We stayed at Brisas from October 27th - November 3rd with a group of four. We found overall that the week that we were there reflected excellent value for our money.
Our checkin and overall service while staying at the hotel was excellent. The first night, our room key did not work and someone was sent to our room with us to ensure that this issue was corrected straight away. Luis at the front desk was very helpful during our stay and began to know us as our room numbers - great sense of humour! Wait staff were only too happy to oblige to our requests during our stay, and we found the majority of staff at the hotel to be very friendly and efficient. The entertainment was fantastic and continued throughout the day on the resort which we appreciated - it was nice to see the entertainers mingling a lot with hotel guests.
The food here was really great by Cuba's standards - it is important to remember that one does not go to Cuba to eat the food. The buffet always had great options including pizza, pasta, and fruit. The snack bar had hamburgers and hotdogs for the members of our group who were picky eaters. We really enjoyed the Cuban themed food night, as well as the Italian a la carte.
The resort was very clean and well-placed. The boardwalk to the beach was a nice addition, as was the proximity of the beach to the block of rooms where we were staying (2). We had a great view from our room overlooking the beach and block 3.
The excursions sponsored by Nolitours were inexpensive and promised a lot of variety. Our group went for the Lobster Dinner and dance lessons with Anita Cha-Cha-Cha, as well as to Playa Bonita (snorkeling the world's 3rd largest coral reef, catamaran tour, and swimming on the world's most gorgeous beach!) with Juan-Carlo. Any more than that and we would have been too exhausted by week's end!
One issue that we ran into throughout the week however, was the beverage selection. We found that there were very few options for blended ice drinks (daiquiris), or more "specialty" drinks such as the mojito. We did manage to get these when leaving the resort to go to other bars, but it was the one area we felt could use greater improvement.
Overall, our experience was wonderful and we have started planning our next trip with our group of four to visit again. To Luis, Roly, Jackie, Maria, Norakis, Jorge, Cupido, and Arrabella - can't wait to see all of you again next year! You made our stay very special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brisas Santa Lucia is an all inclusive hotel, located on Santa Lucia Beach, approximately 110 km from the Camaguey airport, and includes unlimited daily activites, water sports and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Brisas Santa Lucia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brisas Santa Lucia Hotel Playa Santa Lucia
- Staybridge Suites Camaguey
- Brisa Santa Lucia
- Camaguey Staybridge Suites
- Santa Lucia Cuba
- Brisas Santa Lucia Playa Santa Lucia, Cuba - Camaguey Province