license, we found the prices inclusive of shipping to be fair. We made our purchase and left there talking about the great afternoon we experienced.

We can not wait to return in 6 months to purchase more wine and visit Monterinaldi again.

1 Thank Belle1025
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing Tour, Tasting and Private Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We went as a mother and daughter trio and had an exceptional experience. Although it was a rainy day, it did not hinder our experience at all. When we arrived, we were greeted by Sara who took us on a private tour of the cellar and grounds, which are beautiful. After the tour we had a private lunch in a very fancy dining room, where we had a four course meal and tasted all of the wines that are made there. Both the wines and food were delicious, and the price of the lunch was reasonable and definitely worth it.Sara was very warm and friendly and made this experience a memorable one for all of us. This is a must do if you are taking a trip to the chianti region.

1 Thank JamieS729
Yorba Linda, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Italy Honeymoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We went to visit Castello did Monterinaldi in the Chianti region when we did an day tour in Tuscany as part of our honeymoon vacation. We had an amazing time walking through the winery. The views where incredible and the staff was so friendly. We got to take a tour and they showed us how they make their wine and at the end of the tour we got to have an authentic Italian lunch. This lunch included appetizer, first course, second course and dessert, it was delicious and each course was paired up with different wines. We were so happy we got to ship back a box of the wines we tasted!! We will definitely go back!!

Visited October 2012