My boyfriend and I spent one week at Brisas Santa Lucia in mid-May. We expected the facilities to be relatively modest, given the budget pricing, but hoped that it would at least be decent, clean, well-kept and with no big disappointments. Overall, our expectations were generally met and we had a fun and relaxing week away.
As is often the case, a number of the staff were friendly, attentive and really nice to chat with - our thanks to Nirgis and Luis (bar,) Madelena (coffee bar,) Omelia and Lenore (buffet,) and Johendre (pool.) The front desk ladies (Tunisis and Aly) were helpful in sorting out a quiet room when we checked in - this required a bit of instigating on my part although it did help that I'd sent an email request prior.
We were fortunate that it was a quiet time for the resort which made lounging at the pool pleasantly lively but not rowdy. Likewise, line-ups for the bars and coffee bar were limited. Our favourite spot is always on the beach and Brisas certainly has a long stretch of sand, plenty of loungers and readily available water sport boats which are fun - but all of these experiences were somewhat tainted because the beach can be dirty. There are bits of litter lying around and big piles of seaweed, and although there seems to be staff around it doesn't appear to be anyone's job to actually pick this up.
As many others have commented a number of the resort buildings and individual rooms seem tired and in need of upgrades, fresh paint, functioning air conditioning, etc.
Food was average - again, modest offerings with limited variety, but always enough to eat. We enjoyed plenty of the thin crust pizza and asked the chef to put some of the pasta garlic sauce on top - tasty. Red wine was quite drinkable, a decent option - cocktails (and we tried many of them) were not the greatest, an unfortunate combination of very sweet mixes and low quality alcohols.
Our expectations were exceeded when it came to the entertainment staff. We understand that there are often changes in personnel, but the dancers, singers and hosts that we saw were first rate and we thoroughly enjoyed the couple of shows we attended. These are hard-working staff, you often see them during the day either rehearsing or enthusiastically hosting pool-side activities (the dance classes were fun.)
In summary, we were expecting a budget all-inclusive experience and had heard good things, many (but not all) of which turned out to be true - but overall we had a very fun and relaxing week of tropical vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brisas Santa Lucia is an all inclusive hotel, located on Santa Lucia Beach, approximately 110 km from the Camaguey airport, and includes unlimited daily activites, water sports and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Brisas Santa Lucia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brisas Santa Lucia Hotel Playa Santa Lucia
- Staybridge Suites Camaguey
- Brisa Santa Lucia
- Camaguey Staybridge Suites
- Santa Lucia Cuba
- Brisas Santa Lucia Playa Santa Lucia, Cuba - Camaguey Province