I cannot say enough about Hotel Villa Campomaggio. We selected this resort after HOURS of research and could not have been happier with our selection. The grounds are beautiful with break-taking views from all directions. The pool is well-maintained and was a perfect oasis in the July heat. The rooms are clean and spacious, the common areas are beautifully decorated and very welcoming. We spent time lounging on the outdoor patios, drinking wine, reading and relaxing. Bountiful breakfast buffet with delicious selections that kept us full until dinner. The staff was professional, kind and extremely helpful with directions, dinner reservations and whatever else we needed. On our next visit to Italy, whenever that may be, we plan on spending the entire time at Villa Campomaggio. We were there four nights and our only regret is that our stay wasn't longer!
If you visit, a rental car is a must, as we spent several days driving to popular spots 30-45 minutes from the resort. Also, Laura recommended Osteria Le Panzanelle, a local restaurant in Lucarelli - less than five minutes away by car. We ate there three of our four nights! Delicious food at reasonable prices...a wonderful Tuscan experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just outside the village of Radda, Villa Campomaggio is surrounded by vineyards in the heart of the Chianti countryside. Dating back to 1776, the villa's grounds include a swimming pool and SPA.This historic villa has elegant rooms and apartments, all decorated with the same care and attention to detail. They feature hardwood or terracotta floors and wood-beam or arched ceilings. All include free Wi-Fi, LCD TV and Minibar.A buffet breakfast is served out in the courtyard where you can enjoy the tranquility of the garden. Light meals are available for lunch around the pool and an aperitif with snack buffet is served in the afternoon.The SPA area includes a Jacuzzi, Turkish bath, Sauna and relaxation area. You can treat yourself to a massage or beauty treatment.Free parking is available and the center of Radda in Chianti is 5 minutes away by car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Travelocity, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Villa Campomaggio Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Campomaggio Hotel Radda In Chianti
- Hotel Villa Campomaggio Resort & Spa Radda In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany