“Delicious meal in a gorgeous setting”

Ristorante Podere Le Vigne
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Johannesburg
“Delicious meal in a gorgeous setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful dinner here while on our honeymoon in Chianti. We were looking forward to enjoying the view from the terrace, but unfortunately the drizzly weather didn't allow it so we were seated inside. The inside table still had a great view and the rest of our experience made up for it. The service was excellent, our waitress was attentive and friendly. My meal was delicious; I had the Pappa al Pomodoro to start , which was more filling than I anticipated, so I wasn't able to finish my fantastic main course; beef fillet with truffle. We had a lovely experience here, and would highly recommend Le Vigne to anyone traveling in the Radda area.

• Visited July 2014
MariaTeresa14, Direttore generale at Ristorante Podere Le Vigne, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Thank you very much Sirs, we are very glad to know that you have appreciated your experience at Le Vigne during your honeymoon.
thanks again for your nice review, we hope to meet you again here in the Chianti region.
Best regards

• Greek first
California
“Ahhh, Chianti & the rolling vineyards as far as the eye can see!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

Tucked in the middle of a vineyard in Radda in Chianti is the luxurious, lovely Podere LeVigne
Hotel Ristorante. Finding it the first time for us which was in 1989 was intense as we headed down this long, winding dirt road with vineyards flanking each side. Alas, we came out to this beautiful stone structure which is both a hotel & a 4-star restaurant. We were having dinner with friends & never forgot the experience. Now just my husband & I return to Chianti & decided to see if they were still there. Much to our delight they were. The road & the building has not changed. We had wine out on the graveled patio area overlooking the vineyards. It was a beautiful day in mid October 2013. We had a delicious lunch of fresh salads & scrumptious braised chicken with olives. I remember having the best rack of lamb ever last time. We spoke with the manager who was very gracious & decided on our next trip to Italy, we must stay here.

• Visited October 2013
thank you very much, we are very glad to hear that you came back to Le Vigne since you had a good memory of our place, the satisfaction of our clients is the most important thing for us.
hereford,uk
“Lovely evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

Very relaxed,lovely evening with the family,food excellent,good service amongst the vines.Well worth a visit

Visited July 2014
1 Thank geraldmcdermott321
London, United Kingdom
“What a shame. It used to be so good.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

I've visited Le Vigne on many previous visits to the Chianti region. With a stay of 2 weeks for this year, I had expected to eat at Le Vigne 2 or 3 times.
Unfortunately, last night's visit was a prime example of just getting everything wrong.
Despite having made a reservation, it took 20 minutes to be seated. They had clearly tried to pack in too many guests with not enough staff. If they are not able to cope, they should be turning away people.
The view from the terrace is beautiful, but to take 50 minutes before taking an order is not acceptable. We were by no means the only table that had to wait so long for our order to be taken. When I finally got up to ask for someone to take our order, the owner/manageress eventually came over. When I said that I'd been waiting for almost an hour, she simply shrugged her shoulders. Really not a good example to staff.
The starter (bruschetta) took 20 minutes and then was brought out to another table before being taken away and brought to us! Sadly, it was fine, but nothing special.
Gnochetti tartufo is one of my favourite dishes, and sadly it was somewhere between nothing special and overly sharp with mushrooms.
Pricing isn't bad, but given the poor service and quality, it isn't worth it.
I should have followed my instinct and walked out when it had taken so long to take the order.
This place won't be getting a second chance from me. What a shame.

• Visited August 2014
4 Thank Planitearth
MariaTeresa14, Direttore generale at Ristorante Podere Le Vigne, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
dear Sir,
You are right, from the terrace of our restaurant our clients can enjoy a breathtaking view on the vineyards, and people come from all over the world to enjoy it.
The appreciation of our oil and our food, in particular the gnocchi in a truffle sauce is general and, as you have written, our restaurant is a very popular place where you can come to taste simple but tasty Tuscan dishes together with our delicious wine, and to enjoy a beautiful view and music, while using wifi or just relaxing enjoying your holiday!
BUT, If you are in rush, if you feel on a competition with people who are sitting at the tables near yours, I would suggest you to go to some fast food place ( also in Italy you can find some!), where you could have a good and quick meal as you desire.
Just for the record, gnocchi in a truffle sauce don't contain any mushroom! We don't accept any suggestion from people like you, who criticize a plate talking about ingredients they don't contain even remotely.
regards

Ridgefield, Connecticut
“Fantastic Tuscan meal with an extra helping of hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

I am spellbound by any negative review of this place. For the record, this is our second time in Tuscany, third in Italy, and we hail from San Francisco and Portland, Maine and now live outside New York. So, good food is not unknown to us.

We thoroughly enjoyed the meal. The gnocchetti con tartufo was incredible - light, melt in your mouth gnocchetti and a tartufo sauce that was incredible. Even the mixed grill - which can be a little bland at times in some places - was done to perfection. Everything about the meal from the glass of house wine (a simple but very smooth Chianti) to the dessert was spot on.

Aside from the meal, the host Teresa (sp?) made the experience. She was warm, welcoming, and gracious - even giving us a carton of milk to take with us for our coffee the next morning free of charge as it was our first night in Tuscany and we had arrived late.

Not sure what passes for Italian food in Glastonbury, but I can tell you this is one of the better Italian meals I have had anywhere inside outside Italy. And, as far as cost goes if you think that 8 - 10 Euro per primi dishes and 14-20 per secondi is too much, I would suggest you are a cheap skate.

Our only regret is that we were dining late in the evening and were not able to enjoy the wonderful outdoor setting and view of the vineyards.

• Visited June 2014
ottavio10, Direttore generale at Ristorante Podere Le Vigne, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
thank you very much for the kind words you spent to describe your experience at Le Vigne, we are very glad to know that you have enjoyed your meal and the kindness of our staff, and we hope to meet you again here in the Chianti area!
Best regards