“I have been to this resort several times and plain to return several more”
Review of Brisas Santa Lucia

Brisas Santa Lucia
Reviewed May 16, 2011

I had my Wedding at this hotel. The public relation people Oldris and Roel really went all out for me.If I could do it over again I wouldnt change a thing. The service was great and it was a nice place to spend our honeymoon. There are dosens of staff their that always remember us when we return. It is my home away from home.I have been to several of there houses and always feel welcome there. I consider these people my good friends. The hotel has the best food out of the four that are there. A very nice pool and 27 kilometers of white sandy beaches. there is a good place for scuba diving and snorkeling.Cuba has the second largest reef in the world.I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to get away for a while.Alone or with faimly it is a good spot to spend a week or two.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank earle_cooke
Write a ReviewReviews (1,951)

Reviewed May 14, 2011

Entertainment staff were very friendly and talented. Shows were highly entertaining. Rooms were clean and staff were friendly. Always activities to get involved in. Definitely catered to a younger crowed. No cpomplaints...perhaps an ice cream bar?!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank scarrick
Reviewed May 11, 2011

When we first arrived at the resort, we were greeted by a group of dancers and were given our first glass of rum punch!
The actual buildings were a little rough....but the rooms were clean and the electricity and water worked.
From the Camaguey airport, the bus ride was about 1 1/2 hours....it was a very eye opening experience with a direct look into the lives of the average cuban. The beach was absolutely beautiful, with lots of activites to enjoy. There was access to bikes and mopeds with which you could get off the resort and visit the neighbouring communities and resorts.
The workers were wonderful....they were so kind and thoughtful. There were always daytime activities by the pool to take part in. The music was awesome. The night time entertainment for the most part was hilarious.....we enjoyed it tremendously. Roli and Julie were fantastic. The Massuse is incrediable....i had two messages and wish i had time for more.
Thank you Brisas for a WONDERFUL vacation.....we hope to one day return!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AndoVB
Reviewed May 10, 2011

I went as part of a group of ten ( all family- 6 of which were ages 16-24, and 4 parents 45 and over)- and this was an incredible experience for all of us!

The service we experienced was phenomenal! The staff were always courteous, friendly, eager to help. Presentation and quality of meals were all terrific, at both the buffet and the snack bar. Wide selection of foods for the more adventurous tongues, as well as for picky eaters who enjoy the norm. (Buffet meals change from one day to the next, but the Pizza and Pasta bar are always open at meal times!)

The rooms were great, very clean, comfortable. The cleaning ladies left ourroom immaculate for us after breakfasts everyday. Bathrooms were so clean (which is a very very big deal for me when traveling!!)The location was absolutely beautiful. I don't think I saw a single piece of garbage along the beach or resort at any given time. Plenty of shade on the beach, also.

The entertainers were terrific, lots of fun attending the shows in the evenings! Activities by the pool were great, plenty of music and dancing! Even with all the music and shows going on, and our block very close to them, we had no trouble sleeping during the day or early evenings if we wanted to.

I enjoyed the excursions the best! All excursions were organized really well, went off smoothly and everybody had a fantastic time. Olive was fantastic in helping us, (a large group with many different interests) plan and organize ourselves so everyone could experiences as many of them as possible.

If you're heading to this resort, definitely go to the Pirate Beach & Lobster Dinner! Learn to dance with Anita Cha Cha Cha, check our Froggy & Roley's comedy night, and go Horseback Riding with Enrique at the Brisas cowboys! You will not regret it!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank amandalj
Reviewed May 10, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Be Live from May 2nd to May 6th.

Although we had a layover in TO because of a problem with the Cuban plane we injoyed our stay at this resort. Our room had hot water but some others did not. We always found something to eat at the buffet but I should have brough peanut butter as you get sick of eggs in the morning after a couple of days. The beach was very nice but there are locals walking back and forth constantly to sell shells and hats....how many time do you have to say NO in a day. I understand they are a poor economy but back and forth all day. Most of the young people stayed at the pool for the entertainment....it got quite load around the pool during the day.

All in all I enjoyed my stay at this resort...If you are homesick for your dogs or cats when you are away...No more....you can give some attention to the very friendly animals at this resort.

I would recomment to my younger friends but would not recomment for people with small children.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2011

This is a good spot for young people in there 20's/30's. The resort was very busy just before the show and after the show until the Disco opened down the street. I have been to many different resorts in Cuba and this resort had the best night life.

Before I review this resort please take note of my pics regarding the puppy that came to the resort shortly after we got there....one young girl named him Nicholas and he is in need of some flea powder so If you are heading down please bring some for Nicholas and remove the other flea collar that I had put on him. He is a real cuttie and lives on the right of the coffee club area (he sleeps there in the shade)....please feed him as well. If you bring anything please consider flea collars, flea powder and flea shampoo as the front desk saw me with the collars I brought and had asked for some for their dogs at home.

Food: If you like sea food this is the place for you. Crab legs, piles of shrimp, calamari and many different kinds of fish to try. There is a pasta bar but the lines can be long so we got there as soon as it opened. There was pizza but it is very thin crusted and not many toppings. One night we had a nice turkey dinner....we did not try any of the a la carte.

Rooms: The rooms are hit and miss. We had hot water, no bugs and our air conditioning worked well.

Beach: The beach was very nice. There was seaweed on the beach but they cleaned it the best they can, The only thing about the beach was locals walking back and forth trying to sell seastars and straw hats all the time.

I would recommend this resort to my young friends but not to people with small children or seniors.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank jon_zapparat
Reviewed May 6, 2011

Great Waiters, decent food and terrible Managers!!!

The beaches and pools were clean and we had a good time overall. I thought that the waiters and bartenders were happy to serve people and always friendly, The air conditioning was programed so that it wouldn't turn on until 6 at night some nights so we were hot. The food was good for Cuba. I really liked the cook who made snacks in between meals by the poo! He makes a great burger, hot dogs, grilled cheese and fries! The pasta was the best part of the buffett and the soups were good too.

I had one problem and that was with the maid. I noticed someone else had problems with the maids and this is my advice, don't trust them or the managers! I was given two beach towels by the maid on our second day and we brought our own so we returned them to one of the staff members. On our last day the maid forced us to follow her around the resort looking for two towels we never used and also had returned. After this embarrassment they were no where to be found by the staff. The manager told me we were paying $20 for the two towels. Be careful who you trust and ask around where you should return items or you will be charged. Nobody told us where to return them and it cost us. I would recommend staying at the Caracol because it is way cheaper as it listed as a 3 star but is just as nice. The food is the same, we were told by another couple staying there and didn't have all the drunk high school girls in bikinis that they at the buffett without covering up. It was a good vacation because we met some other nice couples and made the most of it!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bluejays52000
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Santa Lucia
Hotel Roc Santa Lucia (Ex Gran Club)
Hotel Roc Santa Lucia (Ex Gran C...
#1 of 4 in Playa Santa Lucia
Casa Particular Miriam Guerra
Brisas Guardalavaca Hotel
Brisas Guardalavaca Hotel
#2 of 3 in Guardalavaca

Been to Brisas Santa Lucia? Share your experiences!