Skandinavia Country Club & SPA
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$96
Repinskaya(Repino)
$52
$115
Agoda.com
Dom Tvorchestva Architektor(Zelenogorsk)(Great Value!)
$48
$86
Agoda.com
K-Vizit Hotel(St. Petersburg)
$67
$100
  • Pool
All reviewsgreat placest petersburgmy wifehidden gemjacuzzigulfspatreatmentclubfacilitiesrestaurantcenturylevelicebikesforestcomplex
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 3, 2012

It is the best place to escape St. Petesburg for the weekend.
Amazing country club!
Going there at least twice a year and would strongly recommend!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DMelnikov
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I was here for a seminar so could only dream of the special spa facilities, however the pool was great, the room was excellent and had all facilities you'd expect The food we had for our group was excellent. The only point I would make in the negative is allowing glasses and bottles at the pool and jacuzzis. Although the hotel asks for this not to happen they don't say anything - broken glass and swimming does not go well. But......I will definitely return for a longer stay.

Room Tip: Just in case children are staying I would request a room that doesn't overlook the pool. The pool is open until late and people sit around chatting too so these rooms can be noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank islandgirlcityboy
Reviewed March 19, 2012

We stayed several times at Skandinavia over the last 2 years and enjoyed every bit of it. Not only that the hotel/service is a good price for the value, but it's one of the rare places within an hour drive from the city that is interesting enough to visit and have a relaxing weekend. The breakfast and the SPA are superb.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Vladimir D
Reviewed November 13, 2011

It has been my 5th time in Scandinavia over the past 4 years and have to note that it gets better and better.

Breakfast bar is very rich, the restaurant menu is superb, the wine list is very good.

I made an Internet reservation for the junior suite in October and when I checked in in November the price was 60% lower as I hit the sale time which I didn't know about - nice :-). The open air heated swimming pool is clean and welcoming, the sauna and the hamam are open at no extra cost from noon to 5pm and the spa in the newly completed wellness centre is of very high standard.

If you want a great weekend - don't think, just go to Scandinavia. It is a very special
place.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank safaricakes s
Skandinavia_hotel, Public Relations Manager at Skandinavia Country Club & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2011

Dear safaricakes,
Thank you for the review! Welcome back to Skandinavia Country Club & SPA!

Reviewed August 6, 2011

We stayed at this resort for 2 nights but were supposed to stay four nights but do to a major problem we left early and went to another resort. I was traveling with my wife and two children aged 7 and 4 from the USA. We chose this resort based on the location and the web sights photos of the hotel which are not accurate and I will explain more below. The resort is located out in the country about 1 hour from downtown on the road that takes you along the Finland Gulf. Finland is only a couple of hours away by car. My wife was born and raised in St. Petersburg and we usually go there every couple of years. Before I tell you about the problem let me give you my review first. During the summer Russians typically spend time at their summer home called a dacha usually located out in the county and this resort is in a nice area located on the Gulf of Finland. The grounds are well manicured and the pool is nice and large with Jacuzzi tubs and a Russian banya or sauna. The outdoor facility is rather nice and extremely quite during the night. They have table and chairs around the pool area and cabanas on the grounds for your use. The lobby of the hotel is nothing special and very small but gets the job done. My wife usually spoke to the lobby staff in Russian but with the little contact I had with them in English they were not overly friendly but they were not rude either. They don’t go out of their way to make you feel very welcome that’s for sure. Our room was located on the 2nd floor and there are no lifts or elevators at this hotel so you have carry your luggage up two flights of stairs to get it to your room which is not too convenient. The resort is graded 5 stars by Russians standards however it is really 3 stars at best I would say. It is a typical resort style room that could use some freshening up. Our room had a queen bed and sleeper sofa. The kids said the sleeper sofa was very uncomfortable. The photos of the rooms are not very accurate. They have some suites at this hotel and also a private house located on the grounds which are also for rent and the photos on the web sight must be of the suites or the house because our room sure didn’t look like the rooms in the web sight photos.

Our room included buffet breakfast each morning and it was nothing special. The food choices were a bit limited. Only the desk staff and 1 person in the restaurant spoke English so ordering food could be tough if you are not with someone who speaks both languages. We ate dinner one night at the hotel and it was neither good nor bad but at least we ate. There are no other restaurants with in walking distance of the hotel but there are many good restaurants with in 10 minutes of the hotel and taxis are available and fairly reasonable. I would recommend eating dinner outside the hotel.

Now for the bad part. My wife left her I Phone 4 inside the room on the night stand next to the bed one night and forgot to lock it up in the safe when we went out for dinner. Upon our return we noticed the maid came in and did turn down service and the phone was missing. We looked every where in the room and could not find it. We reported it missing to the front desk staff and when I tried to call the phone it was turned off but it was on when we left which is another sign it was take from the room. The front desk staff called us back the next day after we checked out and told us they checked the security camera and no one was in the room? However someone was definitely in the room as they didn’t turn down service and the phone didn’t grow legs and walk away.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family