“Lovely Restaurant with excellent service”
Review of La Botte di Bacco

La Botte di Bacco
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Nice restaurant with good reptutation for the quality of food. The service was excellent and I enjoyed the food there the most out of the 3-4 restaurants we ate in in Radda. More of a formal dining experience without a terrace but that is the choice that we preferred. Beautiful views from the lovely windows in the restaurant and the tables were placed spacious enough not to be ontop of the people sat next to you! It was a very lovely environment and we enjoyed our meal there very much and will return!

pablio, Proprietario at La Botte di Bacco, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your recent Post on TripAdvisor and your fantastic review of your dinner experience in our restaurant La Botte di Bacco!
We hope to have a possibilitty to welcome you back soon again.

Warmest regards,
Gianluca and Flavio

Write a ReviewReviews (1,417)

Reviewed August 11, 2013

recommended by friends we visited la botte di Bacco at a nice location in Radda in Chianti. Though the restaurant was full we managed to get a table for 8 while waiting with a nice bottle of wine. The waiting was well worth it as the the Ravioli as starter and the Filtto di Manzo were both by far the best I ever had. Wine was great as well, also very good service from the team.
The food was so good that we went back the evening after and I had it again. Than for another evening I tried the Ravioli at another place nearby but had to come back for having Ravilio for lunch at "la Botte" and thank Fabio and Vittoria for the great passion they put in their work. Great memory and 100% guaranteed I'll come back another year, if needed make a 50 miles D-tour to get there. Ciao!

Thank you so much for your Post on TripAdvisor and your fantastic review of your gastronomic experience in our restaurant La Botte di Bacco.
I am happy to know that you enjoyed your dinner with us and appreciated our specialities: home-made breads and pasta!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

When you walk in to this restaurant you feel like you are walking into a friend's home; its small and cozy and you are received with a warm welcome. The food is absolutely outstanding tuscan fare and you can tell everything is freshly prepared in the kitchen. We ordered the tuscan bean soup and a pappardelle with wild boar ragu along with the waiters recommendation for a Chianti Classico. Wonderful experience overall.

pablio, Proprietario at La Botte di Bacco, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Cooking with Flavio was a thoroughly amazing culinary experience.

Hello to Flavio from Chicago . We did your cooking course on June 13th and we have to say it was one of the highlights of our trip to Italy. The food was magnificent, the setting was just beautiful and we really enjoyed the conversations we had with you both on the day. Your warm welcome to total strangers from the other side of the world made sure that the day will live long in our memories. We are planning to cook some of the dishes over the next few weeks so we will keep our fingers crossed. The best thing with the recipes we were taught is that they were completely Italian but pretty easy so we can replicate them at home. he was great chef about giving us some back ground on the foods and recipes and the differences in regional cooking , we all definitely learned a lot! We will always remember the time we spent with you and we send you our best wishes and sincere thanks for your hospitality. There were a lot of laughs in the kitchen along the way as well, thanks to Flavio's great sense of humor. If you are in the neighborhood and love food, don't miss the lunch and great cooking class with this bellissimo man!
Flavio, if you are ever in Chicago -- you've got friends here so look us up!

I’m so happy to read your comment about my cooking classes, for me your comment is the real victory of a lot years of my job. When I was 14 I got as waitress in one small and simply restaurant in province of Naples and fell in love with watching the cooks and decided that is what I wanted to do! In Italian we say take the art and keep it at part. Well that's what I made in the last 10 years. ..I love cooking because you can transform something ordinary into something beautiful, delectable, and memorable. If you have a passion for cooking it's like cooking with love and I feel love is one of the best ingredients when you cook. You can almost taste the love in a dish or piece of food, I think it's a magical feeling.

I believe that in my work, the relationship with people is the most important thing. When students o guests, who I cook and eat with him appreciate what has been produced, is the higher satisfaction that I can have.

I enjoy cooking classes and the work in the kitchen because it is a way to help people understand the food and minerals ushered through the earth. The knowledge of knowing where your food came from, how it is grown or raised to me is one of the most fascinating things that I can learn about, and important also. I feel that if people can understand the food we eat, then they can be more inclined to preserve the way it comes to us which is actually giving back to the earth for what we take from it.

My cooking classes that I organise give a balanced knowledge to acquire the principal techniques for cooking and dressing the plates, making the fresh dough for pasta fresca, pizza and bread, learn about fish, vegetables meat and legumes, ending by creating fresh and delicate pastry.

With my students, I never miss the chance to joke, I try to transmit strong emotion and passion for the italien cuisine and for creating delicious and delicate dishes. I hope you've noticed that Cooking can be really relaxing and fun, believe me Cooking is a great form of art and very therapeutic.

A big thank you again for all the nice words and compliments on Tripadvisor about my cooking classes. I hope to see you again in my restaurant the next year and I will call you in winter when I will stay in USA!!!

Chef
Flavio D’auria

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We had a very pleasant meal here. Typical dishes you see in this area but with a little twist and nice plating. Mains are around 18e. The pork was very nice, thankfully not overcooked and could have been a little pinker, my lamb chops well seasoned I wanted more! The most creative and delicious bread basket we've had all trip. The wine service was funny, because they gave the menu to my husband, he gave it me, then asked him for the wine order, I ordered the wine, then when it came to taste they asked him to taste it despite me selecting and ordering it. I guess in Italy women don't order wine much, lol, it was cute. It's not a cheap night out once you add covers, bread, water, vegetables we topped over 100e for 2 courses, 1 veg, cheapest bottle of wine but I think this is a splendid place to come for a special occasion, the food tasty well presented and the staff very lovely and friendly.

pablio, Proprietario at La Botte di Bacco, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Dear Guest,