“Make sure you have 4wd so you don't miss this place”

Ristorante Podere Le Vigne
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 24, 2013

During our family vacation, my sister-in-law searched online and found Le Vigne which had excellent reviews. Since she was in charge of planning our day's journey, so she mapped the restaurant for lunch on her phone and off we went. Well, this place is incredibly hard to find. If we hadn't stopped in Radda to ask for directions, I'm not sure we would have found it. It is about a mile outside of Radd in Chianti and once you take the turn off, it is a short (but seemingly long) and incredibly bumpy drive to the hotel/restaurant. The first thing you notice is the amazing view. Then you start eating. I had the best lasagna of our whole trip here. We all took bites of each other's meals and no one could say which was their favorite. This is a must-see and must-have place if you're in the area.

1  Thank Shasta C

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were referred to this restaurant while shopping at ramping ceramics and what a pleasant surprise. After a short adventure down a bumpy road through the vineyards we were greeted warmly and had a relaxing, delicious lunch. Great service, good wine, tasty food and beautiful views. So much so we returned for dinner a few nights later and repeated the experience. I can't recall the names of some of the dishes but the fried cheese appetizer and pecorino and pepper pasta were outstanding

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed here for 8 nights, most people do an overnight, and we were able to have both lunches and dinners. Fantastic views. Staff very friendly and food very good. One evening I had the "Florentina" a 900gm T Bone, took up the whole of a round bread board !! need to be very hungry to order.

Prices less than in Radda

Directions misleading - if coming from west - pass through Radda, down hill, restaurant sign on right - turn right before bridge and sign "Le Vigne 0.4 - fo;;ow track through rows of chianti

Buon appertito !!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We drove through Chianti tasting wines and needed a great meal to fill our stomachs to keep tasting. It was a beautiful summer day and no better way to spend it than overlooking the vineyards with some Tuscan food and a great Chianti Classico wine. Our servers were prompt and polite. I had the crepes with Ricotta cheese and spinach and my wife had the wide noodles with a wild boar sauce, we of course shared and enjoyed. Great job hope to return sometime soon.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

As I was staying at their hotel for 2 nights, I managed to have a few meals. They serve typical Tuscan dishes and the food is fresh and the portions are quite good. The average price for a couple, including wine, starters, main courses and desserts is around €65. There was a young waitress that was really friendly and helpful, she was really kind and was also keen to speak english with my boyfriend ( I am Italian so at some point I just gave up translating everything).
The Restaurant has also outodoor seating with a scenic view over the Chianti hills and vineyards and is a relaxing place where you would be able to enjoy typical dishes, both at lunch and dinner time.

1  Thank laurasuper79